• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL – Everton vs Arsenal – 7:45pm – 28/11/12

blaze_of_glory

Taylor Gang Gunners said:
We can't be that bad, We've been to Goodison, Old Trafford, Eithad, Britannia, Anfield and Upton Park and only lost once. Admittedly we haven't won too many games but the 'fragile' Arsenal sides of the past may have lost a couple of them games.

We can see the individual quality in our players, but we just aren't clicking, at all. We need to build up our understanding and quickly, players are making runs and the passes are going in opposite directions! Also, a DM to play alongside Arteta may be a necessity, it seems as if he's been found out in that role.

Very good point. We've had a very tough first part of the season and are still in position to move up the table quite quickly by beating the teams in the relatively easier run coming up.

Airknight

Established Member
In theory Walcott and his good crossing helps Giroud, but then Walcott goes to the center, pushes Giroud somewhere else and both become irrelevant, that's 2/3 of our strike force. And when the other third is someone who does more for the midfield like Ramsey, we end up without someone to actually start shooting and put threat on their keeper.

Defensive wise Arteta has too much to do by himself and it seems there always have to be someone nervous/poor on his passing and covering, this time was Per. Fellaini bossed the first half because he could move the play wherever he wished, attacked the right when Sagna went forward and with his teammates' pressing got himself a cheap goal.

MaestroCesc

Airknight said:
Szcz - 6 Did ok today
Sagna - 5.5 Strange game for him, poor by his standards imo.
Per - 3 He keeps being made a mockery by every single attacker that faces him.
Kos - 0 :(
Verms - 5 Gave too much space at times

Arteta - 4 Was predictably dominated by Fellaini's game.
Wilshere - 6 Best midfielder, had some good ideas at times
Cazorla - 4 Lost and couldn't influence the game, tired.

Ramsey - 5 Some cool stuff, keeps disrupting the tempo though
Giroud - 4 Forgettable performance
Theo - 4 Did his goal and dissapeared

Gibbs - 6 Did well offering support
Gervinho - 4 Barely saw the ball but could have done better the couple of times he had it
Coquelin - NA
You having a laugh? He had a stormer! Best game of the season for Vermaelen, made some very crucial interceptions and tackles. He was our best player maybe even MOTM.

That Coquelin cross at the end was dismal, Sagna was wide on the right instead he hoofed it forward to no one, at least come on and do one thing good thats twice he has wasted good opportunites in the last minute

musicmonkey

Established Member
Reasonable point, don't think anyone has managed better (think the commentator said we were the last to win there or something?). Some unusually poor performances from Cazorla and i thought Sagna. Why is there only one player in the four on the wings who seems to be able to put even a half decent ball in? The one cross we put near Giroud almost goes in.

leo_ense

Established Member
blaze_of_glory said:
We can't be that bad, We've been to Goodison, Old Trafford, Eithad, Britannia, Anfield and Upton Park and only lost once. Admittedly we haven't won too many games but the 'fragile' Arsenal sides of the past may have lost a couple of them games.

We can see the individual quality in our players, but we just aren't clicking, at all. We need to build up our understanding and quickly, players are making runs and the passes are going in opposite directions! Also, a DM to play alongside Arteta may be a necessity, it seems as if he's been found out in that role.

Very good point. We've had a very tough first part of the season and are still in position to move up the table quite quickly by beating the teams in the relatively easier run coming up.

There's no denying we've had a tough start and the away exploits haven't been too bad, but it isn't good enough we need to start putting points up on the board. Reality is we should have won against Villa, Fulham and Norwich and then maybe these results don't look so bad. Swansea has to be a victory on Saturday and I'm sure Wenger and the players are feeling the pressure now. A poor performance and the weekend and the already drained atmosphere at the emirates will be downright poisonous.

Giroud

Established Member
Kos finally got a good run of games together and started to show some form and now he's injured. Unfortunately for him he's had a badly disrupted season.

Lack of quality up front costing us again and a proper energetic ball winner would be a huge boost.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i think we need just recall the best player in the world yeah i mean bendtner he not getting games at juve cuz quagliarella and vunicic ahead of him, i know that how am depressing right now but he is good player put him on the bench at least we will have a STRIKER on the bench.

Invincible

Established Member
So Everton, a club that houses no more than 37k are able to compete with us? I thought the new 60k bowl we built was meant to enable us to compete with the "elite of football"?

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
While I agree in principal with this and the point about us being soft or fragile, unfortunately we've not looked much better at home, against pretty much everyone. We'll know soon enough as our next 2 home games are against good, albeit 'overachieving', teams. I still have us for the top-4 fwiw.

perspolis

Invincible said:
So Everton, a club that houses no more than 37k are able to compete with us? I thought the new 60k bowl we built was meant to enable us to compete with the "elite of football"?

ManUre score in minute one and go on to win 1-0

Arsenal score in minute one and go on to tie 1-1

And yet we wonder why the prik RVP wanted to leave?

This was the worst 24 million pound Arsenal has ever ever made! Possibly will go down as the most humiliating transfer ever if ManUre win the league (which they definitely will).

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Invincible said:

Don't take it to heart, even Manure with their 75k toilet bowl can't compete with Everton.

perspolis said:

Leading at home vs West Ham is the same as leading at Goodison, right?

By your childish logic I guess we're even better than Manure, since we got a point at Everton and they didn't, and we won by two goals difference AT West Ham when they only won 1-0 at home!

This was the worst 24 million pound Arsenal has ever ever made! Possibly will go down as the most humiliating transfer ever if ManUre win the league (which they definitely will).

:lol: Why don't you go on redcafe then to celebrate already with the ****s?

23AndreyArshavin

Established Member
jones said:
leo_ense said:
Apparently Wenger told French tv he will sign 2 players. I already know its Diaby and Henry on a one month loan.

Source?
Samuel ‏@samuelj29060

Other positive today is that Wenger told French TV Henry likely to be coming back and he plans to sign 2 other players. (if you missed it).

Won't sign what we need, someone who can win us a game with one chance.

blaze_of_glory

leo_ense said:
blaze_of_glory said:

There's no denying we've had a tough start and the away exploits haven't been too bad, but it isn't good enough we need to start putting points up on the board. Reality is we should have won against Villa, Fulham and Norwich and then maybe these results don't look so bad. Swansea has to be a victory on Saturday and I'm sure Wenger and the players are feeling the pressure now. A poor performance and the weekend and the already drained atmosphere at the emirates will be downright poisonous.

Agreed completely, it has definitely not been good enough for the exact reasons you mention. But its hardly the complete disaster that some make it out to be, and the team has shown that they can perform against tougher opposition.

There is plenty of time to turn things around, starting on Saturday.

Invincible

Established Member
jones said:
Invincible said:

Don't take it to heart, even Manure with their 75k toilet bowl can't compete with Everton.
??

blaze_of_glory

perspolis said:
Invincible said:

What does RvP have to do with having Everton score against us? The same Everton that beat RvP's current team...

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom