• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Dinamo Zagreb vs Arsenal | 08/08/06

Djourou

zgfan said:
db10_therza said:
But back to the football does anyone really know who the main threats are from Zaghreb, what their defence is like and subsequently whom we should play up front etc

well, I beleive there are few threats there:

1. Eduardo da Silva (attacker) - he is playing in great shape recently. Last two games scored 2 goals on each. PSV offered 10 mil Euro last week for him. (he is playing for national team)
2. Modric - (midfield) - runner, pass maker, can score too (he is playing for national team)
3. Vugrinec - (midfielder) - was playing in italian clubs (ex national team player)
3. Etoo - playing on right side - fast as a wind....

Cant tell much about the defenders except Jens Nowotny is there, but so far he didnt play single game so dont know what to epect with this new defence. But should be far better with him...

Our coach was saying yesterday that the only club he would like to avoid is Arsenal. That we can play with every other club, even Liverpool.

Our weak points are that majority of our players is not very experienced, they are good but very young players. Our good points are attack and midfield, and weakeast point so far was defence (cant tell how will be now with Nowotny)...

Etoo :?:

and you are the croatian version of Arsenal :?:

Gary

Arsenal is 'powahful' team with classy players, but still, you never know, many big clubs fell on their knees @ Maksimir Park :)

But yes, advancing to the next round is kinda science fiction at the moment.

nidza7

Established Member
It`s pathetic to think that hostile stadium will be the difference between the two,it`s childish.

onechippy

zgfan said:
Our coach was saying yesterday that the only club he would like to avoid is Arsenal. That we can play with every other club, even Liverpool.

What's wrong with your coach man......? Doesn't he know that wishing something won't happen in football.........means it WILL!!!

zgfan

gunnerturk said:
I have known Vugrinec from the days he used to play for a turkish club, he was an average player has he improved that much?

Well, I can't compare him to level of your top players, but in our terms he was big plus to our team when we get him this summer. He have experience and he is playing quite good lately. So, he might be average player if you look trough the eye of Arsenal rooster, but I beleive there will be lots of clubs from the premiership (from the 10th place down) that would like to have him....

Gary

zgfan said:
Well, I can't compare him to level of your top players, but in our terms he was big plus to our team when we get him this summer. He have experience and he is playing quite good lately. So, he might be average player if you look trough the eye of Arsenal rooster, but I beleive there will be lots of clubs from the premiership (from the 10th place down) that would like to have him....

Etto, Da Silva, Modric... they are all too young and lack quality experience vs. such a club as Arsenal. They are like 20-22 years old, no?

zgfan

nidza7 said:
It`s pathetic to think that hostile stadium will be the difference between the two,it`s childish.

Well, might be, but there are few points why I think our team will make good 1st game in Zagreb.

1. They dont have nothing to loose
2. 40 000 very, very loud fans
3. Lack of few important Arsenal players
4. And I beleive lots of Arsenal players will think about the game the same like you Nidza7 so they want get into game 100% mentally ready

nidza7

Established Member
zgfan said:
nidza7 said:

Well, might be, but there are few points why I think our team will make good 1st game in Zagreb.

1. They dont have nothing to loose
2. 40 000 very, very loud fans
3. Lack of few important Arsenal players
4. And I beleive lots of Arsenal players will think about the game the same like you Nidza7 so they want get into game 100% mentally ready

1.fair enough

2.fair enough

3.well,that`s true.

4.How can you be sure that Dinamovci will be 100% ready in this early season.So it`s guessing.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
zgfan said:
BTW, what do you think is there going to be interested Arsenal fans to come on first game in Zagreb? Cause, by propositions you get like 7-10%, whats like 3500-4000 people. Or you will treat this game like already won, so noth worth comming?

Just curious to know what to expect....:)

We wont take anyhting like 4,000 people, 1000 tops I would have thought.

I would love to go to this game, but wont be able to make it.

This game is huge for us, and im sure our players wont be taking it as lightly as some fans.

Just imagine the reaction of Sp**s fans if we get knocked out.

zgfan

nidza7 said:
4.How can you be sure that Dinamovci will be 100% ready in this early season.So it`s guessing.

Well, they have started season much earlier... They have played 6-7 strong games in last month (Auxerre, Sahtjar....). And they are playing really well recently. And trust me, when you play aginst Arsenal you will give 130% of yourself.....

The_byrne

arsenal have massive experince of playing huge underdogs, both at home in europe. Wenger is not arrogant and neither is his team. We will be with jens for both legs and henry for the first (maybe he could come on). That is still a quality team. I would suggest 1-0 or 2-0 away and 3-1 and home.

Svetinja

I am supporter of FC Partizan, Belgrade, Serbia but in this match ill be with all my heart on Dinamo Zagreb side cause Partizan and Dinamo are connected on many ways, we played in same league almost 50 years, many players from Zagreb played in Partizan Bobek, Cajkovski, Curkovic... and finally in 1960s president of FC Partizan was Franjo Tudjman (ex president of Croatia)
I think itll be very hard game and i predict this score
Dinamo Zagreb - Arsenal:2:0
Arsenal - Dinamo:1:1

GL to all 8)
smil43f78246893e0.gif

Nitkov

Hi from Zagreb

It's nice to see previous topic deleted.

I need to say that Arsenal is surely one class above Dinamo, but everyone who thinks that Arsenal is already qualifiyed in CL is not soccer fan, and know little about soccer.

First leg will be played in Maximir stadium with 40 000 capacity. Stadium is in reconstuction. Yesterday pictures of stadiums new look is presented. You can see pictures here:
Code:
http://www.index.hr/clanak.aspx?id=323211

Nitkov

some fans are in good relationships with their. Celtic is Catolic club, and Croats is Catolics so this is conection.

I forget to tell you, watch the guy with number 7. He probably have place in every European team...belive me

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider
Top Bottom