• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Beckham

taylor314gh

dunno, this guy seems a little different from bhags. Dare i say it, dumber? Bhags, at least at first, seemed to have some knowledge of footie, he just loved to tear people down and start fights. This guy just seems to be in for the wind up, no real knowledge yet. Maybe he will prove me wrong. As i said before, speak coherently and bring something smart to the table, and we will, well most of us will, talk to you.

taylor314gh

could be, but my understanding was that he was IP banned. Now, that is not the end all be all, he could still get back. There are a lot of muppets out there, probably just some spuds fan that is mad that his"huge" team is not linked with becks.

The Incredible Hulk

To everyone talking about that Samson10 joker:

No, he's not new and I highly doubt that he's Baghdatis. Just looked at his profile and he's been registered since 05 June. So I guess he's been around a while. And now that I think about, I'm sure I've seen a random post of two from him at times. Anyway, to those interested in sending some "love letters" to him, his email address in on his profile as well! :twisted:

As George Best said, 'He (Beckham) cannot kick with his left foot, he cannot head a ball, he cannot tackle and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that he's all right.'

Actually, I thought that a real stupid comment from Best. He should know better than to go dissing a legend of the game (for whatever reasons!). Beckham doesnt need to head in a game because he's usually the provider for people heading the ball. He doesnt score many because he's too busy setting people up. Although his left foot is pretty ****ty and his tackling is bad, he does track back these days (maybe he has something to prove) and helps out in defence. He's far from a complete player and he's probably not even in the list of top 30 players in the world right now, but he's got his qualities and he sticks to them. And he's got by allright in his career by doing just that.

Freezer Geezer

I wouldnt mind him training with Arsenal but if he were to play in our team ( which will not be happening ) I don't think he would suit us. He crosses the ball from deep, effectively a long ball because he cannot beat his marker most of the time. This was evident in the England - Germany game.

He doesn't offer what our current bunch of players do which is - pace, quick movement, and penetration. Beckham is a player who will want the ball take a touch or two and look to cross the ball. It's not our game to be doing this and picking up the scraps hoping for the best. We don't have enough players to play Beckhams type of game.

TheThoss

The Incredible Hulk said:
To everyone talking about that Samson10 joker:

No, he's not new and I highly doubt that he's Baghdatis. Just looked at his profile and he's been registered since 05 June. So I guess he's been around a while. And now that I think about, I'm sure I've seen a random post of two from him at times. Anyway, to those interested in sending some "love letters" to him, his email address in on his profile as well! :twisted:

As George Best said, 'He (Beckham) cannot kick with his left foot, he cannot head a ball, he cannot tackle and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that he's all right.'

Actually, I thought that a real stupid comment from Best. He should know better than to go dissing a legend of the game (for whatever reasons!). Beckham doesnt need to head in a game because he's usually the provider for people heading the ball. He doesnt score many because he's too busy setting people up. Although his left foot is pretty ****ty and his tackling is bad, he does track back these days (maybe he has something to prove) and helps out in defence. He's far from a complete player and he's probably not even in the list of top 30 players in the world right now, but he's got his qualities and he sticks to them. And he's got by allright in his career by doing just that.

I've never really liked him, to be honest. If he could beat a man, he'd be the world's best winger, ever. As it stands, I'd prefer a quicker player with half his passing range.

JimmyG

Freezer Geezer said:
JimmyG said:
does anyone know why david beckham wants to train with the arsenal squad? I dont understand

Great facilities, Great manager.

Maybe he thinks he's better than Fergy.

whats goin on then, is la galaxy not letting him train with them or what? Whats david beckhams hidden agenda

taylor314gh

the MLS is off in the winter and spring. He most likely wants a place to train with world class talent, great facilities, and no bad blood (aka ManU). We would be a natural choice.

good old gooners

LOL he hates fergies guts ! he threw a boot at his head after we done em in the fa cup q.final 2-0 edu ( more of a becks own goal) and wiltord secured our place in the semis ! what a fateful day ! (and a happy one)

ModelGooner

Harambe Loyalist
Sorry, had to share this quote I found with you, just sums up the 'Arsenal can't live without Henry' crap..

"..Henry didn't make Arsenal, Arsenal made Henry.."

taylor314gh

thats how every player should be. Hate to say it, but SAF is a great example of that philosophy. Look at the talent he has shipped out- Becks, Keene, RVN. Just becuase they thought they were bigger than the team. AW does the same thing. No one, I dont care who they are, is bigger than the Arsenal.

BLOCK19GOONER

Beckingham Palace is pretty close to London Colney. Arsenal have amazing facilities and Wenger is 'the don'.

Make perfect sense for Becks and won't hinder us at all.

Perhaps Becks can turn out for the reserves.

The Incredible Hulk

I've never really liked him, to be honest. If he could beat a man, he'd be the world's best winger, ever. As it stands, I'd prefer a quicker player with half his passing range.

Fair enough. Actually, I'm with you. I'd rather have Ribery who's got the pace (and actually can cross pretty darned well too so maybe not the best example). But that's because I'm an Arsenal fan. Like I pointed out earlier, if I were a Chelsea fan, I'd kill to get David Beckham into the team because with the threat they have on free-kicks, corners etc (Terry, Drogba, Ballack etc), Beckham's deliveries would be lethal. As it happens, Arsenal are pretty rubbish in the long-ball game and also any set pieces.

That's why I've always felt that when David Beckham plays for England, it doesnt matter if Rooney and Owen are both fit. Peter Crouch MUST play in those games. I'd actually prefer Crouch and Owen when Beckham starts because Crouchy could win the headers and he's great at laying them off to another player. And Owen is just the kind who can take advantage of it. Also, I've always thought Rooney is way over-hyped. He's a good player, but nowhere near as good as people make him out to be.

I dont know what Englands schedule is (except for the match on Thursday), but with Rooney out for a bit, if Beckham can get back to full fitness, and with Michael Owen looking pretty good lately, I think we'll be seeing Crouch start. Anyway, I'd rather see Crouch play than bloody Heskey coming back ffs! Johnson could be the sub. Sorry for getting off-topic! :eek:ops:

The Incredible Hulk

thats how every player should be. Hate to say it, but SAF is a great example of that philosophy. Look at the talent he has shipped out- Becks, Keene, RVN. Just becuase they thought they were bigger than the team. AW does the same thing. No one, I dont care who they are, is bigger than the Arsenal.

I agree with you. But I think SAF made his biggest mistake when he let RVN go. That was just plain stupid tbh. I didnt read much about it, but from what I remember didnt RVN and SAF just have disagreements and it wasnt anything to do with RVN being an idiot particularly? If I remember, he left him out of some match or something and RVN got pissed off after that? Someone enlighten me please because I really dont recall.

gunner321

vanpersiethegoldenboy said:
Yeah his a proven top class player if i aint mistaken and he should have been playing in Madrid if that dickhead Capello hadnt tried to mess his career its fair to say Real Madrid won the league thanks to him as he played an very important part in the end and if you still think he is beneath you :roll:

No, it is not fair to say Real Madrid won the league because of him, typical that people think this, it is fair to say that Reyes won the league for them with his 2 goals against Mallorca, or the fact that RM hardly lost a game in the second half of the season won the league for them. He might have provided assists for em, but so what? I can remember a 1-0 win of theirs with Reyes scoring a last minute free-kick, that also won the league for them, not even mentioning Barca blowing it.

Sorry I just hate this Beckham effect, the last few games of theirs in that season were won by the team, Beckham did not even stand out for me.

On topic, he is a good player, I am indifferent to him training with us though.

maradona

In fact quite a few players have used the Arsenal training facility. As others have said they are world class, pitches, gymnasium, swimming pools and physiotherapy facilities are all at Arsenal.
Its close to Beckingham Palace and the Beckham soccer school next to the O2 arena.

And he will not play for us on loan because Gallas insist on the short sleeve shirts where Beckham always plays long sleeves. :lol:

taylor314gh

The Incredible Hulk said:

I agree with you. But I think SAF made his biggest mistake when he let RVN go. That was just plain stupid tbh. I didnt read much about it, but from what I remember didnt RVN and SAF just have disagreements and it wasnt anything to do with RVN being an idiot particularly? If I remember, he left him out of some match or something and RVN got pissed off after that? Someone enlighten me please because I really dont recall.

i believe the trouble was with RVN and Cron. I think RVN basically said he wouldnt play with Cron, and wanted him gone. SAF said no, and things went down hill from there. I may not be exactly right, but that is the gist of it from what i can remember.

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom