• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Leicester vs Arsenal | 20th of August at 17:30 (GMT)

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I agree Holding was good today, he still made errors but that is to be expected. I think he was a better choice than Chambers, so Wenger got that right today.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
Yes but saying this kind of stuff insults the intelligence of the fans, as if people are just blinded by price tags. We all know that a big transfer fee doesn't automatically make someone a top player.
If you're completely honest, you know that there are a significant number of our fans who would just care about the price tag. And also if the player comes from abroad.

Goonerozil33

Yeah, been witnessing since the beginning of time. There is no logic I'm seeing there. Elneny is quicker, with more energy, better passer and has a better engine than Coquelin. And I've never seen anybody get the maximum out of Xhaka taking away the space ahead of him at no.1o or even a bit forward ahead from defensive midfield zones. Not to mention with another slow central midfielder playing ahead and no striker.
I think it is easier to talk football tactics sitting behind a keyboard. Does not mean you are right. More often than not people are influenced by the result. I think it is a better assumption that Wenger knows more about tactics than everybody here and the pundits you see on TV. And if you can't see a logic may be it is because it is beyond you. There are so many factors at play in a football match and to expect a combination of players to click together straight away is foolhardy

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeah, Holding has been a good buy, Xhaka as well although he'll need more time with his partners in CM.
Nice to see a positive post amidst all this negative sh*t by the usual whingers.

Very tight game between last year's 1 and 2. Got a bit of luck here . . . . not apologising . . . about f***ing time!!!!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I genuinely don't think Wenger has a concrete plan for Xhaka in his mind when he bought him. Good midfielder, sort the rest later.

Or the midfield in general. Chopping and changing.

Detest the man at this point.
I was harping on about it all summer, none of the midfielders we had were an ideal partner for Xhaka and that's why I thought the Kanté links made sense. The most ideal partners for Xhaka aren't first XI quality, it's laughable.

I'm just a guy on the internet and I could see that, what the hell is wrong with Wenger?

Goonerozil33

Yes but saying this kind of stuff insults the intelligence of the fans, as if people are just blinded by price tags. We all know that a big transfer fee doesn't automatically make someone a top player.
to be honest fans in general are not the brightest bunch and in general has a herd mentality. Just because a few are smarter does not mean everyone is. I mean you can see pundits who has played the game constantly give stupid suggestions. So what makes you think the average fan is more intelligent.
PS: I am not questioning your intelliegnce

Johnny_Blaze

Established Member
If you're completely honest, you know that there are a significant number of our fans who would just care about the price tag. And also if the player comes from abroad.

All of that is irrelevant. The bottom line is the club isn't spending money to challenge for the league. Except a handful of players, the team is packed with mediocrity and losers.

The spending we've seen is more to consolidate a CL place than achieve the only goal you should have in sport: win trophies.

Twiiggy

I think Wenger's comments is just a way to say that we are not signing anyone and that we are going to have to suffer watching Walcott attempt football and Alexis standing on the touchline instead of being on the last man.

Would be outraged if Wenger doesn't address the obvious issue that lies in our team, to not score against a team we scored 5 against there last season where our only clear chances were Walcott's (which shouldn't even be considered clear chances because he's ****).

I do agree with Wenger that spending excessive money doesn't guarantee a player who will come in and do a job but judging by what we have currently, I feel we must take the risk as we aren't going anywhere otherwise.

dave_rwr

Established Member

yaaaass slay daddy #sass

Did he really say that?? If so, that is 100% outrageous. He didn't get a work permit because he's not good enough, and he didn't cost 50m because he's not good enough. When is he going to realize that there are real correlations between these things??

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
What Wenger doesn't seem to realise is that he's destroying his own legacy, not least with his ridiculous presser comments.
Arsenal will survive him. His reputation won't.

Cruisio

Established Member
What the actual f**k is he talking about? :D

Yeah Wenger, I agree with you that you've definitely got more insight into what makes a top player, but we're not all idiots mate :D, none of us care how much a player is, if you plugged in the holes in the squad with quality that were all free we'd be chill as long as the player performed.

He's the king of spin these days. Majority of fans want Campbell to remain part of the squad, why? Because he brings more quality than Theo and Ox, do any of us give two s**ts about how much any of them costs? No.

Same with Coquelin, when he broke through we were all happy about how he was performing yet Wenger kept trying to throw that in the press' face that year saying that if he had bought him for 40m then he would be receiving more praise....what!? Who even cares! :D. Honestly, sadly these days it's not the press that are deluded it's him!

Oh_Snap

CqU1sIoW8AAxUdU.jpg
Neat. Somehow i knew you head red walls :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas
Top Bottom