• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Rosenborg vs Arsenal | 29/09/04

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
if Rosenborg pack the middle, it will be a low scoreline.. 1-0 or 2-0 maybe... if they give us space to run and rely on their backs, it will be 4-0

Gunner Ossie

When Arsenal's group rivals became known everyone was saying our group was easy and we would qualify easily.

Its just funny how so many people are now predicting a 0-0 draw or 2-1 victory?

If we cant even beat CL minos like rosenborg why are people expecting to win the competition with far harder teams still in it?

7CHP

Gunner Ossie said:
...CL minos like rosenborg...

If Rosenborg is a CL minos, then what is Arsenal?

This is the most of the games played at Lerkendal the last 8 years Rosenborgs score first, as you can see 17 wins, 10 draws and 6 losses...

Brondby 1-0
Inter 2-2
Ajax 0-0
Lyon 1-1
Inter Bratislava 4-0
Porto 1-2
Juventus 1-1
Celtic 2-0
PSG 3-1
Helsingborg 6-1
Bayern Munich 1-1
Feyenoord 2-2
Dortmund (With Jens Lehmann) 2-2 (Rosenborg won 3-0 away!)
Bayern Munich 1-1
Dynamo Kiev 1-2
Real Madrid 0-1
Bruges 2-0
Juventus 1-1
Galatasaray 3-0
Athletic Bilbao 2-1
MTK Hungaria 3-1
Olympiakos 5-1
Porto 2-0
Real Madrid 2-0
Panathinaikos 3-0
AC Milan 1-4
Porto 0-1
IFK Gothenburg 1-0
Juventus 1-1
Besiktas 3-0
Blackburn 2-1
Spartak Moscow 2-4
Legia Warsaw 4-0

Name the teams who has qualified for more consecutive CL's than Rosenborg?

On the paper, player for player, this is an easy 0-11 game, but since when was football played on the paper?

I hope I'm wrong, ofcourse, but this is not an easy task, as both Henry, Wenger and Ljungberg have stressed!!!

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
7CHP said:
Gunner Ossie said:
...CL minos like rosenborg...

If Rosenborg is a CL minos, then what is Arsenal?

not minnows... we are one of the favourites for the competition... to that end, we SHOULD be able to beat a team like Rosenborg, home OR away... i know your from Norway and all, but lets face the real fact that if Arsenal do not win this match (regardless of Rosenborg's home record), it will be seen as a huge disappointment....

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Inter 2-2
Juventus 1-1
Bayern Munich 1-1
Bayern Munich 1-1
Real Madrid 0-1
Juventus 1-1
Real Madrid 2-0
AC Milan 1-4
Juventus 1-1

look at those teams they have played who are truly considered "big" teams.. their record is a little different...

1 Win
6 draws
2 losses

throwing in teams like Helsingborg, Bruges, Gothernborg, Hungaria, etc makes their record LOOK a little better, but the fact is, when faced with REAL strong competition, they are not as strong as it is made out to seem...

granted, holding teams like Inter, Juve, Munich and Real to draws (or losses) is an impressive feat, but they arent the "all-conquering" team at home that they are made out to be....

7CHP

The fact that I'm from Norway does only make me aware of the football Rosenborg are capable of. Do not get me wrong, I HATE ROSENBORG, but I am smart enough to see that they are actually capable of playing at a high level.

Arsenal being able to win the CL (and being bookies fav.) does not change the outcome of one, single awaygame in the groupstages. If the teams met in the final, or in a league game (on neutral ground), this would have been an easy victory, but after seeing the list of 33 games I posted, don't you just get a little more respect for a team that has played (I think) 8 out of the 9 last CL's?

I hope Arsenal win, and my gutfeeling says so too, three nil, I've worn my Arsenalshirt and taken a lot of crap at work today, but nothing changes the fact that Rosenborg in a matchday 2 game at Lerkendal IS a steep task!

7CHP

I'm not saying all conquering, just up to the game as a ferrit with rabies! (and they look like that as well!)

Hehe, Rosenborg are sort of arch-rival to my SK Brann. (We won the league in 1963!!! :)

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Haha. Thanks 7CHP. Hopefully we will thrash them and you can brag to their fans about how your team in Norway is better.

kel varnsen

Established Member
USArsenal said:
oh, and 7CHP, good to see an Gooner in Norway rooting against a Norweigan team!! cheers mate!

why the fudge should norwegian gooners support rbk? that is, unless they're from trondheim(or trøndelag). i'm norwegian and i fu**ing hate rbk...

kel varnsen

Established Member
*Loyan* said:
Haha. Thanks 7CHP. Hopefully we will thrash them and you can brag to their fans about how your team in Norway is better.

it isnt; brann, which is his team, pretty much su**. and next sunday they visit my team tromso. ah, i'm looking forward to giving them a real hammering! :wink:

but now, it's the arsenal! i think it'll be a tough game, but arsenal will win it 2-0.

orion

Well we're up against a team that has pleanty of experience and will be desperate to do well against us so we must be prepeared for a very tough and challenging tie. I really hope there will not be any ugly scenes caused by them trying to over do it.
It certainly is good to have Cambell back from injury as his presence should calm us at the back as they will certainly try to put pressure on us through set pieces and crosses from the flanks; hopefully Ash and Lauren will receive backing from the wingers and Lehman keeps his calm as I could imagine them trying their best to block and harass him in the box.
Our passing has really not been as efficient and deadly as it was at the start of the season and we must try to do better in that department in order to get our attack going and also retain possession, leaving them to chase the ball instead.
A draw would really be a good enough result for me and would leave us in a healty position, but we must not become too careful and should try to maintain our rhythm and get Henry and Reyes going against their defence with bullet fast counters as that's where they will be most vulnerable at.

Hopefully we'll have something to take home to from the match.
Ljungberg to score on this one!

Good Luck Gunners!!!

A

Anonymous

line up:

ARSENAL
Jens Lehmann
Ashley Cole
Kolo Toure
Sol Campbell
Lauren
Freddie Ljungberg
Edu
Patrick Vieira
Robert Pires
Jose Reyes
Thierry Henry

SUBS
Manuel Almunia
Robin Van Persie
Cesc Fabregas
Mathieu Flamini
Pascal Cygan
Jermaine Pennant
Gael Clichy

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom