• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Dinamo Zagreb vs Arsenal | 08/08/06

Gary

USArsenal said:
Svetinja said:
And one more thing, Dinamo has in history not so bad experience against teams from England
And Partizan also many times trashed teams from England, there is only few examples...

PARTIZAN - NEWCASTLE:0:1
NEWCASTLE - PARTIZAN:0:1
------------------------------------
NEWCASTLE - PARTIZAN:2:1
PARTIZAN - NEWCASTLE:1:0
-----------------------------------
QPR - PARTIZAN:6:2
PARTIZAN - QPR:4:0
------------------------------------

CMNON DINAMOOOOOOOOOOO

-----------------------------------------------------
wow, look at all those times Partizan won against an English club... looks to me the same amount of times that same English club beat them... and again, look at those teams... Newcastle and QPR?

and the large bold font is highly unnecessary, especially if you are going to spell "C'MON" wrong...

1998. Champions League:
Dinamo - Partizan 5:0

Sweet memories. :lol:

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Svetinja said:
I dont think that Newcastle was bad team, not at all, they were playing in CL, so thats mean they were one of the best team in England in that moment...

Do you think you are just possibly making a tiny little bit too much of a tie between a team we're not and a team you're not?

regele

Established Member
scarabej said:
I mean that it takes inteligence to learn about other players from seeing tham on videotape.......in few hours of watching.....

To know their "moves" and tricks they use......

Like when goalkeepers study the way some player shoot the penality kicks........

So our players are in advance couse they allready watched dozens of Arsenal games or other games with Arsenal players......they know their moves much better......they are all stupid on the same way.....but our guys already know stuff,and their guys have to learn..
Oh please, it's not the first neither the last time when they have to study an opponent based on video tapes, nor that Wenger will put them ahead of a screen, give them all their popcorn and say "enjoy the movie lads". The video analysis is just one of the ways they'll use, not the only one.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Dinamo fans.

Being serious, we went home and away against Madrid, Juve and Villarreal as well as the previous game against Ajax without conceding. We went nearly an hour with 10 men against Barcawithout them really making much in the wayof chances.

This is me being cocky - do you really think you can score against us where they couldn't?

zrzy

Exiled In Newcastle said:
Dinamo fans.

Being serious, we went home and away against Madrid, Juve and Villarreal as well as the previous game against Ajax without conceding. We went nearly an hour with 10 men against Barcawithout them really making much in the wayof chances.

This is me being cocky - do you really think you can score against us where they couldn't?

Yes. And we will.

scarabej

I Think hope is getting the best of you mate, if only it were that easy to close Henry don't you think all teams would do it?

ofcourse I'm subjective(what footbal fan isn't??)....:D

But as I said........if we make a brave game on Maksimir and managed a good defence an a positive result(WICH IS ANY KIND OF VICTORY).....

With your team who will play in very tricky situation without Henry and Lehman...and with lack of expirience in defensive part.......

Our chances are great.......and there is nothing to lose.(only a few milions of euros..:D )

But we will be happy with Uefa league,and a few more european games ....only its too bad that I think our club will sell most of best players afther this european presntation

That talk about players being stupid is just(how do I put it) plainley stupid, they might not be the smartest guys around, but they usually don't go to college, or follow superior studies, simply because they don't have the time to do both that and follow a football career and are faced with choosing one of those two at some point of their lives. Just look at Zidane, I can't be bothered to look for how many classes he's had, but if I remember correctly he quit school somewhere between 7th and 9th grade, yet you can't by no means call him an idiot who can't speak correctly or say that he lacks intelligence.

Zidane is Zidane.....and I didn't say that ALL of them are the same and stupid on the same way......but I still keep the stand that if we take a football players as a profesion.....they have one of the biggest procentage of stupid men..... :p

Svetinja

Dinamo fans.

2005/2006 results
Arsenal Eng - FC Thun Sui 2-1

Thats enough, iff Thun could score 1 , Dinamo could score at least 2 :D

CMON DINAMOOO
smil43f78246893e0.gif

gunnerturk

Has it ever occured to you that academic success and intelligence are not the same. You don't have to study in university to prove your intelligence. Look at Mozart, he was a genius in music, he wrote magnificient music when he was a little boy, that needs a high IQ. Same with Zidane, Bergkamp they are the footballing geniuses as their level of football needed high intelligence.

Gary

gunnerturk said:
Has it ever occured to you that academic success and intelligence are not the same. You don't have to study in university to prove your intelligence. Look at Mozart, he was a genius in music, he wrote magnificient music when he was a little boy, that needs a high IQ. Same with Zidane, Bergkamp they are the footballing geniuses as their level of football needed high intelligence.

Absolutely correct.

scarabej

Dinamo fans.

Look at it this way.......I am a real Arsenal fan......only scarves in my "big" collection are Dinamo,Arsenal and Wycombe wanderers......

I apsolutely think that Arsenal has the most atractive and modern kind of play in Europe ,and I also supported Arsenal i leagues Final against Barcelona who I also like couse of the atractive kind of play.......wich is the reason I don't like Chelsea or Liverpool ......they play hard on the bone.....and directly using force more than trick.....

BUT,when the "blue blood" goes trough your venes.......one hopes,and that is not a crime.....:p

You have lots of players who are tired from the World cup......you have lots of players missing ,injured or booked from the Maksimir game.......and we have a big hearts and strong will.......so our hope lays on the fact that if you underastimate us for a second......we will do anything to put you out of the competition.......simply as that......

In the middle of the season and with your full team.....you would eat us alive.....BUT....this is football.....

If the " David & Goliat" story wasn't so emotional.....it wouldn't be so inturesting and rememberd trough the ages....:p

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
scarabej said:

Look at it this way.......I am a real Arsenal fan......only scarves in my "big" collection are Dinamo,Arsenal and Wycombe wanderers......

Wycombe? Now that's a bit obscure. How did you get that?

(I lived in Wycombe for 20-odd years so I must admit to a soft spot for 'The Chairboys')

Gary

Too bad we couldn't keep Biscan and Mark Viduka and many good players in the past. We had the same problem as in scottish league. Good players tend to leave to bigger clubs. Not this time though, Dinamo got really ambitious this season.

scarabej

gunnerturk said:

Intelligence is an all other topic,and I see now that I was misunderstud......you got me all wrong.......

I meant on the capability to learn about players you never saw in your life,how to stop them and what kind of dribllings and trick do they use.........not on their football skills.........
There is a whole different kind of intaligence for playing football,to sence the ball and movement with it,and to feel the game and the field...

Your ex-player davor Šuker was the eksample of that teory.........he was genius on the field....allways on the right place to score....but very naive and stupid person......

It's pretty logical that all the Arsenal players know how to play football....couse they won't be in the club who takes only the best from other nations or from England......

Gary

scarabej said:
Your ex-player davor Šuker was the eksample of that teory.........he was genius on the field....allways on the right place to score....but very naive and stupid person......

Now really what's your point? Suker runs international football school and he's successful in few businesses nowadays, he was a "golden boot" in France 98' and very intelligent player overall. Now you call him "very naive and stupid person". I would rather question your reasoning and sense of reality. :roll:

dynamo cant possess anything that other teams in our EPL have. Bolton and Blackburn have made their living by playing physically, and although bolton are our bogey team we always seem to be incredibly unlucky against them, also over the two legs there won't be TWO freak results, im confident arsenal will progress.

scarabej

scarabej said:

Wycombe? Now that's a bit obscure. How did you get that?

(I lived in Wycombe for 20-odd years so I must admit to a soft spot for 'The Chairboys')

Well......:D :D

I bought it from a gipsy on the streat in Zagreb......he did'nt tell me where he got it (it was "hot" I think).....

He had a blanket on the sidewalk and I saw the blue scarf with "W" in the name......i thought it was Wisla or Wigan......

And he sold me a scarf for 25 kunas(around 4 euros)......it had a ticket "made in england" and "100% cotton"......It was NEW,even smelled nice...:D!!...

I think there is not ONE like that in whole Croatia......now I ware it ON Dinamo games...:D...couse I like your lower-league football......i bet often on it........

scarabej

Now really what's your point? Suker runs international football school and he's successful in few businesses nowadays, he was a "golden boot" in France 98' and very intelligent player overall. Now you call him "very naive and stupid person". I would rather question your reasoning and sense of reality. :roll

I happen to know the guy in person.......and we have a lots of mutual friends......

His "football scholl" is a big crap for rich kids with no talent to get his autogram on their balls.....somthing like that idiotic "summer camps" in america......

And the whole idea is on thin legs,he didn't made any profit there.....

And I know dozens of anegdotes about his stupidity but that dosn't matter couse I came here to discuss with english fans.....not with croatian "succer-ups"...:p

Živio rođo...;)

Gary

scarabej said:
Now really what's your point? Suker runs international football school and he's successful in few businesses nowadays, he was a "golden boot" in France 98' and very intelligent player overall. Now you call him "very naive and stupid person". I would rather question your reasoning and sense of reality. :roll

I happen to know the guy in person.......and we have a lots of mutual friends......

His "football scholl" is a big crap for rich kids with no talent to get his autogram on their balls.....somthing like that idiotic "summer camps" in america......

And the whole idea is on thin legs,he didn't made any profit there.....

And I know dozens of anegdotes about his stupidity but that dosn't matter couse I came here to discuss with english fans.....not with croatian "succer-ups"...:p

Živio rođo...;)

Oh well, nobody's perfect. :wink: ... my father is from Oldbury near Birmingham and mother from Zagreb. I live in Zagreb so i guess i'm Croatian with English heart. ;)

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom