• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL – Arsenal vs Tottenham – 1:30pm – 26/02/12 - SS1

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Floating said:
Dokaka said:
Just realized that you had 4-5 men in the box when Rosicky scored.

Impressive and a trend that should be continued. Been a problem for a long time. Could make Walcott 5 times more dangerous from the wing as well if he could get in behind the FBs and cross it in with lots of targets instead of just RVP.

Exactly mate.

Having players making runs into the box scores goals. There was no better example of that than Rosicky's goal.

We created a 5 v. 4 situation in the blink of an eye and completely overwhelmed the box. If Rosicky missed Sagna's cross, Theo and Van Persie were both on the goalline for a tap-in.

It was lovely to see, I hope we continue to play like that.

Thinking about it a bit further, isn't it what Man Utd does all the time really?

They seem to get an abnormal amount of goals from random crosses, thus being labelled as unbelieveably lucky.

Think it's more down to wanting it than luck. If this is a sign for the future, Ramsey could actually play efficiently as an AM if most of the play goes down the flanks and he just looks for space in the box.

Interesting stuff really. Hope Wenger noticed.

AFC-Phil

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhN5WcjWvTI&feature=g-all-lik&context=G217a971FAAAAAAAAAAA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhN5WcjW ... AAAAAAAAAA</a>

DiamondGooner

Established Member
Dokaka said:
Thinking about it a bit further, isn't it what Man Utd does all the time really?

Yes it's called having the desire to win games and destroy your opponents, Fergie drills that into his team, we need some of that more often.

eye4goal

Established Member
Dokaka said:
Floating said:
Dokaka said:
Just realized that you had 4-5 men in the box when Rosicky scored.

Impressive and a trend that should be continued. Been a problem for a long time. Could make Walcott 5 times more dangerous from the wing as well if he could get in behind the FBs and cross it in with lots of targets instead of just RVP.

Exactly mate.

Having players making runs into the box scores goals. There was no better example of that than Rosicky's goal.

We created a 5 v. 4 situation in the blink of an eye and completely overwhelmed the box. If Rosicky missed Sagna's cross, Theo and Van Persie were both on the goalline for a tap-in.

It was lovely to see, I hope we continue to play like that.

They seem to get an abnormal amount of goals from random crosses, thus being labelled as unbelieveably lucky.

Think it's more down to wanting it than luck. If this is a sign for the future, Ramsey could actually play efficiently as an AM if most of the play goes down the flanks and he just looks for space in the box.

Interesting stuff really. Hope Wenger noticed.

City do it too. They took United apart at Old Trafford by over-loading the wide areas. Silva does most of his playmaking from the flanks. I'd like to see Wilshere develop into a similar type of playmaker.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Rosicky vs 5pur2

Great performance, there's only 2/3 times when he gets the ball in the whole match that he doesn't immediately turn to face their goal and look to create something and they were when we were winning and starting to slow the tempo.

mistaT

Established Member
Not that I needed the video to remind me, but Rosicky really is a tidy player when he's on.

Love how he receives the ball and with his first touch sets it for a forward pass. Ramsey unfortunately still needs the first two touch's just to get the ball controlled which means he's not looking or able to play a pass till his third touch far too often.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Yes. Rosicky has an immaculate first touch and an extremely underrated/unnoticed burst of pace. I hope he continues to boss games because he's let us down so many times by hiding.

Anzac

Established Member
Quicker than Walcott said:
Yes. Rosicky has an immaculate first touch and an extremely underrated/unnoticed burst of pace. I hope he continues to boss games because he's let us down so many times by hiding.

At Dortmund he was one of the better attacking AMC's in Europe,
just as AA was in a slightly different role more as a SS.
Both cam here & were played almost exclusively on the flanks.

How often have either been played as AMC when the likes of Cesc, Diaby, Nasri & Rambo have been available (other than for the Cup team)?

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom