• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Everton v Arsenal [Sat 15 August; 17:30 UK Time;ESPN]

Captain

Established Member
Everton definitely weren't holding back on the physical side of the game; they were just left chasing shadows more often than not.

We'll sign at least one player in my opinion.

banduan

Established Member
djorou is just as prone to lapses as senderos, and hasn't got the distribution or positioning to match.

As for Everton's defense, people will point to Lescott, but they should have really scruitinised Yobo. There's a reason Jagielka took his place last season, it was plain to see.

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
As if their horrible kit wasn't humiliating enough, we battered them for their troubles, on the new ESPN channel for all to see. Too bad MOTD didn't give enough praise, but what else is new!
I think everton will bounce back in the league again though, I do like them a bit.

Herbert Chapman

A_Gooner_Matata said:
DOUBLE-YOU said:
Captain said:
and what a f****g difference it makes to not have every single attacking move broken down by some idiot being offside for the 10th time.

That's the past, were moving on. Forget him (although he did score)

Cesc said something interesting in his post match interview. When asked about that dude and Touré he alluded to people being here who want to play for the club and win things for the club. Interesting tone.

Good to hear from Cesc.

I was just watching Eddie's goal again, and while it was a tap-in, his instinct on where to be is astounding. That ball practically fell onto the sweet spot of his foot. I honestly don't think that Ade would have been there to do that (and I think Ade is a great player).

Eddies has more striking instinct in the bone fragments he left at St Andrews than what 10 Adebayors possess

otfgoon

Established Member
DC Gunner said:
First, Everton did not play like thugs as some teams would have done against us, this result will make thuggish teams focus on hurting us physically even more, can we withstand that particular challenge ?

Did we just travel back in time to 2005? We've not had any problems with that for ages.

Unforgiven

Established Member
The players were also starting to take long shots. Something we just don't do enough and we have the players to do it, it there is space and you can't create something why not just have a crack at it. Something that United and Chelsea have which have lacked in the past few years.

ricky1985

Established Member
gstew said:
Song is dramatically faster than Cesc, RVP and Denilson. But people on here describe him as slow. They are actually saying he appears slow. But I defy anyone to present a few examples over the last three years where he was beaten for speed. It just doesn't happen.

So true. I have never understood the 'Song is slow' line. It's completely untrue. His speed is a strength.

Unforgiven

Established Member
I am right to blame Eboue for ball watching and not marking Saha for the goal Everton scored yesterday? I saw the goal only a few times I couldn't be 100%.

Lord Dula

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
gstew said:
Song is dramatically faster than Cesc, RVP and Denilson. But people on here describe him as slow. They are actually saying he appears slow. But I defy anyone to present a few examples over the last three years where he was beaten for speed. It just doesn't happen.

So true. I have never understood the 'Song is slow' line. It's completely untrue. His speed is a strength.

Same goes for Diaby - he outpaced Agbonlahor last season!

DC Gunner

Established Member
otfgoon said:
DC Gunner said:
First, Everton did not play like thugs as some teams would have done against us, this result will make thuggish teams focus on hurting us physically even more, can we withstand that particular challenge ?

Did we just travel back in time to 2005? We've not had any problems with that for ages.

I am trying to reconcile the above statementwith the below, but I don't seem to be able to [mental block :p ], but I still think Everton did not resort to thuggish tactics to stop us.

Captain said:
Everton definitely weren't holding back on the physical side of the game; they were just left chasing shadows more often than not.

We'll sign at least one player in my opinion.

ivansen

sammy89 said:
That game last night was awfully crazy, I wish we taped it.

You can see the whole thing on Arsenal TV Online now apparently. If they make this a regular thing I'll be pleased. To be able to go back and enjoy great matches on a dark november night is great.

qs

Established Member
Brilliant game. Delighted to see everyone working so hard, even at 4 and 5 nil up the lads were still giving it their all and fighting for every ball.

A real signal of intent.

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
gstew said:

But I do think his speed is a relatively new thing - at least, his awareness of how to utilise his speed. His improvement has been so rapid.

qs

Established Member
Songs running speed is fine, his reaction speed was shocking most of last season though.

patrick42uk

Established Member
As well as his speed, his aerial ability is underrated. I think he made a contribution yesterday along with Vermaelen in the fight against Everton's long balls.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i agree Patrick... for everyone one he lost in the air against the likes of Fellaini, at least he was up there challenging for them, putting the body on the opposing player to limit the effectiveness of them winning a header..Fellaini is a handful for defences when he gets time in the air and can bring the ball down, and we were limiting his ability to do that..

Nik against Baines wasan example of how effective a mismatch in height can be, as Nik was able to get the ball easily enough and bring others into our play..

seems for once, we got the formation correct against the right team.. too many times, we try to play players together regardless of the opponent and it doesnt always work.. something obviously worked yesterday

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom