• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal v Liverpool- 24/08/15, 20:00. [SS1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
I'd settle for 3 points, but I really want us to destroy them. Boost confidence and make people wary of us.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
------------Giroud
Sanchez---Özil---Walcott
-----Cazorla---Coquelin---
------The usual four-------
---------------Cech-----

Walcott keeps defenders on their toes. It lets us do our thing more easy in the mid field. Giroud always scores against Pool.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Very optimistic hoping for Walcott to start on the right while Sanchez is here. Unless Walcott miraculously improves his all around game we won't see him on the right for a long, long time.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

The thing is - he doesn't really need to improve his overall game a whole lot, if at all.

His job SHOULD be to stick the ball in the back of the net - something he's very good at.

Of course his overall play should improve. It's as average as it comes. We can't carry him anymore, this isn't the Arsenal of Gervinho's and Santos'.

The guy came on against West Ham and didn't touch the ball once. Alexis who lacked sharpness played fewer minutes, and did ten times as much.

I don't know how this guy is rated so highly, and always in the people's starting line-ups. Does FA most of the time.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Think Walcott and Welbeck have swapped roles in the squad. Don't think we'll see Theo on the wings anymore unfortunately, barring injuries. Thing is though, if we get a new striker, what does that mean for Theo? He's now 3rd in line for ST on 140k a week? 4th in line for RW?

Theo's still a big part of this club in my view. We don't have anyone like him in the squad. Not exactly sure what his role is for the future though. Maybe Wenger is punishing him atm for longing out the contract again and his agent asking for high wages etc..He got this sort of treatment with the last contract saga didn't he?

blaze_of_glory

I find it very hard to believe that Wenger sees Theo as only a bit part player if he's been signed to that contract. I expect we'll start to see Theo start regularly as the season progresses.

But then I don't expect us to sign a striker.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
I find it very hard to believe that Wenger sees Theo as only a bit part player if he's been signed to that contract. I expect we'll start to see Theo start regularly as the season progresses.

But then I don't expect us to sign a striker.
Yeah i find it hard to believe as well. Ramsey is seemingly ahead of both Ox and Theo at RW. Theo's behind Giroud at ST and could well be behind Welbz when he returns too, although i'm not too sure about that.

It's not like we're waiting for Theo to recover from an injury atm or anything, he's had his rest from that and has been in fine goal scoring form since he started getting played again. It's strange.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
NOBODY GIVING US A CHANCE. COUTINHO/FERMINO/BENTEKE.. We're going to win, I'm confident.

1620292.jpg

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Of course his overall play should improve. It's as average as it comes. We can't carry him anymore, this isn't the Arsenal of Gervinho's and Santos'.

The guy came on against West Ham and didn't touch the ball once. Alexis who lacked sharpness played fewer minutes, and did ten times as much.

I don't know how this guy is rated so highly, and always in the people's starting line-ups. Does FA most of the time.

Theo's job is to make runs for the likes of Özil to find - I don't care if he doesn't touch the ball for 89 minutes (okay slight exaggeration) as long as he's causing defenders to be out of position or drop deep giving our midfield more space in between the lines.

We have far too many players who want the ball at their feet and yet barely make any off the ball runs.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think they'll end up with a flukey draw, a horrible deflected Milner shot early on before we pressure the entire game and nick a goal back from Ox late on.

Emibury

I think we will win 2-0 without playing particularly well. Liverpool will control quite a bit of the game, but create few chances. We will be clinical and create 4-5 good chances and put a couple away.

Teams have so easy time against us at our home ground lately.

Liverpool usually is our ***** at our home ground but something seems off in the force this season. Not expecting much here.

0-0 draw or 0-1 lose after some fluke goal from Coutinho or Benteke.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
NOBODY GIVING US A CHANCE. COUTINHO/FERMINO/BENTEKE.. We're going to win, I'm confident.

Milner/Lallana /Henderson/entire defence....you shouldn't be.

We're not going to **** up two home games in a row. You haven't conceded yet so, by law of me, you'll ship a few here. Prepare for a roasting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom