• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL – Everton vs Arsenal – 7:45pm – 28/11/12

Uncle Mike

Established Member
Need I remind you all that getting draws at Villa Park and Goodison Park is not a bad thing?

Of course, wins would have been better. And, yes, we had our chances. But think of all the times when we would have loved to get those draws, instead of the defeats we got.

And by the way, Aaron Ramsey was hardly the worst player on the pitch at Goodison yesterday. Nearly everybody made mistakes. And we still got a draw against a tough team at a tough yard.

AFC is starting to stand for Aggravating ****ing Cassandras.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Without taking into account the way we played, a draw at Everton is OK (far less happy with the draw at Villa, they're the worst Villa for ages). As long as we get at least 4-5 wins from our next 5 fixtures.

DiamondGooner

Established Member
This team is getting harder to watch, I watched the first half, my stream went crap and it didn't even bother me, spent the next half hour watching highlights of Dywane Wade ... much more entertaining.

Were playing like last year again except with no RVP .... yes it's that bad.

What fkin happened to the team who let in no goals and started a winning streak playing some of the best football we'd seen in ages?

I'm not trying to pick on him but it seems to me that all changed when Wenger force fed the team Giroud and we had to change the way we were playing, this was all since the West Ham game and we've been crap ever since bar beating a 10 man Sp**s team.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
Finally got to watch the replay at 3am. F*cking boring, f*cking pathetic, f*cking everything.

I really don't mind with the end result as I have already given up on our title hopes but at least play the damn thing beautifully.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
That performance was bloody awful, but at least we got a point. Had we won at Villa, not many people would complain now, but we haven't, so two points out of two is simply not good enough.

I cannot believe that we're worse this season, than last. Five points worse off in fact, five bloody points!

Pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

FinnGooner

Established Member
DiamondGooner said:
This team is getting harder to watch, I watched the first half, my stream went crap and it didn't even bother me, spent the next half hour watching highlights of Dywane Wade ... much more entertaining.

What fkin happened to the team who let in no goals and started a winning streak playing some of the best football we'd seen in ages?

I'm not trying to pick on him but it seems to me that all changed when Wenger force fed the team Giroud and we had to change the way we were playing, this was all since the West Ham game and we've been crap ever since bar beating a 10 man Sp**s team.

That's utter bollocks. We're definitely not playing any differently because of Giroud. You seriously need to get you Giro fixation cured. It seems to be pathological.

First of all you're contradicting yourself:

"Were playing like last year again except with no RVP"

"all changed when Wenger force fed the team Giroud and we had to change the way we were playing"

WTF?

We're still trying to play quick passing game and keep the ball but guess what. We don't have the technical ability to do that. If Ramsey is playing 80 minutes, well you saw what happened. Constantly giving the ball away cheaply. The same thing with Arteta in last few games. Gervinho is also one player who is not suited for the kind of game we're trying to play. In fact, the ENTIRE TEAM apart from Kos, Verm, Cazorla and Jack are more suited to counter attacking football. We're playing high line with MERTESACKER for god's sake!

Wenger has bought players for years thinking only about the price. He has brought in good players with low prices but hasn't considered the fact that the players might not be suitable to his tactics and he obviously is not capable of changing tactics to better suit the players.

BTW. Nice supporting mate. If the team isn't doing so well, f**k 'em and watch basketball compilations instead :lol:

dreamLord

Established Member
It's a shame what this season has turned out to be. After the Liverpool game we were being considered as contenders for the title - and now we have to catch up to 4th. The first 2 draws were pretty prophetic about our season though, we don't create enough goal scoring chances.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
FinnGooner said:
DiamondGooner said:

That's utter bollocks. We're definitely not playing any differently because of Giroud. You seriously need to get you Giro fixation cured. It seems to be pathological.

First of all you're contradicting yourself:

"Were playing like last year again except with no RVP"

"all changed when Wenger force fed the team Giroud and we had to change the way we were playing"

WTF?

We're still trying to play quick passing game and keep the ball but guess what. We don't have the technical ability to do that. If Ramsey is playing 80 minutes, well you saw what happened. Constantly giving the ball away cheaply. The same thing with Arteta in last few games. Gervinho is also one player who is not suited for the kind of game we're trying to play. In fact, the ENTIRE TEAM apart from Kos, Verm, Cazorla and Jack are more suited to counter attacking football. We're playing high line with MERTESACKER for god's sake!

Wenger has bought players for years thinking only about the price. He has brought in good players with low prices but hasn't considered the fact that the players might not be suitable to his tactics and he obviously is not capable of changing tactics to better suit the players.

BTW. Nice supporting mate. If the team isn't doing so well, f**k 'em and watch basketball compilations instead :lol:

don't feed h... oh too late

well,just nod and walk backward.. slowly...very slowly

lee1001

Established Member
goonerwarsh said:
This league is one hard long schlog (don't even know if that's a word). Chelsea getting Benitez was one of the best things to happen...for the rest of the league. I think he's a terrible manager, I think they're going to drop a lot of points this year as they look to be a side in transition - though they have more than enough talent to pull it back round. West Brom I think will slip away as the season draws on, Everton are going to be tough but again I think their squad isn't big enough to maintain the good run for the whole season. Sp**s for me are the biggest worry, I hate to say this but I think they're a far more dangerous team currently than what we are, in the fact that they have two players in Lennon and Bale (more so Bale) that have the pace and power to scare the life out of defences, and they also have a striker in Defoe who consistently has scored goals whenever given a run in the team, and of course that **** who used to play for us who when he decides he wants to play is a handful for anyone. They were running us ragged at the Emirates until they went down to ten men. They also have two very strong goalkeepers.

Maybe i'm bigging them up too much but if Wenger can get us above them this year, with this mediocre squad and without serious investment in the upcoming transfer window then I would be very shocked if i'm honest.

Agree with all of this. Ironically Sp**s strength (Bale, Lennon, Defoe) is our biggest weakness. If we could find 3 players in those positions with their movement and pace, we would look far more dangerous.

dpt49

Established Member
lee1001 said:
goonerwarsh said:
This league is one hard long schlog (don't even know if that's a word). Chelsea getting Benitez was one of the best things to happen...for the rest of the league. I think he's a terrible manager, I think they're going to drop a lot of points this year as they look to be a side in transition - though they have more than enough talent to pull it back round. West Brom I think will slip away as the season draws on, Everton are going to be tough but again I think their squad isn't big enough to maintain the good run for the whole season. Sp**s for me are the biggest worry, I hate to say this but I think they're a far more dangerous team currently than what we are, in the fact that they have two players in Lennon and Bale (more so Bale) that have the pace and power to scare the life out of defences, and they also have a striker in Defoe who consistently has scored goals whenever given a run in the team, and of course that **** who used to play for us who when he decides he wants to play is a handful for anyone. They were running us ragged at the Emirates until they went down to ten men. They also have two very strong goalkeepers.

Maybe i'm bigging them up too much but if Wenger can get us above them this year, with this mediocre squad and without serious investment in the upcoming transfer window then I would be very shocked if i'm honest.

Agree with all of this. Ironically Sp**s strength (Bale, Lennon, Defoe) is our biggest weakness. If we could find 3 players in those positions with their movement and pace, we would look far more dangerous.
I also agree.
Even more ironic than Sp**s strength of Bale, Lennon and Defoe being our biggest weakness, is that of those three players, only Bale is a regular first team starter.

If you compare the quality of the two clubs there is not a lot of difference between us and spuds.
Both clubs have only one or two top quality players and both have areas of weakness but it is a concern that they have several players that would quite comfortably get in our first team.

This cannot be allowed to continue.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom