• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Beckham

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
A lot of the mancs never appreciated becks that much as he was a london boy, had he been from manchester , they would of taken to him much more...
Even a few told me that, so its nothing new

KingKolo

He'll get players like Adebayor learning how to head the ****ing ball.. He's 6ft 3, and other then those rebound/tap in headers, and the one vs Sp**s, can't remember Adebayor scoring a header..

Go0oner

lassenorge said:
f****g funny how these guys dont think arsenal is good enough to win the title.... Makes me wonder..Is this the same guy?
I think your ultimateone1, infact your definitely him.

Nutsy

Established Member
Samson10, first of all will you knock it off. The level of you posting in that range are plain immature and for heaven's sake, how do they teach your grammar in school? Do they insist on your essays in text language? "you" instead of "u". What's the matter with you?

Secondly, the only big deal we have to endure about Beckham to train with us the paparazzi circus will follow him around. Nonetheless he could benefit the youngsters on a long term basis through his experience. What is the big deal really. He's just training with them, not the transfer deal.

I don't even favour Beckham that much, but your sheer hatred for the guy is absolutely ridiculous. He's still a class player. Just because I don't like him, doesn't mean I want that player dead etc. White English? Man, that's racist comment and you know it. Unless you really are 8 and incapable of understanding the whole concept of Racism.

I would like to see him train, but without the media circus following him around. The fact that Posh is making a comebcak to her homeland after shopping spree in LA doesn't help much....

tansc

Personally I don't mind seeing him playing for Arsenal. Yes, it's true that he might not suit our style, yet he brings another style of threate into our football.
Don't understand why so lots of people hate him. Yes, he's ex-red devil; but i don't think he is as irritating as RVN, as the horse face is simply the s**kest in my eyes.

samson10

sorry about the writting thingy. i only shorten words because it saves time and the only reason why i am SPELLING THINGS WRONG is because i am typing so fast i press the wrong buttons and i cant be bothered to go and scan through my writting.
by the way how can i be racist to white people if iam white. if i was black then it would be racist as i am not i am not a racist. i jusst think the white enlgish players are over payed and they do not peform and they do not excite the fans with there style of football. if they played like cristiano ronaldo or kaka for exanple i would like them but as they play sooooooooooo boring i cannot stand to watch them.
you are saying beckham would bring experience to us. he probably would but he can speak good englsih so how would our players understand him. english people find it hard let laone africans. i just think becks is over rated becasue he is english and if he was from a place i dont no like sweeden or mexico he would not be as rated!!! you lot are to biased and you dont see players for players you only see what nationality they are and base your view on that!!

samson10

oh ye about the comment that i said arsenal couldnt win the league that was because at the time the best player ever left our club and it looked like wenger was going to leave to and fabregas was linked with a move out and david dein had quit so the club didnt look good and i didnt no how united and passionate the arsenal players were going to become. so now the arsenal players ahve changed my mind and i think we can win the league or atleast top 2

purepassion19

The Incredible Hulk said:
To everyone talking about that Samson10 joker:

No, he's not new and I highly doubt that he's Baghdatis. Just looked at his profile and he's been registered since 05 June. So I guess he's been around a while. And now that I think about, I'm sure I've seen a random post of two from him at times. Anyway, to those interested in sending some "love letters" to him, his email address in on his profile as well! :twisted:

As George Best said, 'He (Beckham) cannot kick with his left foot, he cannot head a ball, he cannot tackle and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that he's all right.'

Actually, I thought that a real stupid comment from Best. He should know better than to go dissing a legend of the game (for whatever reasons!). Beckham doesnt need to head in a game because he's usually the provider for people heading the ball. He doesnt score many because he's too busy setting people up. Although his left foot is pretty ****ty and his tackling is bad, he does track back these days (maybe he has something to prove) and helps out in defence. He's far from a complete player and he's probably not even in the list of top 30 players in the world right now, but he's got his qualities and he sticks to them. And he's got by allright in his career by doing just that.

Very good description ofBEckham... NOt a complete player... But a very good player ..... a solid player who all ways gave what he has got...

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
KingKolo said:
He'll get players like Adebayor learning how to head the f****g ball.. He's 6ft 3, and other then those rebound/tap in headers, and the one vs Sp**s, can't remember Adebayor scoring a header..

Birms(i think) in his first 20 minutes at Arsenal, villa at home and maybe a couple more
He has a giant leap on him but his eading ability is pretty average..ijust remember his mises at pompey that nearly cost us 4th 2 seasons back

Nutsy

Established Member
Funny how you said that Samson, whilst I'm not even English. Yet I have respect to them. Some of em yeah are horribly overrated ****e but you don't hear us moaning wanting to kill them. You have to be careful of what you said mate. Some of them are plain childish rant.

Secondly the saving time bit, "you" instead of "u", you write off 2 letter ONLY, how much time do you save really. Furthermore it adds up to an assumption by others saying you are just lazy. Really. You want that misconception? Thirdly, this is a multicultural forum who has English not their first languange. some of them REALLY find it difficult to understand them especially in text languages.

anyway. back to the topic. I agree Beckham is not a complete player, what I'm pretty surprised how much people assume that as if we got him on loan though. But I do remember of Arsène being very keen to him before. getting him on loan is pretty off the bounce there. LA Galaxy wouldn't let him go that easy anyway.

Question is IF we got him playing for the squad, where can he fit? What are the possibilities? Would you want him in the squad?

KingKolo

EMIR8_SOLDIER said:
KingKolo said:
He'll get players like Adebayor learning how to head the f****g ball.. He's 6ft 3, and other then those rebound/tap in headers, and the one vs Sp**s, can't remember Adebayor scoring a header..

Birms(i think) in his first 20 minutes at Arsenal, villa at home and maybe a couple more
He has a giant leap on him but his eading ability is pretty average..ijust remember his mises at pompey that nearly cost us 4th 2 seasons back
I remember both those goals, like I said, other than rebounding/tap in headers.. Birmingham was rebound and tap in rolled into one.. Villa was rebound too..

KingKolo

purepassion19 said:
The Incredible Hulk said:
To everyone talking about that Samson10 joker:

No, he's not new and I highly doubt that he's Baghdatis. Just looked at his profile and he's been registered since 05 June. So I guess he's been around a while. And now that I think about, I'm sure I've seen a random post of two from him at times. Anyway, to those interested in sending some "love letters" to him, his email address in on his profile as well! :twisted:

As George Best said, 'He (Beckham) cannot kick with his left foot, he cannot head a ball, he cannot tackle and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that he's all right.'

Actually, I thought that a real stupid comment from Best. He should know better than to go dissing a legend of the game (for whatever reasons!). Beckham doesnt need to head in a game because he's usually the provider for people heading the ball. He doesnt score many because he's too busy setting people up. Although his left foot is pretty ****ty and his tackling is bad, he does track back these days (maybe he has something to prove) and helps out in defence. He's far from a complete player and he's probably not even in the list of top 30 players in the world right now, but he's got his qualities and he sticks to them. And he's got by allright in his career by doing just that.

Very good description ofBEckham... NOt a complete player... But a very good player ..... a solid player who all ways gave what he has got...
Beckham is a legend of the game? Funny..

samson10

i understand about the writting part its just that i am so used to writing like that on the computer i just do it. i will try and use proper english instead of text language in the future.
and get over the stupid i want beckham dead thing!!! i was only joking!!god guys that was a stupid thing to say but you need to stop going on about it.

Nutsy

Established Member
After what the football deaths that goes around these past few weeks, No one find the joke funny man. You should know better than that.

Anyway, enough is enough. Just becareful next time.

abz_14

Interesting idea, Beckham at Arsenal. Can help the youngsters learn how to cross, but a talent like Beckham's can not be learned, he is and extremely gifted player from deadball sitiuations.

One thing I do not like about Arsenal's style of play is that we never have a Plan B. We cannot change formations or substitute a player to impact a game. This is where I think Adebayor and Beckham's time at Arsenal contributes. If we can get our 'wingers' to learn how to cross a ball half as good as Beckham does, and have Adebayor as the target man we can easily score a few goals thus turning draws into wins and losses into draws.

The Incredible Hulk

Beckham is a legend of the game? Funny..

Like I said, he is a legend for whatever reasons. Be it footballing or non-footballing, he's probably THE most recognised player on the planet, he was the highest paid footballer at one point. He has spent the majority of his career is two of the biggest clubs in the world. Not to mention, he's captained his country for what 6 years. He's been 2nd in FIFA World Player of the Year twice, he's won the league with Man Utd 6 times, the FA Cup 2 times and the CL once. Add to that the Premiera Liga title last year. He's an OBE, won BBC's sports personality of the year and then there was "that" goal against Greece to qualify for the WC02. I think I'm safe in calling him a legend.

And if all that isnt enough, he's also married to Victoria. Oh wait... :shock:

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
No harm in it really, works for him and can work for us and it shos those media heads that we don't actually hate english footballers!!

Gunner_Brody

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/david-beckham-trains-at-colney-pictures" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... y-pictures</a>

Thoughts on this?

Can imagine this being a great experience for the players training with a top pro like becks. wouldnt be totally against giving him a 6 month deal but wenger seems to have ruled that but we could do worse.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom