EFL Cup: Arsenal vs Nottingham Forest |Tuesday 24th September | KO 19:45 | Streams

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Rex Banter, Sep 22, 2019.

?

What will the result be

Poll closed Sep 24, 2019.
  1. Arsenal go through in 90 minutes

65.6%
  2. Arsenal go through in 120 mins or pens

6.6%
  3. Forest go through in 90 minutes

6.6%
  4. Arsenal go through in 120 mins or pens

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. OnlyOne shouldn’t be a Mod

6.6%
  6. OnlyOne should never be a Mod

14.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

Martinez

Chambers Holding Luiz Tierney

Smith-Rowe Willock

Özil [c]

Martinelli John-Jules Nelson

Bring both Holding and Tierney off at the hour mark. Full rests for Guendouzi and Aubameyang.

2. Hleb's Sirush

Hleb's Sirush Well-Known Member

This game comes just 48hrs after our last game. Don't start any of the players who started against Villa apart from Sokratis and maybe Saka. Nelson, ESR and Willock are almost guaranteed to start. Holding, Tierney and Bellerin will also play if they are fit. I really want to see Martinelli. As of now he hasn't really had a chance. It would be nice to see what he is capable of.

3. NieThePiet

NieThePiet Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

8 Teams played on Sunday, the only team, which only has one day for preparation? - Arsenal.

They're joking with us.

Rex Banter likes this.
  4. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

Martinez
    Chambers Holding Mavrapanos Tierney
    Willock Torreira
    ESR Özil Nelson
    Martinelli

That’s a super exciting team tbh. I’d love for Bellerin to start but his injury was much more severe than Tierney’s so maybe give him half an hour and take Tierney off after 60/70 mins.

I still wanna see what Dinos can do. He’s shown glimpses of class- he and Chambers were fantastic away at OT a couple of seasons ago. There’s potential there for sure.

Expecting the likes of Nelson and Willock to absolutely boss it. Will be interesting to see Martinelli up front- he’s got great movement and pace to burn.

Mad to think we play tomorrow having played yesterday, and will play again on Thursday. We’re gonna need as many bodies as possible. COYG!!

5. Wrighty4eva

Wrighty4eva Well-Known Member

So this is how we rolling now, we just gonna pretend like the forum isn't broken.

6. Hleb's Sirush

Hleb's Sirush Well-Known Member

We have developed a collective 'see no evil, hear no evil..' type of attitude as a defence mechanism.

There are no problems with the server.

Ricardinho likes this.
  7. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Tier 1 Height

8. berric

berric Well-Known Member

This + Holding, Martinez, and youngsters? Most anticipated game since the start of the season for me!

9. rich 1990

rich 1990 Men's Rights Activist

Potentially season changing this.

Camron, Ricardinho, Symbia and 4 others like this.
  10. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Tier 1 Height

Think many believe this, let's hope they have the desired affect we believe they will.

Means Tierney may start vs United also.

Symbia, Rex Banter and boxerumble like this.
  11. boxerumble

boxerumble Well-Known Member

I have extremely low expectations in Tierneys impact for at least several games. The guys hasn’t seen proper competition in months and playing with some of our pylons, I mean players may be a huge culture shock to him (real game situation, not training). Who knows... hoping he hits the ground running but we’ll see.

Rex Banter likes this.
  12. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Knows a guy who knows an ITK at Bristol Trusted

Don’t want Tierney or Bellerin playing at OT, they haven’t got through 90 minutes yet this season.

Emery’s going to have to be on it with the subs there so it’s a waste maybe having to use one on a full back.

Should go with the same back line as Sunday except fit Chambers in at either CB or RB. I hope Bournemouth is where we see the full back four of Héctor - Calum - Holding - KT

Red London, MutableEarth and Iceman10 like this.
  13. GDeep™

GDeep™ Bum Squad CEO

Not really. One is returning from his second major injury while the other hasn’t played a PL game is his life.

HollandGooner and Mitch like this.
  14. James Bond

James Bond Moderation Consultant

:drool::drool::drool:

15. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

Honestly a 30% fit Bellerin is a better option than AMN. Tierney’s style of play more than anything makes me believe he’ll be a hit here. He’s all or nothing.

Most Scotts would take Tierney over Robertson due to his versatility and his all round game. As @rich 1990, these pair coming back could change define our season... and Emery’s job.

Symbia likes this.
  16. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

I assume those of you suggesting we risk first-team players returning from injury in a game against clodhoppers in the least important tournament we are in are being ironic.

Ewarwoowar likes this.
  17. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

I am looking forward to seeing Chambers, Holding and our young attackers. Plus the first game of the season I've been able to go to.

Red London and HollandGooner like this.
  18. samshere

samshere Why so serieuse?

I'd rather they be risked in a deadend competition than in an high intensity PL match. Think of this as the next step in their rehabilitation.

Pepes blue pill likes this.
  19. Debre-Zeyit

Debre-Zeyit Active Member

Wtf we played Sunday and again 1 day later? Which other team that played on
    Sunday play today??

20. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

Just Haribo Cup things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.