• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
You can pretty much guarantee a new European super league will have backers not based in Europe who can do whatever they want.

The individual leagues & UEFA as it stands are at least are run by a governing body who try to maintain some sort of checks & balances.
Its difficult though when clubs are run by corrupt nation states & dodgy oligarchs.
It will only get a heck of a lot worse though as you may end up with people running the show who have links or vested interest in clubs.
Some independence is paramount.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Arsenal and Liverpool only 2 English clubs remaining who hasn’t come out against it today. Arsenal supporter trust released statement saying the club should make its position clear

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Arsenal and Liverpool only 2 English clubs remaining who hasn’t come out against it today. Arsenal supporter trust released statement saying the club should make its position clear

Dont think it matter if they say in a statement that they still intend to stay out of it. We know Kroenke still want to join and if he get the chance he will take it. If he feel that there is no chance in the foreseeable future i think there is a real possibility he will sell the club.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
For what? They already made their position clear when the original backlash happened and said they wouldn't pursue it again. Virtue signaling on this issue is for clubs like United with terrible owners, criminal wingers and a pathetic league position. They need an easy dunk of a statement. We don't.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

For what? They already made their position clear when the original backlash happened and said they wouldn't pursue it again. Virtue signaling on this issue is for clubs like United with terrible owners, criminal wingers and a pathetic league position. They need an easy dunk of a statement. We don't.

Our owner are terrible aswell. And the situation has changed. But my guess is that they will publish a statement tomorrow that dismiss the ESL to keep the fans calm. But lets not pretend that Stan Kroenke dont want to join the ESL.

HattoriHanzo

Our owner are terrible aswell. And the situation has changed. But my guess is that they will publish a statement tomorrow that dismiss the ESL to keep the fans calm. But lets not pretend that Stan Kroenke dont want to join the ESL.
I understand that Super league wouldn't replace EPL, but UEFA competitions.
Owners of all clubs want to play competitions where there is more money.
Kroenke is not exception in this matter.

Personally, I don't see difference between UEFA competitions and Super league.
UEFA is run by corrupted bureaucrats, Super league would be run by club bureaucrats.
Hence, less bureaucracy in Super league.

In the end, I don't care whether it is called Super league or Champions league.
And I don't care who runs it.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
That's the most wishy-washy statement ever. Basically, we want the money but our fans won't let us join and the government will probably stop us anyway.

It's a bit sad, really. The club is finally moving forward, the owners are actually showing some ambition to win something, but the ESL casts a shadow over us again.
Def hedging bets a little. Kind of 'at this stage we don't think we want to join the ESL, but equally, if everyone else does....'

King87

Kai's having the time of my life

Arsenal is coy about it because they want it I'm not sure if Arteta was permitted to make the statement that Arsenal should kick against it for the fans. Kroenke is all about the money

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Owning and running football clubs is a low margin business. Only a fool(or an oil backed state) would reject a new revenue stream if available.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Every English club wants it and even though the design of super league is bad right now. Something has to change in football. You can’t have the PL growing and grown and swallow rest of Europe. When Bournemouth can blow away Milan and Dortmund financially something is wrong

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom