• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal v Aston Villa - 15/5/16, 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

dysphoria

Established Member
I can understand the frustration.
You should be doing better than you are.

And therefore I understand wanting Wenger to go from some fans.

However, I think PROTESTING for Wenger to leave is a real low blow considering what he's done for Arsenal.

And I also think some perspective is needed. yes it's been a frustrating season, but for a neutral looking in, a lot of Arsenal fans seem to be acting like it's been a horrendous season.

Some Sunday evening you'll be one of the best 3 teams in the country (maybe top 2). You'll be in the Champions League next season. You'll start next season in the knowledge that you have a chance in every competition you're in (a small chance in some cases, but still a chance)

It could be much much worse.

I've LITERALLY fogrotten what it's like to go to a game and not expect to lose.

Thanks mate, i think foreign owners who don't love thie clubs are a disgrace to football in general, worse still are those who are also inept and play it safe at the club's expense(how ironic). Unbelivable for me with villa and newcastle going down, they used to give us proper games.

McIntyre

Established Member
Not protest for the sacking of the best manager you've ever had.

Like I said, I understand wanting him out. I really do. I agree even. I think it's time for him to go.

But I just think he deserves more than the fans protesting. The vitriol and anger aimed at him just seems so misplaced to me.

Well, I guess we just disagree then. Because I think he very much deserves the protesting.

He has had free rein at this club for years and the fans stuck by him, accepting every explanation, buying every excuse, defending him from all his critics; and yet he has refused to change, continues to repeat the same failings and the club is stagnating as a result.

And there wouldn't be any need for protests if the fans had any hint that Wenger and the board acknowledge the real status of the club, the fans' frustrations and the obvious need for change.

Obviously, they don't. They gave Wenger another 3 years and the team has actually gone backwards in the two so far, performing worse in the League and making no improvement in the Champions League.

But we all know that they would happily hand him another contract, and he would be arrogant enough to sign it, unless they appreciate that there is genuine dissatisfaction with the situation at the club and that their self-indulgence would result in a backlash from a significant proportion of the fans.

The protests are, sadly, necessary.

Iceko

Wonder if you all agree with this.

The following players deserve(d) starting places in the team over the last run of games:

Wilshere over Ramsey
Coquelin over Elneny
Campbell over Iwobi
Chambers over Gabriel
Welbeck(when he was fit) over Giroud

That's a change for half the team and would leave us looking a completely different side. I think Wenger's ruined the team by sticking to some of his favorites.

Anyway I'm fully expecting Arsène to stick to his usual formation. With Welbeck now out the only question is who he'll stick on the flank opposite Alexis. He seems to genuinely hate bringing on Theo and especially Campbell. Judging by the last game it could be Wilshere coming in with him or Ramsey on the flank which I've always thought was a terrible idea..

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
@Stevo the Villan it's not really a case of fans arguing against Wenger because we didn't win a title this season, to be fair.
It's more the sum of neglecting obvious issues last summer by not signing an outfield player, and getting beaten to the title by Leicester City, while all the other Top teams were facing stability issues (in terms of management and their squads) - in contrast to us.

We had a settled squad, an experienced manager, buckets of cash to spend in both transfer windows, but find ourselves now beaten to the title by Leicester, as well as the prospect of finishing behind Spu*s for the very first time in Wenger's tenure.

Yeah, first world problems compared to Villa, but problems nonetheless.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
Fair enough.
You guys have to live it so you know better than me what's needed.
But that's the view I have looking in.

I don't even like Wenger so I don't really care if he's hounded out, just seems a shame to me that it might as a result of a revolution from the fans.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
@Stevo the Villan it's not really a case of fans arguing against Wenger because we didn't win a title this season, to be fair.
It's more the sum of neglecting obvious issues last summer by not signing an outfield player, and getting beaten to the title by Leicester City, while all the other Top teams were facing stability issues (in terms of management and their squads) - in contrast to us.

We had a settled squad, an experienced manager, buckets of cash to spend in both transfer windows, but find ourselves now beaten to the title by Leicester, as well as the prospect of finishing behind Spu*s for the very first time in Wenger's tenure.

Yeah, first world problems compared to Villa, but problems nonetheless.

We had issues too though in terms of stability and injuries yet still finished above our traditional competitors.

Where Arsenes mainly let himself down is tactically wise he hasn't been astute or flexible enough in certain matches and keeping faith in players who were hindering our play such as Ramsey & Giroud whom should've been benched for a few matches.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Injuries at this club aren't issues, they're part of the culture here already. You can't blame injuries every ****ing season.

Gooner n Proud

Injuries at this club aren't issues, they're part of the culture here already. You can't blame injuries every ****ing season.

In the past three seasons we've endured exceptional numbers of injuries to our players.
Before then, 2013, the club met all the targets every season so I wouldn't label those seasons failures.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
In the past three seasons we've endured exceptional numbers of injuries to our players.
Before then, 2013, the club met all the targets every season so I wouldn't label those seasons failures.
Maybe it is just me but I feel like since 2008 we have just had far too many injuries. At first I put it down to dumb luck but I have since changed my mind. Something is seriously wrong with our training or something.

Toast

Established Member

We never had injury problems pre-2013. How many more times are you going to bring this nonsense up? :lol:

Toast

Established Member
It's not about failures, it's about using that lame old injury excuse.

You sign/keep injury prone players - don't be surprised when they keep picking up injuries, and don't count on them as "new signings", like Wenger did.

giphy.gif

alboots101

Established Member
So we can still finish second, more likely third, now that Newcastle are relegated, I was really hoping Everton might get a result at Sunderland but that was obviously just plain crazy thinking.

I'm hoping Jack gets a start this weekend although he still seemed to be trying too hard v City and he seems to spend a lot of time on the floor, anyway that aside I just like seeing a player go at defenders instead of playing side to side possession football because let's face it as Liecester have proved you don't always have to keep the ball to win a game.

Losing Welbz is a gut wrencher, he's so unlucky I just can't get my hat on it and it'll definitely mean Grrrrrroud starts but hey he's back in form and did you see his touch for the Alexis goal, quite exquisite. I'm guessing we're gonna have to get used to the fact we're going to lose Sanchez this summer, bummer.

I think we'll win this game and I hope sp*rs lose because it'll enable a whole summer of taking the p*ss out of them.

Arsenal 4 Aston Villa 1

Ps,
Hiya Stevo, good to see you hanging about buddy and my condolences to you for being relegated, as far as I can tell and chatting to a couple of Villa fans at work, it almost seems like it was expected once you'd got off to a poor start this season, Lerners lack of investment seem to have let the Villa faithful down, anyway all the best for next season and I hope you come straight back up.

Gooner n Proud

We never had injury problems pre-2013. How many more times are you going to bring this nonsense up? :lol:

Of course we did. Diaby, Eduardo, Van Persie, Djourou, Rosicky, Fabregas many players missed large portions of past campaigns

Gooner n Proud

It's not about failures, it's about using that lame old injury excuse.

You sign/keep injury prone players - don't be surprised when they keep picking up injuries, and don't count on them as "new signings", like Wenger did.

Özil, Koscielny, Cazorla, Giroud, Coquelin and even Welbeck were never injury prone players but all of them have missed big chunks of the past two campaigns which has stifled our form during this period.

Toast

Established Member
Özil, Koscielny, Cazorla, Giroud, Coquelin and even Welbeck were never injury prone players but all of them have missed big chunks of the past two campaigns which has stifled our form during this period.

And you bring this up because.....?

Gooner n Proud

Very different from the injury situation between 2013-2016, right?

Theres no point even arguing with you because whenever me or that other poster Makingtrax give our opinion or show you facts about our poor injury record you claim it to be nonsense.

lyden

Well, I guess we just disagree then. Because I think he very much deserves the protesting.

He has had free rein at this club for years and the fans stuck by him, accepting every explanation, buying every excuse, defending him from all his critics; and yet he has refused to change, continues to repeat the same failings and the club is stagnating as a result.

And there wouldn't be any need for protests if the fans had any hint that Wenger and the board acknowledge the real status of the club, the fans' frustrations and the obvious need for change.

Obviously, they don't. They gave Wenger another 3 years and the team has actually gone backwards in the two so far, performing worse in the League and making no improvement in the Champions League.

But we all know that they would happily hand him another contract, and he would be arrogant enough to sign it, unless they appreciate that there is genuine dissatisfaction with the situation at the club and that their self-indulgence would result in a backlash from a significant proportion of the fans.

The protests are, sadly, necessary.
This!

Toast

Established Member
Theres no point even arguing with you because whenever me or that other poster Makingtrax give our opinion or show you facts about our poor injury record you claim it to be nonsense.

It's more accurate to say I tell you that bringing up injuries to excuse our failings is nonsense. And can you answer my question please? I'm genuinely curious as to why you keep bringing up injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Latest posts

Top Bottom