• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Dinamo Zagreb vs Arsenal | 08/08/06

First of all, I want to say hello to all members.

Nothing is impossible in football. This is a hard time for Croatian football. :( Our national team discrased the nation in Germany, Rijeka lost to Omonia, and Varteks was trashed by some Albanians. :cry:

And Dinamo's dream in last years was to play in Champions League.
In that 90 minutes at Maksimir... we must defend Croatian honour. We must fulfill (?) a dream. We must win against Arsenal.

Welcome to the blue hell

Gary

proudtobecroat1992 said:
First of all, I want to say hello to all members.

Nothing is impossible in football. This is a hard time for Croatian football. :( Our national team discrased the nation in Germany, Rijeka lost to Omonia, and Varteks was trashed by some Albanians. :cry:

And Dinamo's dream in last years was to play in Champions League.
In that 90 minutes at Maksimir... we must defend Croatian honour. We must fulfill (?) a dream. We must win against Arsenal.

Welcome to the blue hell

Aren't you a bit too dramatic, perhaps?

choi12911

Ok. I looked at the tie and we are playing our first match at their stadium on either Aug. 8th or 9th. With the exception of Henry and Cole who I think are nowhere near match-fit, we should see most of our first team players as this is a must-win situation. The first game can be quite tricky as this is our first away game this season (apart from pre-season matches, of course) and we are playing far far away from home where we won't have many away supporters.

The line-up I'd like to see is

-------------------------Lehmann------------------------

Eboue-------Toure---------Djourou---------Clichy (Flamini if Clichy's not fit)

Hleb----------Gilberto---------Cesc--------Reyes (or Rosicky)

-------------------RVP-------------Adebayor---------------

Subs: Almunia, Cygan, Song, Walcott, Bendtner

We should at least get a draw. Scoring an away goal would be a huge advantage....

bbb_pesca

well pride can do anything.....and arogance too...

and i can see many arogant people here, saying...we'll walk trought zagreb and dust you off from london...

well...dream on.......

i admire arsenal...and i love the football you are playing....

but few years ago...if there wans stupid judge we would bet newcastle in their glory days....

we played great against ManU...even we were huge underdogs...

so gentleman...please....be welcome to think about us like some liliputans who dont know how to play football...

but i can ensure you....Dinamo is maybe small club in your eyes....he might have young players...but..Arsenal is a big goal...and if we go trough that young players we'll be HEROES....

so...we'll just have to wait and see...

and you are all inviteded to join us in BLUE HELL!

maybe you have money, and you have some skills...

but we have skills too...and our Pride and our HEART is lot bigger than yours!

gunnerturk

bbb_pesca said:
well pride can do anything.....and arogance too...

and i can see many arogant people here, saying...we'll walk trought zagreb and dust you off from london...

well...dream on.......

i admire arsenal...and i love the football you are playing....

but few years ago...if there wans stupid judge we would bet newcastle in their glory days....

we played great against ManU...even we were huge underdogs...

so gentleman...please....be welcome to think about us like some liliputans who dont know how to play football...

but i can ensure you....Dinamo is maybe small club in your eyes....he might have young players...but..Arsenal is a big goal...and if we go trough that young players we'll be HEROES....

so...we'll just have to wait and see...

and you are all inviteded to join us in BLUE HELL!

maybe you have money, and you have some skills...

but we have skills too...and our Pride and our HEART is lot bigger than yours!
You are not going to score a single goal against us that is the bottom line. It will be a walk in the park.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
don't be silly pesca, you croats should stop talking about an incident which happened 6/7 years ago in Manchester.

i know you hate to see people seeing you club as a tiny puny club. but the fact that it is one.

arsenal is a club you can say alot bigger than yours. your dream is to enter CL and our dream is to win it. see the diff?

pride and heart is often not enough in sports especially soccer.

imagine this, a full of pride luton city aiming to beat a half full team milan.

bbb_pesca

arsenal_hleb said:
don't be silly pesca, you croats should stop talking about an incident which happened 6/7 years ago in Manchester.

i know you hate to see people seeing you club as a tiny puny club. but the fact that it is one.

arsenal is a club you can say alot bigger than yours. your dream is to enter CL and our dream is to win it. see the diff?

well....you english dont know whot to play when you have to buy eleven people from all over the world to make something in europe...

well just have to wait and see.....

and last year you have lots of luck....and luck escaped in final against mighty barcelona and they put you where you belong....on that tiny island of yours !

and we'll see what your almighty henry will be able to do alone...case he is only part of your team who worth something....

but WC showed up that he cant do anything alone...

scarabej

We are well aware that you think that our club is small and weak,.......and that's something that is pretty logical......

I'm personaly just hoping that you will beat us "fare & sqare"...IF you beat us........:p

Mostly I'm afraid of referee's and their favorizing teams with bigger rating......like thay f(u)cked us up against Newcastle......or like thay trashed Ivory Coast on the World cup......

Our motivation,and your arogance just guarantee us a great 2 games and lots of adrenalin & strong emotions mixed with beer and good company of friends.......

bbb_pesca

you are not godgiven....you are not ubermensch.....and the ball is round....

so in last five years we have seen lots of underdogs thet have beaten great and glory clubs...

but that kind of arogancy is tippical for you englishman...

and the question of PRIDE & HEART...well i'll remind you of little Ireland full of pride and heart...and it seems to me that you have broken your bones there...

thats why i love them...and you are not so favourite nation for me :)

gunnerturk

bbb_pesca said:
arsenal_hleb said:

well....you english dont know whot to play when you have to buy eleven people from all over the world to make something in europe...

well just have to wait and see.....

and last year you have lots of luck....and luck escaped in final against mighty barcelona and they put you where you belong....on that tiny island of yours !

and we'll see what your almighty henry will be able to do alone...case he is only part of your team who worth something....

but WC showed up that he cant do anything alone...
That is rich, since you have only Etto who is worthy enough to play for bolton.
P.S. Britain is the largest island of europe and still bigger than croatia.

gunnerturk

bbb_pesca said:
gunnerturk said:
You are not going to score a single goal against us that is the bottom line. It will be a walk in the park.

hehe...put your money where your mouth is and shut up ;)
That is a deal.For every goal you score against us I shall donate $50 to Arsenal-Mania. Will you do the same since you are one of the members? :lol:

athreya74

choi12911 said:
Ok. I looked at the tie and we are playing our first match at their stadium on either Aug. 8th or 9th. With the exception of Henry and Cole who I think are nowhere near match-fit, we should see most of our first team players as this is a must-win situation. The first game can be quite tricky as this is our first away game this season (apart from pre-season matches, of course) and we are playing far far away from home where we won't have many away supporters.

The line-up I'd like to see is

-------------------------Lehmann------------------------

Eboue-------Toure---------Djourou---------Clichy (Flamini if Clichy's not fit)

Hleb----------Gilberto---------Cesc--------Reyes (or Rosicky)

-------------------RVP-------------Adebayor---------------

Subs: Almunia, Cygan, Song, Walcott, Bendtner

We should at least get a draw. Scoring an away goal would be a huge advantage....

I feel pretty confident with that line up. There are a few guys out there who have something to prove in the early matches. RvP and Ade should be playing for the right to partner Titi. Clichy would be desperate to prove that he is the automatic successor to Cashley now that Traore has served notice. Rosicky of course would be keen to make a mark. Djourou will be dying to tell Arsène that there is no need to buy another CB. All in all I think there will be enough players with fire in the belly even though it is the first comp game for us.

Having sounded optimistic I must point out the downside also. One is I am sure Djourou won't play and Cygan will feature. :( Also without Titi and not having reinforced our midfield, Arsène may again opt for 4-5-1 for the CL away legs. That will be cruel on either of Ade/RvP but the silver lining is Cesc and Rosicky may play together in the middle. Finally is Lehmann playing? His red card with Barca would mean automatic suspension for the first leg right?

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i think the Dinamo fans seems to be over-estimating their overall chances a bit.. i have said this earlier in the thread, i could see a draw in Zagreb.. it would be a good result from the Croats.. but that is about as far as you will get.. you will have to remember, for the return leg, it will be the first "compeitive" match at Emirates, and i can't see you pulling off some famous victory there...especially if our regulars are back by then...

and i really wish you guys would stop talking about Newcastle.. that is Newcastle, we are Arsenal, see the difference?

and no offence, but you say your pride and heart are bigger than ours. what makes you think so? just beacuse you are from Croatia?

Arsenal_FAN1983

How ironic how we getting so many of you Dinamo fans on here....tell me something when we beat you, will you still be coming on here?

Gary

Arsenal_FAN1983 said:
How ironic how we getting some many of you Dinamo fans....tell me something when we beat you, will you still be coming on here?

I will. Great forum.

Novi Zagreb

USArsenal said:
and no offence, but you say your pride and heart are bigger than ours. what makes you think so? just beacuse you are from Croatia?

Well , ever seen a country with just little over 4 million people winning 3rd place on FIFA World Cup, silver & bronze medalist on Olympic Games and WC in basketball and world and twice olympic champion in handball? These are just some figures (there's more ;))

:wink:

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom