EFL Cup: Arsenal vs Nottingham Forest |Tuesday 24th September | KO 19:45 | Streams

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Rex Banter, Sep 22, 2019.

?

What will the result be

Poll closed Sep 24, 2019.
  1. Arsenal go through in 90 minutes

65.6%
  2. Arsenal go through in 120 mins or pens

6.6%
  3. Forest go through in 90 minutes

6.6%
  4. Arsenal go through in 120 mins or pens

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. OnlyOne shouldn’t be a Mod

6.6%
  6. OnlyOne should never be a Mod

14.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rich 1990

rich 1990 Men's Rights Activist

Play the women in the Europa, ffs. Had enough of it. Playing teams like Queen Victoria fc does nothing for me.

2. Furious

Furious Xhaka Propagandist

It's how Emery gets his best win percentages trophies so they're relevant.

3. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Knows a guy who knows an ITK at Bristol Trusted

Look how small our squad is ffs, there’s going to be overlap even if he goes full U23 squad.

Besides, my point is on the scheduling. Even if it is a Mickey Mouse cup it’s scandalous Sky are making us play on a Monday. No other country tries to f*ck over it’s European teams so much.

4. gkoat

gkoat Well-Known Member

Our women have a real chance at winning, can't be wasting their time w our experiment

5. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Again with this poverty competition. play youngsters Mustafi Martinelli and Holdini

6. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

I don't get why people turn their noses up and hate on these cups. Extremely snobbish. We get to play against teams we don't usually play, see the younsgters and it ultimately means more games in the season to watch our beloved club. What is the issue?

Want to see Martinelli and Reiss given a good game.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    Pepes blue pill and krackpot like this.
  7. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

Maybe we can see Özil or Reiss in these easier home games.

8. Jasard

Jasard Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Lol other than Auba and Pepe that's better than the team we have been using so far this season.

NieThePiet, Symbia, Sanis and 3 others like this.
  9. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Give Bellerin and Tierney 60 minutes for this and start them on Monday

10. darkgunner

darkgunner Well-Known Member

Martinez

Chambers Mustafi Holding
    Nelson--------------------Saka

Torreira
    ESR - Özil - Willock

Martinelli

Subs: Leno, Luiz, Kolasinac, Ceballos, Burton, John-Jules

11. Pepes blue pill

Pepes blue pill Well-Known Member

Seeing wenger playing the youth was always exciting as hell, days of vela and co playing like there were the first team was beautiful

Mark Tobias likes this.
  12. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Exactly. No reason why we can't still enjoy this. I go through withdrawal in the off season. The more arsenal games per season the better off I am

zilfy and Pepes blue pill like this.
  13. Pepes blue pill

Pepes blue pill Well-Known Member

Yep and think tomorrows line up could be exciting, which is rare atm, just hope I can find a decent stream

Mark Tobias likes this.
  14. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap Well-Known Member

Could Miguel Azeez feature in this ? Or is it too much for him right now? My team would be:
    Martinez
    Bellerin (if fit)- Holding- Chambers- Tierney (if fit)
    Willock-Azeez
    Martinelli-ESR-Nelson/Saka (the other starts against United)
    TJJ

15. rich 1990

rich 1990 Men's Rights Activist

Banner'a got the date wrong in the title as well, ffs. Its the 24th.

In regards to the schedule, we play Sunday Tuesday, gap, Monday Thursday. I assumed this was Wednesday. The FA are as corrupt as fifa.

OnlyOne likes this.
  16. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Way too early for Azeez. Surprised he hasn't been fast tracked to U23s already given his stature but hes still an u18 player and the u18s aren't performing that well in the last few games anyway. I dont expect a first team appearance for Azeez until next season.

17. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap Well-Known Member

Alright then. I completely forgot about Burton and Olyayinka. They could feature instead rather than Willock

MutableEarth likes this.
  18. Wrighty4eva

Wrighty4eva Well-Known Member

I'd give balogun or john-jules a shout for this one, Martinelli and Reiss out wide...

19. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Probably Burton. Haven't seen Olayinka since start of the season. Even still, reckon Torreira and Willock will be the starters.

Me too. Think it should be John-Jules upfront personally but Balogun has 6 goals and 4 assists already this season. He is pretty close to featuring himself.

Wrighty4eva likes this.
  20. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan Trusted

Nelson Martinelli Pepe

Willock Torreira
    Guendouzi

Tierney David Luiz Chambers Mustafi
    Subs: Holding, Kolasinac, Ceballos, ESR, Saka, Aubameyang

Wouldn't use too many youngsters. I'd try and use the game to see if some tweaks like partnering David Luiz with Chambers, a more defensive option like Mustafi at RB and a midfield 3 give the team more structure and stability. Also there's a lot of guys like Ceballos, pepe, Torreira you could use any time on the pitch to find their footing.

Pepe has been fielded very often but the guy needs any change given so it finally pops for him with some output.

Auba obviously should get a rest, but he's still on my bench in any case. Martinelli I guess is the next closest to striker, so he'd be in for Auba. Nelson on the left for Saka with the latter on the bench.

Willock and Torreira as mobile options in front a a playmaking 6 Guendouzi. Another option would be to drop Torreira to 6 and start Ceballos instead of Guendouzi, especially arguing with game time: Matteo has been playing a lot and could surely use a game on the bench, while Ceballos is definitely at least in the squad and should play cause he still needs game time to find his footing in english football.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.