• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Leicester vs Arsenal | 20th of August at 17:30 (GMT)

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

This is what Leeds done. They spent on and off the park beyond their means. Company cars for a receptionist and everyone else is mad.

In saying that Im sure we don't have 6 reserve receptionists incase one gets a cold and can't make it in. Complete opposite of our RW. Get rid of Theo and we could pack out receptionist giving them plenty of coverage just incase. Another 312 could be hired on a 25K salary per year. Then he'd be responsible for 912 staff members.

Everyone else can see that would be a ludicrous waste of resources. There are so many phones one can answer, only so many memos one can write there isn't a need for 312 receptionists. Such as there isn't a need for 6 wide players in a 23 man squad.

If Wenger has a responsibility it's to maximise the potential of Arsenal football club. Having a lop sided number of players to positions isn't helping us. I've focused on one position take your pick.

I'm fairly drunk. So I do apologise if I go on a bit. Off to have a j reef and another cider.

In the words of a t 1000 I'll be back.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I think it is easier to talk football tactics sitting behind a keyboard. Does not mean you are right. More often than not people are influenced by the result. I think it is a better assumption that Wenger knows more about tactics than everybody here and the pundits you see on TV. And if you can't see a logic may be it is because it is beyond you. There are so many factors at play in a football match and to expect a combination of players to click together straight away is foolhardy
I think being right means being right, tbh. There is no twisting for me. I don't pay attention to punditry, usually watch most of our games without sound on too. You haven't said anything beyond understanding. Just not anything that seemed reasonable. Clicking straight away isn't the issue. Wenger may know a lot about tactics, which I doubt btw, it doesn't or hasn't shown in his application. You don't get 1 CL final and mostly irrelevant CL appearances beyond money making, consistently.

And results influencing people? What do you expect from football? Fans are irrelevant, there is no logical reason to broadcast football on TV, Wenger is the football manager so he must know everything and manage the club in an alternate reality where the football team doesn't get on the pitch and play against anybody.

noon

Btw he needs to stop saying the fans are brainwashed by media, these. Fans has supported his failures for 12 years now, how many sets of fans for a top club would accept that.

And no fans don't care about the transfer fees, bellerin was basically free and is loved by the fans, ppl are optimistic about holding and he was cheap, theo and ox was two of the most expensive teenagers in football history and most fans don't rate them, the fans generally know A talent when they see one.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

This is what Leeds done. They spent on and off the park beyond their means. Company cars for a receptionist and everyone else is mad.

In saying that Im sure we don't have 6 reserve receptionists incase one gets a cold and can't make it in. Complete opposite of our RW. Get rid of Theo and we could pack out receptionist giving them plenty of coverage just incase. Another 312 could be hired on a 25K salary per year. Then he'd be responsible for 912 staff members.

Everyone else can see that would be a ludicrous waste of resources. There are so many phones one can answer, only so many memos one can write there isn't a need for 312 receptionists. Such as there isn't a need for 6 wide players in a 23 man squad.

If Wenger has a responsibility it's to maximise the potential of Arsenal football club. Having a lop sided number of players to positions isn't helping us. I've focused on one position take your pick.

I'm fairly drunk. So I do apologise if I go on a bit. Off to have a j reef and another cider.

In the words of a t 1000 I'll be back.
Holy **** Wenger broke @bingobob

Goonerozil33

I think being right means being right, tbh. There is no twisting for me. I don't pay attention to punditry, usually watch most of our games without sound on too. You haven't said anything beyond understanding. Just not anything that seemed reasonable. Clicking straight away isn't the issue. Wenger may know a lot about tactics, which I doubt btw, it doesn't or hasn't shown in his application. You don't get 1 CL final and mostly irrelevant CL appearances beyond money making, consistently.

And results influencing people? What do you expect from football? Fans are irrelevant, there is no logical reason to broadcast football on TV, Wenger is the football manager so he must know everything and manage the club in an alternate reality where the football team doesn't get on the pitch and play against anybody.
I am just saying you understand football much less than you actually think you do. And I understand you being frustrated and questioning the manager. That is just a typical reaction. But having an opinion about does not make you right. You can point out everything Wenger does and question it. But you don't have an idea about the amount of thinking going into the decision making. To say you doubt his tactical knowledge talk more about you than him. And about one CL in so many years, Roberto di Matteo and benitez have won CL and are currently managing in championship. I doubt there tactical intelligence that worked in CL stopped working after that.

Fraudcott

Btw he needs to stop saying the fans are brainwashed by media, these. Fans has supported his failures for 12 years now, how many sets of fans for a top club would accept that.

Yep. That's one of the things that really grates on me.

The fans bought into his excuses for years. They supported him for years under difficult and frustrating circumstances.

Yet now, instead of recognising their increasing frustration with the way the club is being run and the apparent lack of ambition compared to our rivals, he instead insults them by saying that they're all too stupid to form their own opinions.

The most ironic thing is that the media have probably been far too kind to him over the years.

It's only in the last few seasons that they have really started to amplify his failings and recognise / capitalize on the frustration of the fans.

Until recently they couldn't resist telling everybody what a genius he is, how much respect he deserves and regurgitate his excuses for his teams' shortcomings practically verbatim.

To blame the fans' frustrations, which have been gradually building over the course of a decade or so, on the media is simply insulting and idiotic.

novarek

And no fans don't care about the transfer fees, bellerin was basically free and is loved by the fans, ppl are optimistic about holding and he was cheap, theo and ox was two of the most expensive teenagers in football history and most fans don't rate them, the fans generally know A talent when they see one.

Unfortunately they do, and it's a big reason on why they are still here

The fans begged Theo to sign that 100k contract after 3 good matches, remember.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Yep. That's one of the things that really grates on me.

The fans bought into his excuses for years. They supported him for years under difficult and frustrating circumstances.

Yet now, instead of recognising their increasing frustration with the way the club is being run and the apparent lack of ambition compared to our rivals, he instead insults them by saying that they're all too stupid to form their own opinions.

The most ironic thing is that the media have probably been far too kind to him over the years.

It's only in the last few seasons that they have really started to amplify his failings and recognise / capitalize on the frustration of the fans.

Until recently they couldn't resist telling everybody what a genius he is, how much respect he deserves and regurgitate his excuses for his teams' shortcomings practically verbatim.

To blame the fans' frustrations, which have been gradually building over the course of a decade or so, on the media is simply insulting and idiotic.

Will read your post in a while, just wanna say that is an absolutely outstanding username.

You're off to a flyer lad, keep it up.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I am just saying you understand football much less than you actually think you do. And I understand you being frustrated and questioning the manager. That is just a typical reaction. But having an opinion about does not make you right. You can point out everything Wenger does and question it. But you don't have an idea about the amount of thinking going into the decision making. To say you doubt his tactical knowledge talk more about you than him. And about one CL in so many years, Roberto di Matteo and benitez have won CL and are currently managing in championship. I doubt there tactical intelligence that worked in CL stopped working after that.
Thats not true at all, I'm sure. I'm very open to be shown something else or another angle I'm not getting but going around in pointless circles. You could ask anybody around here. You're basically doing what Wenger did in that interview. I have thought about stuff and put a lot of time to that thought as well which has proved fruitless and pointless to myself at times.

So you understand frustration and questioning the manager but after a few lines say that me doubting his tactical knowledge says more about me than him? There is no 1 CL in so many years, one final. Those two managing in the Championship doesn't have anything to do with them actually having won the CL previously. And Benitez made two other finals. People regress, recover, succeed and fail at their job. The fact that they didn't get a free ride regardless should provide you a revelation.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

ppl are optimistic about holding and he was cheap, theo and ox was two of the most expensive teenagers in football history and most fans don't rate them, the fans generally know A talent when they see one.
It's fairly clear that they have ability but sometimes you have to let a player go for the good of their own career.

The player might come back like Pogba, Matic, Martin Keown who knows. They might go on to have a good career elsewhere. I also think there is an onus on the player to say I want to play I don't care where let me leave. And maybe there is a problem there is the issue, not enough ambition. Sometimes you have to to sidewards or backwards to go forwards, heck we witness it every Saturday.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

That's one hell of a period.
post-10149-TF2-deal-with-it-gif-Imgur-Tea-PWIF.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom