• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CS: Arsenal vs Manchester United | 08/08/04

Stim

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - Lehmann - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hoyte - - - - - Toure - - - - Cygan - - - - - Clichy

Pennant - - - - Gilberto - - - Lauren - - - - - - Pires

- - - - - - - - - - Bergkamp - - - Reyes - - - - - -

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
how does kicking a ball into someones stomach and a calf strain have anything to do with each other? lol

must be the Rivaldo effect (hit in the knee and your face gets hurt)

Henry's Girl

USArsenal said:
how does kicking a ball into someones stomach and a calf strain have anything to do with each other? lol

must be the Rivaldo effect (hit in the knee and your face gets hurt)
not talking about his calf injury, I'm just gonna blame him if he doesnt play :p

AFCG7

Established Member
Change of tactics maybe :

-----------------Lehmann

Lauren----Toure----Cygan----Cole

---------------Gilberto---------------

Pennant--Pires--Van Persie

----------Bergkamp--Reyes

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I really cant see wenger playing with 3 attacking midfielders - especially not against manchester united.

According to ajax, the trabelsi deal will finally be COMPLETED today - the link is in the rumours section - so i reckon Arsène will play trabelsi at right back if we finally do get him - and then have Lauren partnering gilberto in central midfield to see how that goes.

God i hope he signs today !

lee1001

Established Member
United could field a very strong side. Do you think they will rest players for the European game? Otherwise a team of ..

Howard
Neville Brown Silvestra O'shea
Fletcher Keane Scholes Giggs
Smith Saha

Is going to be tough to beat especialy as we are missing the spine of our team and playing a lot of youngsters.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
scholes & fletcher may or may not play (lack of match fitness)... with their CL qualifier 3 days after, cant see them playing all their big guns....

calvinngai88

I don't think ManU would be playing Smith, because RVN's out for a month, Solksjaer's also out. Maybe a Saha-Bellion partnership up front, since Sunday is Saha's 26th birthday.

My guess for Arsenal's midfield : Pennant-Gilberto-Pires-RVP

That doesn't mean Pires would have a lot of defending to do. The more Arsenal's offensive, the less defending duties. :lol:

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I don't understand why Cesc isn't in the squad. This would have been an excellent opportunity to gain some experience playing against a big side in a relatively low pressure environment.

A

Anonymous

If flamini, vieira, edu are all out, who the **** will play centre mid? used to be romford ray. Suppose pires and van persie wil come in on the left. Look forward to seeing reyes, RVP, pennant all playing. Also i would actually give cesc a good bit of game time. This is the perfect situation to see how ready he actually is. Also senderos should get a chance ahead of cygan.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury

Latest posts

Top Bottom