• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah (Out: Pure Profit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bucephalus

For everyone saying 20-25 million is enough to get rid, how do you plan on replacing him? There does need to be an injury/form backup to Jesus, after all, and 20-25 million isn't going to fund that. Hope Edu can manage a few more 20-25 million outgoings--ESR, Nelson, Ramsdale, someone--and throw the lot at Toney? Commit to Havertz as backup striker? Or something else?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

For everyone saying 20-25 million is enough to get rid, how do you plan on replacing him? There does need to be an injury/form backup to Jesus, after all, and 20-25 million isn't going to fund that. Hope Edu can manage a few more 20-25 million outgoings--ESR, Nelson, Ramsdale, someone--and throw the lot at Toney? Commit to Havertz as backup striker? Or something else?
It's a bit like people now saying Partey should have been sold for peanuts, because in hindsight he has been unavailable for most of the season thus far, unlike any other season. And get a Sambi level replacement to develop.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Replacing him won't be issue if we found CF this window if we don't then simply we won't be selling until the summer. The issue here will our club manage to get 25M for Eddie?

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
Just sell. This is one time opportunity. We generate 40m from Balo. Let's say 30m from Eddie as well. It's what we paid for Havertz. Get an actual number 8 and play Havertz as CF.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Replacing him won't be issue if we found CF this window if we don't then simply we won't be selling until the summer. The issue here will our club manage to get 25M for Eddie?
It is an issue though as any decent striker that we’d he interested in costs more than 60M which is simply funds we don’t appear to have at this moment.

Nketiah is nowhere near as bad as most here think. Anything less than 30M in the current market is terrible business imo

Bucephalus

English tax, will qualify as homegrown, and shown at least some ability to score PL goals? 25M shouldn't be a problem. Even 30 or 35 is viable. But I read the first part of your post as basically agreeing that we can't get rid unless there's a replacement. And we can't fund a replacement with whatever we get for Eddie unless we do other good outgoing business, too.

• Goal
Reactions: roz

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
I will be even happy with Werner on loan instead of him. That's how much I am fed up with him.

SupersoakerArsene

Last game he played the whole game. Haven't seen him the whole game.
Gets a change, chokes.

He isn't good enough. Might thrive at a lower club like Palace, West Ham or those kind of teams... Even Brighton I could see him start, while De Zerbi is constantly trying to roulate.

Nketiah isn't good enough. Would love a 10 mil + Nketiah deal for Olise.
Then get the Raya deal done and loan Toney.

Also sell Cedric, El Neny & Nelson to cover the wages & transfermoney...

Saka/Olise - Toney/Jesus - Martinelli/Trossard. Fine by me for this year, lol.

Whickham

0 away goals in 2 years and is very limited player, even Justin Bieber couldn't be as useless as Stinketiah in front, he has to go this winter!

roz

Fake News Merchant
Last game he played the whole game. Haven't seen him the whole game.
Gets a change, chokes.

He isn't good enough. Might thrive at a lower club like Palace, West Ham or those kind of teams... Even Brighton I could see him start, while De Zerbi is constantly trying to roulate.

Nketiah isn't good enough. Would love a 10 mil + Nketiah deal for Olise.
Then get the Raya deal done and loan Toney.

Also sell Cedric, El Neny & Nelson to cover the wages & transfermoney...

Saka/Olise - Toney/Jesus - Martinelli/Trossard. Fine by me for this year, lol.
If he’s as bad as you say then why would Palace accept 10M & Nketiah for Olise?

SupersoakerArsene

If he’s as bad as you say then why would Palace accept 10M & Nketiah for Olise?
I don't say he is that bad. I just say he isn't good enough for us.
I could see him thrive at teams like Palace, Brentford etc. Less pressure. Less playing the ball. More long balls etc.

roz

Fake News Merchant
I don't say he is that bad. I just say he isn't good enough for us.
I could see him thrive at teams like Palace, Brentford etc. Less pressure. Less playing the ball. More long balls etc.
Fair, more than anything I feel Nketiah like 95% of strikers needs a run of games to get going. I’m a fan of Eddie but even so If I were palace I wouldn’t be accepting that offer

SupersoakerArsene

Fair, more than anything I feel Nketiah like 95% of strikers needs a run of games to get going. I’m a fan of Eddie but even so If I were palace I wouldn’t be accepting that offer
I also would't accept, but atleast try haha.

Im not a fan of Nketiah. Everything looks like its so difficult for him. Like he's trying his best, but he just can't do it.

Trying to be strong, but then get bullied by a CB.

Besides that: I don't like the way he runs, when we need to press. He, almost always, looks like he has no clue what the hell he's doing or he looks like he doesn't wanna be on the pitch.

If he gets 10 a 15 minutes as a striker, as a sub, he needs to be constantly pressing those CB's ffs. Run your lungs out. But he ain't doing that either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom