• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah (Out: Pure Profit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I remember AM folks wanted 10-15m for Holding. They were saying that he is quality and can play well for mid table teams. Palace got him for 4m (or so), and he hasn't played a single game yet 🤦‍♂️ how the fvck her is good enough?

Same holds for Eddie. Anything more than 20-25m is a good fee. Accept and run away.
Holding has had injury issues almost the whole season I think. Can't draw conclusions about it, but of course he won't start over Andersen and Guehi. But they surely didn't buy him to not play him at all. It's a very bad look if they lie to Holding over game-time prospects before choosing them, and it comes out later in some way, when Holding gets pissed.

Nketiah should surely be a similar fee as Balogun, especially as this season he has 5+3 in EPL in 965 minutes. He has had better finishing this season than earlier, and is still a young HG striker.

drippin

He is getting 100k a week for being the worst striker in the league. We have already paid him a large chunk of whatever he is gonna get us. Seeing how bad he is I wouldn’t really mind even somehow taking a loss on him tbh
Still deesn't take it away that Arteta extended both Balogun and Nketiah, and they will bring a good profit because of it.

He has 5+3 in EPL in 965 minutes according to Transfermarkt, a point per 121 minutes, so he can't be as rubbish as you claim.

Your hate or feelings betray you.

drippin

If we get less than what we got from Balogun, an inexperienced striker that wasn't managed by Arteta, I wouldn't say we raised his value.
Of course even Balogun's value was raised by Arteta, and he managed to extend both when they could have left for free.

drippin

How did Arteta raise his value?
He loaned him with Edu to a fitting team, and they got him to agree to a new contract when he could have left for free, so it naturally raised his value a lot.

It was tough competition for striker position in Arsenal at the time, both Nketiah and Balogun being almost similar age. Many feared they will be lost for free, but Arteta & Edu handled it perfectly and managed to keep these assets for future profits for Arsenal. Nketiah has also helped Arsenal afterwards, he has okay end-product for his minutes.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
He loaned him with Edu to a fitting team, and they got him to agree to a new contract when he could have left for free, so it naturally raised his value a lot.

It was tough competition for striker position in Arsenal at the time, both Nketiah and Balogun being almost similar age. Many feared they will be lost for free, but Arteta & Edu handled it perfectly and managed to keep these assets for future profits for Arsenal. Nketiah has also helped Arsenal afterwards, he has okay end-product for his minutes.
Fair enough they extended his contract, that's probably Arteta's biggest strength. Normally when you say a coach raised a player's value you don't talk about just the new contracts though.

Also I don't think Arteta is very much involved in choosing loan clubs, that's what the loan manager should be there for. And he's doing a mostly sh*t job anyway, Balogun to Reims was one of the few positive loans.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Still deesn't take it away that Arteta extended both Balogun and Nketiah, and they will bring a good profit because of it.

He has 5+3 in EPL in 965 minutes according to Transfermarkt, a point per 121 minutes, so he can't be as rubbish as you claim.

Your hate or feelings betray you.
No goals away from home for over a year, 3 goals against a basically championship squad to pad the stats & hasn’t scored since then, 4 goals last year from 30 appearances whilst being awful at everything needed from a striker

But yeah you're right, my 'hate' or 'feelings' betray me

drippin

No goals away from home for over a year, 3 goals against a basically championship squad to pad the stats & hasn’t scored since then, 4 goals last year from 30 appearances whilst being awful at everything needed from a striker

But yeah you're right, my 'hate' or 'feelings' betray me
You say he is the worst striker in the league, and you would even take a loss on him.

Yes, your feelings betray you. Such hyperbolic posting that it's evident.

He has 5+3 in 965 EPL minutes this season, which is a good end-product. Both Lacazette and Auba had similar points per minute in their Arsenal careers, and they were in their prime.

He should be worth quite similar money as Balogun. Palace is interested, and was interested last summer, even when they have Edouard and Mateta who are not old.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Anything more than 20-25m is a good fee. Accept and run away.
I don't think Eddie is good enough for us and I think we should replace him as soon as possible but that doesn't automatically mean we can't sell him for decent money.

Forget everything else, him fulfilling the following criteria significantly bumps up his price.

24 Years old
Homegrown
Pl experience
Current England International (thank you Southgate)
On long contract

These things matter when it comes to valuations. Heck England U21 players with zero top level experience were being sold for £20m+ last summer. A young full England International comes with a premium.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Anything below 30M would be extremely poor. City got 20M for their U21 keeper ffs.

Hopefully there interest is strong enough that it holds until the summer, no way Arteta lets him go now.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
30M is a good fee if we really get it. I don't think any player on loan would solve our problems. But we should if Barca or RM would loan any of their midfielders or attackers.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

That wouldn't be a particularly good fee with Brennan Johnson going for 48m in the summer. But it's a "journalist" that writes for the star and mirror.
The first response to the tweet sums up our fans. 30 million for proven PL striker. Never scored more than 5 league goals in a season and just went 2023 without away goal. Proven eh

benjamin86

Established Member
The first response to the tweet sums up our fans. 30 million for proven PL striker. Never scored more than 5 league goals in a season and just went 2023 without away goal. Proven eh
I wouldn't describe either players as proven but the striker market is mad.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I wouldn't describe either players as proven but the striker market is mad.
We already been here with Holding. Good enough to be squad player. Can do a job and now can’t get near the palace. Only after nketiah leaves will it be clear how far off he actually is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final
Top Bottom