• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Villareal vs Arsenal | 25/04/06

stav25

****e performance but semi finals are always nervy, dodgy games eg last year chavs-liverpool was like that and milan lost to psv in the second leg and got through with a an away goal in the last minute.

anyone remember? no, so who cares??

tbbosa

One of the best moments in our History. I thought I was going to collapse when the penalty was given but Lehman like so many other times rescued us. The final will be a different ball game, you will see every committed Arsenal side, and I can even say that if we get Barcelona we shall win it. I actually believe AC Milan might be too hard for us, given that they missed last year, if they get to the finals they will want it themselves. But Barcelona am confident we can beat them on our day.

Paris here we come!!!!

Feis-al

pha2er said:
Take the pain 59 year Gooner!!! it's worth it.

Does anyone have any clips of us fans celebrating, preferably when Jens made that save? my mate is gutted we went through (he hates arsenal for some unknown reason) and I want to annoy him all day.

Ever heard of dressing a Leopard a goats skin to graze with Goats, Your mate is a Yid ****, believe me. We Liverpool was playing Milan and 3 down, I have lots of Liverpool mates who were down and I was I wish you come back yet I don't like Pool but I wanted them to win. If your mate does not show his heart, it must be affecting his interest :evil:

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Biggus said:
I've been an Arsenal supporter for 35 years.....most of that time we were a medium sized club. We enjoyed raining on the parade of the big glamour boys and stole the crumbs that they dropped, We prided ourselves on our reputation of being partypoopers .Then along came Arsène Wenger and wrought a total revolution..... not only in the way the world saw us but also in the way we saw ourselves, and we now stand at the dawn of a new era for the club. There are those who say the old Arsenal......and the old girl Highbury is gone, We are a new club -almost- and we should adjust our expections accordingly.
Maybe they're right to say we should have strode into the final in a style befitting us, and I should expect more.

I'm just glad we're there, and we have a chance of winning it.......
With a nicked goal against the run of play, with a controversial decision or on penalties.....It matters not a whit.....so long as we give the old girl a good sending off.
Nice post Biggus, like your good self I have supported Arsenal for over 35 years and I feel the same way. For me it matters not how we got there we have earned a right to be there, despite a few controversial decisions made against us and not playing our best football we still are going to Paris. Football is about supporting your team through the bad/negative times as well as the good times, getting a result when you are not playing well deserves a reward and we got ours last night. Well done the lads you done us proud. :D

JML

stav25 said:
s***e performance but semi finals are always nervy, dodgy games eg last year chavs-liverpool was like that and milan lost to psv in the second leg and got through with a an away goal in the last minute.

Apparently.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
We have played 12 games so far and the only game we got lucky(outplayed) is yesterday. We deserve to be where we are on merit. People forget in Highbury we could not afford to continue having a go at them after the lead cos we had the second leg to play and it proved the right decision. Villareal had no choice but to have a go at us..

I don't think we played a defensive game in regards to tactics. We were just poor moving forward(lost a lot of possession) and part of that credit should go to Villareal cos they really pressed us yesterday.

This is really really really huge for us. To think most of us here never expected us to even go pass the quarters and now few still complain on a subpar performance that still gave us the right result. Such ungrateful c*nts.

Was a beautiful night. Rewatched the entire game again immediately after that. Our defense was solid...solid solid..and Clichy for someone who hasn't played for monhts was exceptional...

I hope we play Barca..cos they simply play our football, they don't press as much (just like us).

It will be open football..and anything can happen cos we have just as many players who can turn the game around as they do.

long live arsenal

jamie_00000

1970*Gooner said:
Biggus said:
I've been an Arsenal supporter for 35 years.....most of that time we were a medium sized club. We enjoyed raining on the parade of the big glamour boys and stole the crumbs that they dropped, We prided ourselves on our reputation of being partypoopers .Then along came Arsène Wenger and wrought a total revolution..... not only in the way the world saw us but also in the way we saw ourselves, and we now stand at the dawn of a new era for the club. There are those who say the old Arsenal......and the old girl Highbury is gone, We are a new club -almost- and we should adjust our expections accordingly.
Maybe they're right to say we should have strode into the final in a style befitting us, and I should expect more.

I'm just glad we're there, and we have a chance of winning it.......
With a nicked goal against the run of play, with a controversial decision or on penalties.....It matters not a whit.....so long as we give the old girl a good sending off.
Nice post Biggus, like your good self I have supported Arsenal for over 35 years and I feel the same way. For me it matters not how we got there we have earned a right to be there, despite a few controversial decisions made against us and not playing our best football we still are going to Paris. Football is about supporting your team through the bad/negative times as well as the good times, getting a result when you are not playing well deserves a reward and we got ours last night. Well done the lads you done us proud. :D

... I've followed Arsenal since '72 and followed them when they were ****e. And I mean ****e.
From seeing Liverpool take the 1st Division from them in '73 courtesy of some toss results from Arsenal - a 0-1 reverse v's West Brom and a 1-6 humiliation by Leeds and they dipped further until Terry Neill took over and M MacDonald was signed.
During the lull my worst day reading the back of the Daily Mirror was losing 0-1 to 4th division Tranmere in the League Cup.
When Neill took over we had four or five decent years then a few years of mediocrity in the Charlie Nich's era until Graham and then Wenger took over... and even with Graham, we never really looked like emulating the two championships of 89 and 91.. we were just a decent hard to beat cup side.
This is not the best side we have had under Wenger, which is strange when you look at the records this side has just smashed in Europe, the 49er side was the best ... the season was tarnished by two ****ty results ... however it's our first European Cup final - and if we play at our best, we will beat either Barca or Milan..... Play like we did last night and we will lose.

stav25

JML said:
stav25 said:
s***e performance but semi finals are always nervy, dodgy games eg last year chavs-liverpool was like that and milan lost to psv in the second leg and got through with a an away goal in the last minute.

Apparently.

haha, yeah I forgot about the special K unt!

apart from him?

Sol man

Found this on another arsenal site
Having bribed the referee into giving a penalty and missing it, Villarreal took to intimidating the most important person on the pitch to get a precious equaliser:
eoYvTfy.jpg

And Jens had a little more help saving that penalty than most people would have you believe:

NImuOL2BU.JPG

Henry IV

WE'RE IN THE FINAL!!! I was totally devastated when the ref gave that non-existent penalty. But what can you say about Lehmann? He's been our most consistent performer this season and he came up trumps again. The final will seem relaxing compared to this because we were terrible last night and I was shouting at the TV screen for Arsenal to sort it out.

Ricky_AFC

Sol man said:
Found this on another arsenal site
Having bribed the referee into giving a penalty and missing it, Villarreal took to intimidating the most important person on the pitch to get a precious equaliser:
eoYvTfy.jpg

And Jens had a little more help saving that penalty than most people would have you believe:

NImuOL2BU.JPG

:lol: haha loving the pics. As for Vieira, he must be thinking something along the lines of 'Ohhh :(''

Gooner_Girl

Thank god! we're goin to paris!!!!!!!!!!! So tense the whole game, we performed absoulutely ****e thank god for lehmann - best player in my mind. And only one shot on targert in all? But who cares now, still can't believe it!!!! Want to go but in middle of my exam period :(

mood

I laughed out loud when I saw Franco screaming at the ball during the game.

What the hell was that! ..after he shouted at it, he kissed it... like he was consoling it. hahaha.

afcpaul

cant believe were going to Paris, fantastic to have played Real, Juve especially and now AC or Barca!

By no means was this a good performance but we rode a 90min storm

After Jens penalty the best bit was the interview with him and Sol, Sol randomly shouting LEHMANNNNNNNN!!!!!!!! anyone have or know where I could get a clip of that :D

mood

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?this ... at+penalty

Did you guys read this.

“I had seen Riquelme taking penalties right in the middle a couple of times when it was an important penalty. He was waiting for the goalkeeper to dive and just diverted the ball a bit.

“I said [to Jens] that usually when he is under pressure and he is scared he puts the ball in the middle. Maybe, I don’t know, when he saw me going to speak to Jens he thought that is what I was saying to him.

“I don’t know if it was a double bluff. I don’t know Riquelme well but I do watch games. If I know someone and he goes to speak to the goalkeeper you are thinking 'what did he say?'

“Maybe Riquelme changed [his mind] but I just thank God Jens did it all himself.”

--

that's right Thierry, God Jens.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom