• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal vs. Southampton - Tuesday 02/02/16 - 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
The performance was decent but finishing poor. I don't want to overreact, but that familiar feeling of the team collapsing one way or another (either through insurmountable injuries or dire form) is in full swing.

Midfield non existent again; why did he buy Elneny if he cannot displace Flamini? Flamini has clearly played too much (considering he's our fourth choice) and is well past it.

Still, I think this performance is at least better than the past 2 games against Stoke and Chelsea, and we are creating chances. Should have broken the bank for Aubemayang. I find it hard to believe that the absolute best Wenger could have done over the past two windows is Cech and Elneny. Stubborn miser.

Great post amongst the dross tonight. But takes nothing away from its quality.

We ****ed up tonight, no doubt about it, but we in a rut and we are a momentum based unit. The concern is us losing momentum at the wrong times of the year, but this is not the wrong time of the year, just yet.

Marmaduke

We really weren't. Don;t underestimate a stable midfield in lending stability and calm to our attack. When everyone is in a panic trying to get the ball safely to the opposition box, that anxiety, and panic translates into the finishing. When the team is in disarray at the start of the forward movement, that disarray translates into the final third.

Also a stable back four. I like Gabriel but man did he have some dodgy moments today. Its ok to carry one passenger but a couple players didn't bring their A game.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Here's a sign:
Tom Ede– ‏@TomEde1
When we won the league in 2001/02, the last points we dropped were at home to Southampton on 2nd Feb

Funny enough, our loss to Southampton at home, new years day 2015, kicked off our fantastic run as well.

And who can forget our "negative spiral".

We been here before chaps, the only difference is that we in for the big boy this time.

Reactions: A_G

Impact

Established Member
Gabriel can't build. Flamini can't build. Ramsey can't build. That 3 out of our 4 deepest central players. You can't expect much if that's the case. Really really missing Cazorla. Not because he's world class but because without Wilshere, he is the only one that can do what we need.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I think people are going over the top with the league being done and dusted knee jerk reactions. City are only 2 points ahead of us and seeing as we beat them in the last two league matches I am confident against them. Also we put five past the Foxes, so again I am confident of turning them over. This confidence is based on the theory that Wenger has learned the error of his ways of playing Flamsey and will drop them.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Usmanov watching this sh*t show:
tumblr_n7g33zlPsI1td0mfho1_1280.jpg

Jamrock

I hope they all leave in the summer and I'll support them wherever they go. They all deserve better. The rest of them should go drink the water in Michigan.
Bull... They are part of our team and how come they did not get us the 3 points today? Everyone in the team should take the blame, its them on the pitch, they are the highest paid in our team too apart fron Monreal.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Also a stable back four. I like Gabriel but man did he have some dodgy moments today. Its ok to carry one passenger but a couple players didn't bring their A game.

Really? Gabriel was a problem for you but our midfield of Flamini & Ramsey was alright? All in defence of Wenger :lol:

Yeah, OK.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Gabriel can't build. Flamini can't build. Ramsey can't build. That 3 out of our 4 deepest central players.

Bellerin can't build. Campbell can't receive a ball with his back to goal because to save his live. Giroud is ****. etc, etc.

Wenger has killed us again. No midfielder, no striker. Everyone saw this coming.

Jaywood Mac

Let the season run its course mate. This is not match day 37, we not even at 27.

We have players in our team, who can turn **** on.
I'd love to have your optimism now. I've had it for most of the season even though this place has been downbeat. But its got to the stage where its just too much. This team has failed too many times this season already. If they had any of the qualities nessesary to go on and take the title we would've seem glimpses of it by now. This arsenal side is as frail as I've seen and we've been frail a lot the last 10 years.

blaze_of_glory

The performance was decent but finishing poor. I don't want to overreact, but that familiar feeling of the team collapsing one way or another (either through insurmountable injuries or dire form) is in full swing.

Midfield non existent again; why did he buy Elneny if he cannot displace Flamini? Flamini has clearly played too much (considering he's our fourth choice) and is well past it.

Still, I think this performance is at least better than the past 2 games against Stoke and Chelsea, and we are creating chances. Should have broken the bank for Aubemayang. I find it hard to believe that the absolute best Wenger could have done over the past two windows is Cech and Elneny. Stubborn miser.
Having Flamini start is incredibly frustrating. But seems Elneny was not up to playing so soon after playing the full 90 on the weekend. Needs to get in better shape if that's the case.

General

Established Member
The league is far from over and we are very much in it. I just don't trust Wenger to make the right calls and take the calculated risks needed to win the title, so even if we find ourselves in a good position again I expect eventual disappointment will follow. You look at Aguero and Pelegrini throws him straight at the deep end the moment he is fit. The end result is he's hauled City right back into contention. Wenger is far too conservative and just hasn't managed to rediscover the killer instinct of his title winning years. He still pursues a failed philosophy where pragmatism is required and it's having another devastating effect on our season.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Gabriel and Koscielny pairing were quite unbalanced. They both did several simple errors.
This is either from fact that Flamsey were skateboarding around or the pressure not to concede on Soton counters

sammyvine

I think people are going over the top with the league being done and dusted knee jerk reactions. City are only 2 points ahead of us and seeing as we beat in the last two league meeting I am confident against them. Alos we put five past the Foxes, so again I am confident of turning them over. This confidence is based on the theory that Wenger has learned the error of his ways of playing Flamsey and will drop them.
City are running into some form now....Aguero looks on fire as well....after looking slow coming back from injury

As much as the Pep news may make city rest on their laurels since another manager will be coming in...i actually think that this can give them more incentive to work harder and win the league...

alot of their players will be playing for their futures. Pep is known to be ruthless and I am sure he will be keeping an eye on whose performing and who isn't. Some of their 'average players' will want to impress before being shipped out.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Bull... They are part of our team and how come they did not get us the 3 points today? Everyone in the team should take the blame, its them on the pitch, they are the highest paid in our team too apart fron Monreal.
Cech made every save he needed to, Monreal made zero mistakes and Alexis and Özil created all of our best chances. Those 4 are supposed to pick up the slack for the other 7? I don't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom