• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Real Madrid vs Arsenal/AFC vs RM | 21/02/06 & 08/03/06

Gurgen

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
I think it will be very difficult to keep it close in Spain. I really do.

If we defend well we can easily knock two or more past them. Everyone is talking about Real 'improving' so much in the meantime, but I ask how? Every quality player they will go for is cup tied. They don't have a decent defensive midfielder and they have one, yes one good defender. This is the draw of a lifetime tbh, we get a good shot at beating what is to many the greatest club ever. It's time to stand up and be counted.
I just hope Wenger won't go on the defensive in Spain, like he does every year at Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge.

qs

Established Member
Gurgen, theyve quality players already and managers dont suffer from being cup tied.

Gurgen

Established Member
qs said:
Gurgen, theyve quality players already and managers dont suffer from being cup tied.

I'll keep saying it, one good defender. Who has a pretty good chance of getting injured :lol: Ramos and Carlos are an open house.

phenn

Quoting Real Madrid's VP:

"Arsenal have a more defensive mentality, but we are going to enjoy the games."

what?

I guess maybe compared to Madrid we do but we just got called a defensive team. Wow.

Viper

Established Member
Nope the Madrid VP actually said:
"I'm sure our fans are going to enjoy the games because Arsenal have an offensive mentality and so do we.

Rohit

Established Member
I have watched a lot of La Liga this season and in particular Madrid and Barcelona because these two teams are televised most in this part of the world.People here think Pires is past it,trust me Zidane is no better if not worse.
Ronaldo is not the same player he was,its been a long time since a saw an individual masterclass from him ( may be Old Trafford the last ).When the team plays well and he gets the right balls he scores,he does'nt make goals for himself anymore like Henry does.
Raul is one player I fear but he is out for the season it seems.Even his World Cup availability is a doubt.
If our defense can curb Cristiano Ronaldo then surely we can curb Robinhio.
As some one pointed out the only player we need to fear indeed is Beckham.His pin point accurate crosses will be a danger especially with our awful defending of crosses.
Theres no need to analyse their defense.It's our biggest chance to knock out a traditionally "top european powerhouse".
I don't know why but I am more excited about this game than the one on Sunday.
Buy Wenger buy !!!!!!!!

IBL

Established Member
I heard/read somewhere that Reyes gave Real a really hard time when he played for Sevilla some seaons ago, so they will be weary of him and I think Reyes can definitely get the better of Ramos, less-so against Salgado who is a decent fullback. Carlos spends most of his time attacking so there'll be plenty of space to exploit there. They have a very soft central defensive pairing so I'd expect us to have Henry and RvP both playing through the centre a lot. Their strongest defender is Casillas, if he plays well then we might struggle to score.

We need to be weary of Beckhams, he'll be well up for the match and those whipped balls into the box from the flanks will be a worry for us.

Arsenal_Soldier

Yeeeeeeeeeeees! ;D great great draw

Should top the barca-chelsea match if both teams show up, hope fully reyes can aid us in destroying them 4-1 or sumthing like he did with sevilla.

can we beat them without buying in january?

Arsenal_Soldier

James said:
I reckon there's a very good chance i could be going to the both legs.

Fantastic draw!

:evil: you lucky lucky man, enjoy it man, especially the one at highbury, possibly the biggest game the stadium has ever witnessed

Going to miss highbury :cry:

Canuck

Established Member
I'm well pleased with this. Nice not to draw an Italian or German team early.
Yes, Arsenal-Madrid will do nicely. Should be no problem for our lads to get charged up for this one.

gun4glory

****ing amazing!
This is great because a lot of my friends are madrid fans because 'they have the best players'... lol... ingnorance is pathetic....

Flights booked - Madrid here I come! £47

Tottenham watching Eastenders!

:cry: Lucky bastard, oh what i'd do to get a chance to be at highbury for that game...
OH and wtf? tottenham wont be watching eastenders, they'll be watching us beat the **** outta real madrid while still thinking they are the "Top North London club" HAHAHA!!!

Quoting Real Madrid's VP:

"Arsenal have a more defensive mentality, but we are going to enjoy the games."

what?

I guess maybe compared to Madrid we do but we just got called a defensive team. Wow.

Well Madrid's idea of a 'defensive team' is one that actually has more that one defender :lol: :wink:

About them strengtening, well WTF!! how much more can they strengthen ffs!

My preferred line up:

JK, its too early i know, maybe next week :D :D

p.s. noone metion form because thats irrelevant as the games are 2 months away...

nazo

Established Member
amazing draw
im soo excited for this one
i dont care if we lose at bernabeu(sp?) but im sure we will beat them at highbury
so if we lose like 1-0 away and win 2-0 home im good with that

and again what a draw

other interesting draws are: munich vs acmilan, chelsea vs barca
weakest draw in my opinion: villareal vs rangers(how worse can it get?)

JazzG

Established Member
Finally after all these years we get R.Madrid, can't wait for this match 8)

Oh and Thierry Henry, this is your chance to shine. This is his moment and if he performs we will go through and he will get the chance to bury this European bottler tag thrown at him.

nazo

Established Member
the most thing i like about this match is the weakness in their defense, rvp and henry get your motors ready to score

nazo

Established Member
we have weaknesses but if we are capable of beating chelsea in the next match then im 99.999% sure we can beat real, the other 0.1% is injuries
btw by the time we play with real, cole will be back and hopefully our team will be full power :p

barapapapa im lovin it :p

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom