• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CS: Arsenal vs Manchester United | 08/08/04

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Their game against Urawa got cancelled - therefore none of their players are really that tired - so i can see ferguson playing his best side out there tomorrow to PREPARE them for the midweek game, rather than RESTING them for the midweek game - which was the original plan.

http://www.manutd.com/news/fullstory.sps?inewsid=90535

Smith could very well partner saha in attack - scholes and fletcher are definately starting in midfield - with the possibility of having Roy keane and Giggs also starting - and then a defence of Silvestre - Brown - O'Shea - Neville looks very likely.

Besides - according to Ferguson - he would only field a weakened side if their CL game was on a tuesday - lucky for them its on a wednesday.

calvinngai88

Three days aren't enough to rest actually. One day is usually for the packing up, board plane, arrival, check-in. Staying in the plane for a long period of times does cause fatigue, so Ferguson SHOULD BE clever enough to know that.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yea but right now it it looks like he's more concerned about match fitness than he is about fatigue.

And besides, we all know how much he hates losing to wenger, whether its a friendly game or a premiership game - he cant stand it - ends up kicking boots at his own players !!

Soler

Established Member
Hmm ...

"looks likely that Cesc, who will wear number 15 this season, could start for Arsenal in midfield. Should be fun."

I think it means Cesc may partner Gilberto ;)

calvinngai88

Jose_Reyes_2004 said:
Yea but right now it it looks like he's more concerned about match fitness than he is about fatigue.

And besides, we all know how much he hates losing to wenger, whether its a friendly game or a premiership game - he cant stand it - ends up kicking boots at his own players !!

Well, definitely he will hate more if he lost in the qualifier and not qualify for the CL!!! :lol:

Soler

Established Member
I too really hope Cesc plays. It'd be a good experience for him to go against Keane should the psychopath play.

whoever plays for us will give it a good go

our duty is to do the same

they may bring more but we need let them know......

We Have Got OUR Trophy Back

KingReyes

Established Member
Both teams look like having weak line ups out there due to injuries or steroid abuse by Rio. Anyways once again not concerned about the result. Just looking forward to seeing RVP, Reyes and hopefully Cesc get the chance to impress Wenger. Would also like to see Senderos.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It would definately benifet cesc tremendously if he plays in this game.

He would learn so much battling the likes of Keane in the middle of the park - its only one game but it would probarly be one of the toughest he's ever been in - and who knows, maybe Arsène will play him.

I doubt he'll start though - maybe he'll come on late in the game. But i for one, would certainly love to see him start.

patrick42uk

Established Member
cesc isnt ready for keane, and i'm sure wenger knows this. for a 16/17 looking for first team action, you have to be carfeul with the games you pick for him. you need to give him games that gives confidence to that player building onto his next outing. getting kicked about the pitch by keane is too much too soon IMO.

lewdikris

Established Member
Cesc is no 15 this season? Cool.

I hope he does play. The only benefit of mass injuries is that it gives the kids (rather than peace) a chance.

I'd love to see Cesc play tomorrow. Why not? It's a pretty meaningless match, and he should get a chance to assert his abilities before the real action kicks off next week.

The fact he's been given Ray's shirt (apparently) shows Wenger's moving him up through the ranks.

So play him, Keane or no Keane.

"And Cesc breaks past Keane, past Silvestre and let's rip a 30 yard screamer .... goal. Remember the name, Cesc Fabregas!"

calvinngai88

Ferguson was quoted thinking of giving a starting place for 17 year old Gerard Pique. If that's so, Cesc should start too. At least Arsenal will know what to do to avoid Pique. :)

Alexone234

Am I right in saying that for the last few seasons, whoever wins the community shield failed to win the EPL?

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom