• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL – Arsenal vs Tottenham – 1:30pm – 26/02/12 - SS1

yuvken

Established Member
Yes, there is that atmosphere... reminded me of chelsea. Terry on his knees, king bricking it - they all know why.

I can't stop watching the game, the goals, and mostly, I can't erase that idiotic smile off my face.
gotta work, can't do a thing :lol: .
(and the sounds and songs keep ringing in my ears... Adebayor what's the score, Adebayor what's the score).

mo50

Established Member
Regarding the chants, I swear I heard one about Redknapp and taxes. Anyone manage to pick it up?

ebouenolike

Established Member
@FootballAgenda Had Bale got a yellow card for his dive yesterday he'd have set a Premier League record of 3 cautions for diving in one season. #thfc #afc

Not a surprise.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
Now that he's finally been found out what a cheating chimp he is, he'll get a booking against Utd after one of the Silva bastards takes him to the cleaners where he truly belongs.

eye4goal

Established Member
mo50 said:
Regarding the chants, I swear I heard one about Redknapp and taxes. Anyone manage to pick it up?

He pays tax when he waaaaaaaants. Harry Redknapp. Pays tax when he waaaants

Kenyonhater

Check the "Let's all still laugh at Tottenham" thread in Football Talk for my selection of highlights from the Glory-Glory Official Match Thread.

ricky1985

Established Member
fabo said:
Thought Gibbs had a decent match, nothing more. Can remember a few dodgy moments defensively.

After re-watching the Bale dive again, I really think Szczesny has to be out there claiming that ball. He had more than enough time to read the situation and kill the danger. Bale dived but in real time it's hard to criticise the ref I think. Szczesny's indecision gave Bale a chance to con the ref, so I'm partially blaming him for that incident.
I think you're always pretty harsh on Szczesny.

Gibbs should have had that ball covered, he was well positioned, he just got out-muscled by Bale. I wouldn't even say outpaced btw - he just wasn't strong enough when it came to a shoving match.

In my opinion, it would have been an unnecessary gamble given Gibbs' starting position for Szczesny to go as early as you're asking for. I guarantee Freidel wouldn't have come out in the same situation (in fact, as solid as Freidel is, he rarely comes for anything. Which means he makes less mistakes but is a lot less brave and proactive in his goalkeeping).

I thought it was another game where Szczesny did next to nothing wrong and still bizarrely came away from the game having conceded 2 goals. And I think that's been the story of his season; his performances have been far better than the stats would tell you. I think he has held up remarkably well this season in the circumstances. Hopefully we give the guy better protection in the coming seasons than he has had this.

Anyway, Szczesny's thrilled with his first win over the ****:

“The last two games at home we have scored 12 goals,” he said. “It just shows you what we can do when we are on the front foot and we can really go for it. Hopefully we can learn from that and repeat it all over again.

“You could see that once we started playing well, the fans got behind us and gave us a lot of support. I am sure they enjoyed the game as well so we are very pleased for them because we have let them down in the last couple of weeks.

“We needed that performance not only for us but for them as well.

“It is brilliant [from a fan’s perspective], I was buzzing. Every single goal felt better than the previous one and I was celebrating quite energetically I think.

“I loved it. For me as an Arsenal fan to beat Tottenham - it is the first time I have beaten them as well - it is just great.”

You just gotta love him. So pleased we have him.

eye4goal

Established Member
fabo said:
After re-watching the Bale dive again, I really think Szczesny has to be out there claiming that ball. He had more than enough time to read the situation and kill the danger. Bale dived but in real time it's hard to criticise the ref I think. Szczesny's indecision gave Bale a chance to con the ref, so I'm partially blaming him for that incident.

If Szczesney came out he'd clear it, but that would be through luck rather than good judgement. It only looks that way because Gibbs tussled with Bale and slowed him down. As the pass was made, Bale was definitely favourite

mistaT

Established Member
eye4goal said:
mo50 said:

He pays tax when he waaaaaaaants. Harry Redknapp. Pays tax when he waaaants

Even better was hearing the 'Lasagna' song sung out again....been a while since that's broken out.

Once more - I F'N love Sagna, what a game from him....he literally ran the right flank non stop all game :shock:

Shadow Moses

Established Member
5-2-haha-570x250.jpg
:lol: :lol: :lol:

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Shadow Moses said:

This one is even better.

Make sure to send it to all your Sp*rs supporting mates.

<a class="postlink" href="http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/8536/arsenaltottenhamscore.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/8536 ... mscore.jpg</a>

fabo

6.51 / 10
ricky1985 said:
I think you're always pretty harsh on Szczesny.

Tbh Rick, I think the majority of the Forum let ALOT of stuff slide where Szczesny's concerned. Possibly because he talks a big game and is a fan, and we don't want to see Almunia ever again. I'd struggle to rate his season higher than a 6/10 at this stage tbh.

Realistically, the problems I highlighted months ago seem to rear their head most weeks - positional problems, set-piece/aerial struggles, anticipating danger and coming out at the right times, decision-making.

On the Bale dive, the ball travels a long way from Modric's boot and nobody has it under control until a couple of feet inside the box, so for me, the Bale/Gibbs tussle becomes a minor detail.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Just realized that you had 4-5 men in the box when Rosicky scored.

Impressive and a trend that should be continued. Been a problem for a long time. Could make Walcott 5 times more dangerous from the wing as well if he could get in behind the FBs and cross it in with lots of targets instead of just RVP.

Cruisio

Established Member
Same with the Sagna goal

We really should be looking to get more men in the box, I know its a dangerous play and we've been caught on the counter many times in the past, but we're bad at defending anyway, we might as well try to maximise our chances of scoring if we're going to remain terrible at the back

Floating

Established Member
Dokaka said:
Just realized that you had 4-5 men in the box when Rosicky scored.

Impressive and a trend that should be continued. Been a problem for a long time. Could make Walcott 5 times more dangerous from the wing as well if he could get in behind the FBs and cross it in with lots of targets instead of just RVP.

Exactly mate.

Having players making runs into the box scores goals. There was no better example of that than Rosicky's goal.

We created a 5 v. 4 situation in the blink of an eye and completely overwhelmed the box. If Rosicky missed Sagna's cross, Theo and Van Persie were both on the goalline for a tap-in.

It was lovely to see, I hope we continue to play like that.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom