• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal vs. Southampton - Tuesday 02/02/16 - 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Bringing on Coquelin earlier might have been a better idea I agree. Although remember during that 20 min spell in the 2nd half when we started to put immense pressure on Southampton and it looked like we would score any moment until Fonte got that gash?

I think Wenger saw we were attacking really well and wanted to keep that going. Afterwards we never recovered our rhythm and he threw in Coq to keep that point.
Go back and watch the first 40 minutes of that second half. Watch Flamini and imagine Coq in his stead.

Jamrock

And people are more excited about Özil's first touch than him scoring.. Özil himself has got to take resposibility for his poor finishing, everyone gets stick when they miss.

Anyway. Spuds are now ahead of us, they score loads and have looked like a teams all season, we on the other side have looked do disjointed all season.

What a frustrating day of football. Out of the top 6 are in bad form, no wins in how many games now?

Urgh!!!!!!!

nmn

As unreliable he is, I'm actually looking forward to the return of Welbeck. He'll provide us with a lot more than Walcott or Chamberlain are giving us at the moment.

We should have loaned out Chamberlain last month, he's not ready to start for Arsenal this season.
Welbeck can be an important addition to the team. Last season he seemed to connect well with Sanchez and Özil.

Jaywood Mac

Just you wait until we back within a game from the top, and then clear. These same clowns will be gagging at Wenger's balls.

I swear sometimes I wonder how long you been watching football. Arsenal **** up yeah, buts its far too early to be on **** watch ffs.
Yeah just wait till Wenger proves us wrong again like he does every year and storms from nowhere to take the title with a team brimming full of confidence, steel and bottle. I really do wonder why this place is so negative.....

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
People are slagging off Flamini but fact is we didn't drop points because of him. If anything, Ramsey was more of the culprit because he just can't pay that role of linking defence to attack.

Walcott needs to be dropped. Urgently. Iwobi/Ox ahead of him.

Campbell had a bad game but he's been great for us this season. Allow him one bad game.

Oh, Ramsey was sh*te as well, and has been since he took centre midfield, but less obviously so.

General

Established Member
Foster made the saves you expect a PL level keeper to make. A lot of it looked dramatic but on replay were regular saves. I didn't even think our finishing was that bad and a lot of it were half chances or from bad angles. I think the Özil one in the first half was created by world class ball control and the keeper made himself big. We never truly opened up Southampton or mounted consistent pressure. All the attacks came from wide ( we know why ) and made it easier to defend. We've seen this all before and usually we end up losing 1-0 after over committing.

Gooner_Delhi

2015 - Best team in England
2016 - Laughing Stock!

Giroud - I hate it when he misses and makes those stupid faces

Walcott - Absolutely useless, i no longer expect him to do anything on a pitch

Ramsey - Just running, where the f**k is his shooting ability of 2 yrs ago?

Özil - Some nice touches, but still easily blocked

Flamini - Very Very average player

Only Cech, Monreal, Özil & Sanchez can hold their head high today .. We can still win the league but really its high time we pick up some momentum .. :(

Gooner_girl14

The performance was decent but finishing poor. I don't want to overreact, but that familiar feeling of the team collapsing one way or another (either through insurmountable injuries or dire form) is in full swing.

Midfield non existent again; why did he buy Elneny if he cannot displace Flamini? Flamini has clearly played too much (considering he's our fourth choice) and is well past it.

Still, I think this performance is at least better than the past 2 games against Stoke and Chelsea, and we are creating chances. Should have broken the bank for Aubemayang. I find it hard to believe that the absolute best Wenger could have done over the past two windows is Cech and Elneny. Stubborn miser.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

We will come into form, and it will be too late. Like every time. We are a Joke. ****test BPL ever and we are just as ****.

blaze_of_glory

It is really disappointing we've been doing worse since coming out of the xmas period when were were short bodies and still getting results.

Despite what people say, this is far from over (yes, it is, simply due to the nature of how time must pass and events must actually occur in the real world and not just in your imagination), but we need to sort things out pretty much immediately. Everything is still well within reach but we can't let it slip farther away.

Marmaduke

The performance was decent but finishing poor. I don't want to overreact, but that familiar feeling of the team collapsing one way or another (either through insurmountable injuries or dire form) is in full swing.

Midfield non existent again; why did he buy Elneny if he cannot displace Flamini? Flamini has clearly played too much (considering he's our fourth choice) and is well past it.

Still, I think this performance is at least better than the past 2 games against Stoke and Chelsea, and we are creating chances. Should have broken the bank for Aubemayang. I find it hard to believe that the absolute best Wenger could have done over the past two windows is Cech and Elneny. Stubborn miser.

What a well balanced post. Thank you, and I really do mean it.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Hey I'll take Coq all day over Flamini don't get me wrong :lol:, as useless as he was though we were playing decent stuff for a bit even with his finger pointing.

We really weren't. Don;t underestimate a stable midfield in lending stability and calm to our attack. When everyone is in a panic trying to get the ball safely to the opposition box, that anxiety, and panic translates into the finishing. When the team is in disarray at the start of the forward movement, that disarray translates into the final third.

Calm and composure is a vital, crucial, currency on the pitch. Control of pace and flow.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Yeah just wait till Wenger proves us wrong again like he does every year and storms from nowhere to take the title with a team brimming full of confidence, steel and bottle. I really do wonder why this place is so negative.....

Let the season run its course mate. This is not match day 37, we not even at 27.

We have players in our team, who can turn **** on.

Charisma

Did anyone notice the large hole in the middle of the midfield between Özil who was playing behind the striker and the defence?

Complete **** to play Ramsey and Flamini against Barcelona. Messi will exploit that space and run from deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom