• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Thun vs Arsenal | 22/11/05

kel varnsen

Established Member
quincy42 said:
I love Reyes to bits and admire his hard work particulary in the early part of the season. But something tells me we might be better off cashing in on this kid and using that money towards strengthening our club elsewhere. I just don't feel that you can teach a footballer communication and anticipation. He completely lacks these abilities.

i just don't get you people. as soon as reyes has an average match, we need to sell him. even though he has been arguably our best player this season. all this while players like freddie, pires, gilberto, van persie, sol, cole etc etc can be sh*te for months without getting any stick at all(almost anyway). if reyes had been as lousy as freddie last night, the anti-reyes gang would have been all over this forum...

the way some of you describe reyes as a footballer, makes me think you have no idea what you're talking about. if you can't see the crazy potential reyes has, maybe football isn't your sport. he is a very rare combination of skill, pace, vision, grit and stamina. he has the raw abilities of no other footballer in the premiership. he can track back 50 yards to help out our defense, he can pass the ball 60 yards right onto henry's foot and he can dribble/run past 2-3 defenders.

mariaines

i feel that if reyes were french, pires wouldn't be playing in the 1st squad anymore.. he's awesome, indeed, but why was he trying to keep the ball so much for him yesterday? he didn't pass it too much when thierry or Freddie were well located and unmarked.. it happened quite a few times and let me worried.. this should change because i think, even tho i know he's a great player, he doesn't have an special ability (or hasn't showed it recently) to protect the ball so when he kepts it for himself he loses it pretty much all the times.. my opinion anyway..

sabret00the

Established Member
ccc said:
invisibleman18 said:
and i dont think it was really a penalty. bit suprising pires got to take it after missing his last 2 (well missing 1 and buggering up that other with henry), thought it should have been van persie.

I simply don't understand why you guys complaint on pires' penalty even if he scored. he missed only 2 penalty for arsenal including the 2nd in city game which TT should take part of responsiblity for that .
Pires doesn't deserve to take penalties at the moment, that's my problem, mediocre performances, penalties in my opinion should be able making sure someone who deserves a goal gets a goal, not about making someone who was overshite (all season) get the statistics for people to be able to talk **** about why he deserves to stay here.

kel varnsen said:
quincy42 said:
I love Reyes to bits and admire his hard work particulary in the early part of the season. But something tells me we might be better off cashing in on this kid and using that money towards strengthening our club elsewhere. I just don't feel that you can teach a footballer communication and anticipation. He completely lacks these abilities.

i just don't get you people. as soon as reyes has an average match, we need to sell him. even though he has been arguably our best player this season. all this while players like freddie, pires, gilberto, van persie, sol, cole etc etc can be sh*te for months without getting any stick at all(almost anyway). if reyes had been as lousy as freddie last night, the anti-reyes gang would have been all over this forum...

the way some of you describe reyes as a footballer, makes me think you have no idea what you're talking about. if you can't see the crazy potential reyes has, maybe football isn't your sport. he is a very rare combination of skill, pace, vision, grit and stamina. he has the raw abilities of no other footballer in the premiership. he can track back 50 yards to help out our defense, he can pass the ball 60 yards right onto henry's foot and he can dribble/run past 2-3 defenders.
why you getting heated up you mad man, if you can't see with your own eyes that he's talking absolute ****e theirs a problem, we both know that Reyes had a decent game, he tried a few things, cut down some of the sitting on the ball and provided up with positive passes, he sprayed the ball across the field and his passing was nothing short of immense, not only that he was tracking back like a trooper. stupid posts do not warrant replies or your blood pressure being raised.

yoinkster

the reason pires took the penalty was a confidence thing, RVP is already full of confidence and doesn't need an easy goal to get going, pires on the other hand is due a good half a season and reminding himself he can still score might get him playing better than he has so far.

Killer7

kel varnsen said:
quincy42 said:

Madness innit?

Reyes was, IMO, far and away the best midfield player on the pitch yesterday; along with VP the best player outside of the back 4.

Sell him?!

STOOOOPIIIDD!

Where's Khaoz anyway? Peasant indeed.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
quincy42 said:

even though he has been arguably our best player this season.

Total, utter ****e.

When, just when is Reyes actually going to live up to this hype?

kel varnsen

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
kel varnsen said:
quincy42 said:

Total, utter s***e.

he already has. not his fault you're blind and/or clueless.

however, he hasn't been outstanding this year. he has played well, but he has been our best player because most of the rest of our players have been so very poor/average...

Killer7

RockyRocastle said:
kel varnsen said:
quincy42 said:

Total, utter s***e.

Bollocks, look at last night.

Along with 1 Flamini, 1 Freddie and 1 Cesc pass Reyes provided Arsenals most cutting balls for most of the night where the midfield were involved; along with actually working to win the ball back what else do you want?! One or two goals from him, yes, but they'll come (back).....

RockyRocastle

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
RockyRocastle said:
kel varnsen said:
quincy42 said:

Total, utter s***e.

however, he hasn't been outstanding this year. he has played well, but he has been our best player because most of the rest of our players have been so very poor/average...

Jens, Ralph, Kolo, Van Persie, Henry have been far superior and far more consistent than Reyes.

Game after game passes him by with him contributing little to nothing.

To say he has been our best player this season is total lunacy. It is just wrong.

Oh, but he does run around a lot :roll:

RockyRocastle

Established Member
Killer7 said:
RockyRocastle said:
kel varnsen said:
quincy42 said:

Total, utter s***e.

Bollocks, look at last night.

Along with 1 Flamini, 1 Freddie and 1 Cesc pass Reyes provided Arsenals most cutting balls for most of the night where the midfield were involved; along with actually working to win the ball back what else do you want?! One or two goals from him, yes, but they'll come (back).....

Why does Reyes attract all these little numpty groupies?

Last night summed him up - what did he actually do?????

RockyRocastle

Established Member
Killer7 said:
RockyRocastle said:

Go download the game and rewatch it.

I'd rather not thanks, it was terrible.

Reyes had an average game, as he has been all season.

A

Anonymous

Reyes stayed out wide creating space for Henry and van Persie, his distribuion was good so get off his back.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
Highly Fabregas said:
Reyes stayed out wide creating space for Henry and van Persie, his distribuion was good so get off his back.

Well, there it is then.

That alone justifies spending 20million quid on him.

sabret00the

Established Member
yoinkster said:
the reason pires took the penalty was a confidence thing, RVP is already full of confidence and doesn't need an easy goal to get going, pires on the other hand is due a good half a season and reminding himself he can still score might get him playing better than he has so far.
if he was a striker i'd be inclined to agree but he's not and was honestly just one again the beneficiary of being on of Wengers favourites. he doesn't deserve to be ahead of a striker in the penalty listings, no way, no how.

RockyRocastle said:
Highly Fabregas said:

Well, there it is then.

That alone justifies spending 20million quid on him.
12 million and you got this one very wrong rocky, the guy wasn't one of the better players last night but he done more than ok. and he has been our best player thus far this season.

Killer7

RockyRocastle said:
Killer7 said:
RockyRocastle said:

Go download the game and rewatch it.

I'd rather not thanks, it was terrible.

Reyes had an average game, as he has been all season.

Okay, let's have a look at what he was involved with, of note, in the first half. This is all on top of his defensive duties that I think he coped rather well with:

5th minute - lovely ball to Henry. Does nothing with it.
9th minute - inch perfect 40 metre ball to an onside Van P. Ruled offside.
12th minute - brilliant one touch clear goal scoring op pass to Henry. Does nothing with it.
15th minute - dribbles past two in the midfield. Gets fouled.
17th minute - another (almost) inch perfect cross field ball to the edge of the box.
19th minute - quickly taken free kick to put Van P in. Shot saved

In fact, I can't be bothered to go on.

Now I make that a goal threatening opportunity every few minutes just from the first 20. Not bad.

If you can't see it then bully for you.

kel varnsen

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
kel varnsen said:
RockyRocastle said:
kel varnsen said:
quincy42 said:

Total, utter s***e.

Jens, Ralph, Kolo, Van Persie, Henry have been far superior and far more consistent than Reyes.

Game after game passes him by with him contributing little to nothing.

To say he has been our best player this season is total lunacy. It is just wrong.

Oh, but he does run around a lot :roll:

1. to say that van persie have been better than reyes is just foolish and a sign of a failing memory. how quickly we forget; he was horrible the first two months this season.

2.i said 'arguably'. english is my 2nd language, while it your first, so i really shouldn't have to explain its meaning to you...

3.he does run around a lot, which is a very good quality in a footballer. he has also created about 11 goals so far(about 10 assists and 1 goal), which should have been more like 15-16 assists if it hadn't been for lousy finishing from henry, van persie, pires, ljungberg etc on a number of occations.

4.if you really can't see the raw talent, the individual skill, of reyes, then i guess there is nothing more to be said. i don't have the time nor the will to teach you the basics of football...

Gurgen

Established Member
Reyes will never be good enough for some people, because he is our record signing. Every little thing he does wrong is highlighted, because we paid a lot of money for him. I'm sick and tired of it to be honest.
We paid that price because he is one of the most talented players in the world, and one of the most complete attackers around. Everyone is different, everyone takes their own specific time to fulfill his potential. If Reyes takes 3 full seasons, then that's fine by me. Ruud van Nistelrooy at 22 was still playing for Heerenveen, Zidane at 24 still for Bordeaux.
Reyes is in a stage of slow progress at the moment, and the last thing he needs is people *****ing about every average performance he has. If anything he needs encouragement.
But I guess this will never stop. Some people decided Reyes is crap a year ago, so every time he doesn't play like Thierry Henry, it's 'see I told you he's crap' all over again.

Killer7

Hear here.

I'm always delighted on hearing

'HOSAAY ANTONIOOO'
'HOSAAY ANTONIOOO'

Going up....

He's got all the makings, along with Cesc & Van P, of becoming a superstar...

Gurgen

Established Member
Just wanted to add that if you play Reyes in midfield, the forwards actually need to move to benefit from his passing. But I guess the lad has to pass to Henry and insert a rocket into his arse to get him running as well.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom