• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Rosenborg vs Arsenal | 29/09/04

KingReyes

Established Member
With Gilberto ruled out for a month it looks like Edu will once again play alongside Vieira in midfield, Wenger has also said that he expects Pires to play tomorrow from the article on arsenal.com

Therefore I think our lineup is pretty much a predictable one,

Jens

Lauren Kolo Sol Cole

Ljungberg Vieira Edu Pires

Henry Reyes

Subs: Almunia,Cygan,Clichy, Pennant,Cesc,Flamini,RVP

I expect Cesc and RVP to make appearances during the match however I can't see Wenger making early changes unless it absolutely necessary.

Definately a tough match but I think we'll manage a 2-1 win.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Ahh. Oh well at least Pires is back. Don't get me wrong, but I was hoping Pires was injured so we could see a bit more of RvP. That isn't being selfish is it?

juz7_pi12es

*Loyan* said:
Ahh. Oh well at least Pires is back. Don't get me wrong, but I was hoping Pires was injured so we could see a bit more of RvP. That isn't being selfish is it?
what? let's hope lehmann injured too so we can see a bit more of almunia. let's hope henry injured too so we can see a bit more of lupoli.
let's hope everybody injured so we can see LOYAN.

the point is why u wanted pires to be injured? what if RVP doesnt perform? you would want pires to be fit then?

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
loooooooooooool. That's not what I meant. Pires was already injured and the injury was short term so I was sort of hoping it lasted for another day maybe. And considering our opponents, and not being arrogant here, while not being the strongest opposition we will face, they would be perfect for RvP to get his full debut.

juz7_pi12es

hehe. ok 8) chill Loyan. i was just a bit dissapointed when people talk about our player especially pires like that! hope we'll win BIG. and me too, hope RVP will have a great CL debut.

sabret00the

Established Member
*Loyan* said:
loooooooooooool. That's not what I meant. Pires was already injured and the injury was short term so I was sort of hoping it lasted for another day maybe. And considering our opponents, and not being arrogant here, while not being the strongest opposition we will face, they would be perfect for RvP to get his full debut.
me too to be honest i would've must prefererred

-------------- lehmann
lauren --- Toure --- Sol --- Cole
Freddie -- Cesc -- Vieira -- Reyes
------ van Persie -- Henry

quattro

if pires is up for it he will play. this the CL after all and at this point in the competition we need all the points we can get and he STILL is one of our best players. we SHOULD beat rosenborg handily but as i look to the stats posted by the visiting rosenborg fan here about their home record against some pretty good sides, it is quite impressive. im sure they wont be taken lightly, bad pitch conditions (hopefully not that bad) and all.

clean sheet, away win. come on you arsenal!

Soler

Established Member
Well ... it's not a given that van Persie will play as a striker. Freddie can easily move to the left, Reyes plays up front and Pennant plays on the right wing instead of Freddie. So:

Lehmann
Lauren Toure Campbell Cole
Pennant Vieira Edu Freddie
Reyes Henry

SUBS: Almunia Cygan Clichy Cesc van Persie Hoyte Pires

patrick42uk

Established Member
if pires doesnt make it, i think wenger will play edu on the left and play cesc in the middle. if pires is fit, the team is obvious.

7CHP

I dont see Cesc start against such a tenacious midfield (although he did start against Gravesen). The key man for Rosenborg today is Ørjan Berg, the 36 year old holding midfielder. If he plays, he and centreback Erik Hoftun will probably close the gap between midfield three and the back four of Rosenborg. I also presume either Solli or Strand to watch Ljungberg on his rightside, and both are able to run almost as much as Fred.

It is going to be a very tight game, and anyone knowing how Rosenborg plays knows this will be not be easy, and I presume both managers will actually be quite happy with 0-0!

Possible Rosenborg lineup (4-3-3)
E. Johnsen
Russel - Hoftun - Riseth - Dorsin
Solli - Berg - Strand
Braathen - F. Johnsen - Storflor

The midfield motor, Berg, is said to have a huge ancle problem, but is vital for Rosenborg tonight, he will have an extremely late fitnesstest.
The goalie has tremendous reactions, the centrebacks have all the experience and dirty tricks there is, the sidebacks are both quite new (I believe Russel will have a torrid time against Reyes, Henry and Pires!). The midfield is very solid, but are hampered with injuries. Braathen is a wonderkid with the pace, touch and grace of Henry!!! (Anyone played CM should know him well!) Storflor is a mediocre player with ridiculous pace (he criticised Lehmann in Norwegian papers today!) and striker Johnsen was almost on his way to Crystal Palace before the transferwindow closed, but they could not afford him. He is one of top five (!!!) headers in the business! (No ****!)

I predict 0-0.

--- Ashburton Grove is going to be our new home. ---

Gunner4life09

I think the most likely line up would be . . .

Lehman

Lauren . . Kolo . . . Sol . . Cole

Freddie . Viera . Edu/Cesc . Pires

Henry . . . . Reyes

i would like to see Cesc start but Edu is fine with me, Although i do want to see RVP play but i think having Pires start is a bit saffer, although he's not really played that well in his late game hopefully his has rested well recovering from injury and comes back with a bang. if we go up more than 2-0, i think maybe RVP should be introduced.

kanuuu

Established Member
I would love it if we gave them a spanking just to shut up those stupid cocky Mancs after last night.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation

Latest posts

Top Bottom