• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Chelsea v Arsenal - 19/09/15 - 12:45pm - BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
How do we reckon Chelsea are going to set up? I think 2 DMs with Cesc dropped as he started last night. Maybe Oscar starting as their AM

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

We rarely look like we have any real plan. We certainly never look like we target a teams weaknesses. I don't remember the last time we pinpointed a certain full back or something.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I always thought that if there isn't a good striker available, move Theo to the center and buy the best available wide player. Like I said, I like Ox but he has really shown nothing to justify us counting on him on the right hand side. Then again, neither has Cambell. I honestly have no clue if he has anything to offer to us. Maybe the Chelsea game isn't the best time to find it out.
Did you not see Campbell last night? He was quality. I counted 3 world class passes to set up goal-scoring chances.

He's actually creative, and technical, with a fantastic left foot. I'm so for him having a run of games at RW, or even ST.

Class player, who won't get a fair chance here.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

After yesterday, that's not going to be hard to figure out. Giroud, Arteta, Gibbs, Debuchy and Ox will be benched and we go into the game exactly like we did against Stoke.
Tactics as well. I want us to go with

Alexis Giroud Walcott
Özil
Coquelin Ramsey
Monreal Koscielny Gabriel Bellerin
Cech

Play on the counter, put our four top scorers on the pitch, don't over pass be more direct, more forward passes. I have little faith Wenger will set us up right and less faith he will instruct the team on how-to win this one.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
------------------Cech
Bellerin-Gabriel-Koscielny-Monreal
---------Coquelin-Cazorla
----------------Ramsey
Walcott---------Özil----------Alexis

Subs: Ospina, Debuchy, Gibbs, Arteta, Chamberlain, Giroud, Campbell

Controversial, but I thought that Özil was better up top than Giroud in the period he played there after Giroud's sending off.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Lots of confidence on the Chelsea boards.

I struggle to think of anything that makes me happier than beating Arsenal, even when it happens so frequently. It is the gift that just keeps on giving.

We need to start winning and they are the best team for that. The easiest.

Finally, an easy win coming up.

We should compile all these messages and send them to the Arsenal dressing room.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
------------------Cech
Bellerin-Gabriel-Koscielny-Monreal
---------Coquelin-Cazorla
----------------Ramsey
Walcott---------Özil----------Alexis

Subs: Ospina, Debuchy, Gibbs, Arteta, Chamberlain, Giroud, Campbell

Controversial, but I thought that Özil was better up top than Giroud in the period he played there after Giroud's sending off.

Özil has improved his movement off the ball since being here and he certainly is an accomplished finisher when he gets the chance he usually scores. Wouldn't be against it but would prefer Arteta in midfield over Cazorla.

Last edited:

Wilshere's Right

I think we need to drop cazorla and play Ramsey. Keep ox out on the wings or even Campbell. If it's going wrong then bring santi on for the winger and swap him with Ramsey to our usual team. My other thought would be to go 4-1-2-2-1

Cech
Hector Gabriel Kos Nacho
Coq
Ramsey Özil
Ox Sanchez
Theo

Hector and Nacho are good enough to protect the pockets.

Balance is key

Griezmann ? he turned us down for Athletico .

He is French and on 50k/week + he had a reasonable buyout clause

If he is out of our league - why should we even waste our time with Benzema ?

he is exactly the kind of player we should have went all out for

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

He is French and on 50k/week + he had a reasonable buyout clause

If he is out of our league - why should we even waste our time with Benzema ?

he is exactly the kind of player we should have went all out for

Dude we were in for him last summer , he preferred Atletico . No one said he is out of our league . We were in for Pedro too couldn't get him either . We got Alexis who is better than both .

Balance is key

Dude we were in for him last summer , he preferred Atletico . No one said he is out of our league . We were in for Pedro too couldn't get him either . We got Alexis who is better than both .

triple wages makes people do a lot of funny thing - its not like we couldnt pay him 150k, but he might not be motivated by money - there are a few players like that - not many though.

eye4goal

Established Member
The sides that beat Chelsea so far were clinical, and also defended very well on the set-pieces(Everton defended 14 corners and a handful of free-kicks comfortably). I doubt we'll be either of that come Saturday especially with Giroud unlikely to start. Our best hope is to play a city away like 4-3-3 with Ramsey-Coq-Cazorla in midfield and Alexis-Giroud-Theo in attack.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

It's annoying because I can't see anything but a Chelsea win. Maybe a draw, 0-0. I just have no confidence atm, yeah we beat them in the CS but we seem a completely different team. Our main man Alexis hasn't had the best start to the season either which is a slight concern. Been giving the ball away a lot and losing out to defenders to often. Theres a select few who have been consistant all season, one being Özil. But when your strikers aren't scoring it doesn't help at all. Really not confident for this game, however I remember the way we started against them in the CS, high energy attack, everyone looking ****ing buzzed to be playing and wanting to smash Chelsea, was a lovely sight to see. We went straight on the attack and got the crowed going and the Chelsea players worried. We start like that and I think we can win. However I think we'll look slow and sluggish as if our players don't want to be there

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Them losing Pedro and Willian is good news for us, unless their youth players turn out to be red hot. Just have to mark Costa and Hazard out the game.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Begovic, Dave, Cahill, Terry, Baba, Ramires, Matic, Oscar, Cesc, Hazard, Costa.

Expect the usual at Chelsea, anything else is a bonus then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright

Latest posts

Top Bottom