• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Beckham

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Its a no-brainer for me plenty of our players could learn a thing or two and as a player he was never dependant on pace. Giroud would thrive and having a player who can ping a 60 yard pass for Theo would be fantastic.
Obviously not first choice or even second but as an option he could be useful

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
he's done it before.. no real news here.. we wont sign him on loan, he's just trying to stay in shape..

....nothing to see here :mrgreen:

coopsollini

I like it when Henry and Pires come back, it shows a connection with the past (and a successful period at the club).

However Beckham, who has never had a connection with the club, played for our major rivals of that era and would have never played for us at an elite level, why the hell is he here?

It comes across weak, like if any has been star wants a place to train all they need to do is call Wenger so they can do a few drills. Pathetic, if you ask me, do you think Fergie would let Freddie Ljungberg go for a run out with his 1st team?!

As for him coming here for 6 months, no thanks, I'd rather stick with what we've got.

jerome2158

Established Member
Weak? How?

I'd say it makes us long strong. As even former elite players of other teams know that if they want proper facilities and good training, they should come to us.

He wouldn't train with united or madrid because I assume he doesn't live in either of those places, and perhaps their training equipment and facilities just aren't up to par with ours.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
weak? have to agree with Jerome.. not sure how on earth it makes us look weak.. it doesnt really make us look anything other than willing to help out a model professional train so he can find a new club..

yuvken

Established Member
Fine, no problem with it. It;s part of being class (only part left for us?)
Not big news either, they have all trained with bigger players than him, even recently (Thierry).
Ljunberg wouldn't get training time with fungus, but then again, neither would Becks :wink: .

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Can only be a good thing this, brilliant to have him around the training ground.

alboots101

Established Member
I can only reiterate what the sensible Goons are saying, in so much that it can only be good to have about the place.

coopsollini

coopsollini said:
I like it when Henry and Pires come back, it shows a connection with the past (and a successful period at the club).

However Beckham, who has never had a connection with the club, played for our major rivals of that era and would have never played for us at an elite level, why the hell is he here?

It comes across weak, like if any has been star wants a place to train all they need to do is call Wenger so they can do a few drills. Pathetic, if you ask me, do you think Fergie would let Freddie Ljungberg go for a run out with his 1st team?!

As for him coming here for 6 months, no thanks, I'd rather stick with what we've got.

Fair play, it appears most people think its a good idea (I usually post pretty positively, I think this was probably my first really negative post!)

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
His kids are as confused as his hairstyle. One was at Chavs for a trial the other day, one is said to be a Gooner when the cameras caught him wearing our kit at Emirates only for him to buy the poor lad a ManUre kit the following week and took him to Old Trafford. :lol:

He's done it before and it's no biggie but I wouldn't want him at Arsenal as a player or we might as well recall Pires, Vieira, Bergkamp, Ray Parlour, Ian Wright, Martin Keown and Tony Adams.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

SomGooner said:
He's done it before and it's no biggie but I wouldn't want him at Arsenal as a player or we might as well recall Pires, Vieira, Bergkamp, Ray Parlour, Ian Wright, Martin Keown and Tony Adams.
Are you really trying to claim signing a player who has just finished a season and still in reasonable shape (both physically and having played competitive football) is the same as signing players who have been retired for years?

While you might not want him Im sorry to tell you its not the same as signing players who have been retired for years.

Free transfer, experienced, a proven winner, and all his ability is based on passing not quickness/mobility its an easy answer allbeit very unlikely we will do it. Though having him around training showing Theo how to hit free kicks, helping Jack improve his long range passing, helping wingers with deliveries it is everything but a new signing.

dpt49

Established Member
bingobob said:
SomGooner said:
Free transfer, experienced, a proven winner, and all his ability is based on passing not quickness/mobility its an easy answer allbeit very unlikely we will do it. Though having him around training showing Theo how to hit free kicks, helping Jack improve his long range passing, helping wingers with deliveries it is everything but a new signing.
I think it's a bit of a myth about his free kicks.
He played over a hundred games for England and scored just a few free kicks.
This is not a great return when you consider he took nearly every single free kick, even when Lampard or Gerrard were playing.
In fact he missed his last three penalties for England.
The last thing we need is the Beckham circus rolling into the Emirates.

The only reason he trains with us is because we are one of the nearest clubs to his house, with the best training facilities.

The fact that he is not a closet Arsenal supporter, but indeed a spuds one, and he played for Man U, should be enough to put anyone off.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

lol doubt he does that much, it really does seem like he just does some drills.

I remember last time he trained with us and people were claiming Theo's crosses had improved (lol)- although they has certainly improved nowadays but still funny.

Good for the club, hes a good presence, good to be known for having top facilities, can't hurt but at the end of the day a complete non-story. (seriously who really cares?)

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom