• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Everton v Arsenal [Sat 15 August; 17:30 UK Time;ESPN]

Kraig

Established Member
our away fans are brilliant, our home fans are meh.

too many corporates at times at ashburton where as its mostly hardcores at away games.

anyways, i digress...

only really saw the 2nd half due to being at work till 6:15 before i could get down the boozer. walked in to find the bars owner holding three fingers up at me and a smile on his face. being a midlands based bar i feared the worse. To my joy i see its 3-0 to us. shocked to say the least.

spoke to my dad during the interval and i say jokingly "doesnt matter that i missed the first three, we'll score another three second half", little did i know.

cesc was pulling the strings like cesc of old, song was a beast (still dont know whether its enough to not warrant buying a top class DM though) denilson was very tidy (hope he can keep it up) and defensively, barring the awful lapse in stoppage time, did a more than tidy job against wayan brother Jo, and afro man's height.

ill give it 4 muffs out of 5, more of the same against the hoops on tuesday please.

karl

It's too expensive and difficult to get tickets for home games. Choose an away fixture and enjoy the game for about half the cost.

Cruisio

Established Member
qs said:
Cruisio said:
And ive seen many games where the support has been great and the team has failed to deliver (Man Utd in the champions league is a great example)

Man Utd in the CL is a terrible example. Half the crowd left early.

Ive gone to enough home games to know that we're nowhere near as bad as some people think, especially compared to other home support. We were buzzing before that game and even when we were 2 down the atmosphere was still good - shocked - but good. The boys let themeselves and the fans down on that occasion. Another example is against Sp**s at home, fantastic atmosphere throughout the whole game...still wasnt enough. Like I said, last season when we were doing badly there was alot of frustration around the place, but that was frustration that had been boiling up for a long time. There were many many times at Highbury where I can remember we would be down and the crowd would urge the boys on to get a result (Tottenham, Middlesboro are two that spring immediately to mind)

Either way im not going to get into this debate in a thread about a game where we were superb

asajoseph

Established Member
I promise this isn't me just picking on Denilson, but what the **** was with that stupid dance by the way? Great goal, but he looked like he was having some kind of seizure.

qs

Established Member
Compared to united, Chelsea, etc yeah its pretty similar but its still not good enough. I don't give a **** about those teams they've more plastics than anyone.

I don't see how anyone can argue that there aren't too many terrible fans at home games.

Cruisio

Established Member
Compared to what though? What constitutes as a terrible fan? The amount of times ive heard the story of "oh I tried singing and was looked at like I was crazy" is ridiculous. Im not saying I dont believe this people but ive been a season ticket holder now for 10 years, and never have I been told to shut up/looked at funny/thought the fans were really letting the team down, not once

IBL

Established Member
asajoseph said:
I promise this isn't me just picking on Denilson, but what the f**k was with that stupid dance by the way? Great goal, but he looked like he was having some kind of seizure.
It was like a goal-induced epileptic fit, bizzare but fun cos we won

Cruisio

Established Member
asajoseph said:
I promise this isn't me just picking on Denilson, but what the f**k was with that stupid dance by the way? Great goal, but he looked like he was having some kind of seizure.

He can celebrate however he likes with strikes like that ;)

qs

Established Member
Cruisio said:
Compared to what though? What constitutes as a terrible fan? The amount of times ive heard the story of "oh I tried singing and was looked at like I was crazy" is ridiculous. Im not saying I dont believe this people but ive been a season ticket holder now for 10 years, and never have I been told to shut up/looked at funny/thought the fans were really letting the team down, not once

**** fans don't sing, arrive late, leave at 40 mins to go get a drink/food, come back at 50 mins, leave at 85. Earlier if we're losing.

Cruisio

Established Member
Such a doom and gloom merchant qs :D, thats such a generalisation as your saying the majority of people who go to the Emirates do that, they dont. Not trying to get at you here but do you go to alot of the games?

qs

Established Member
I never said the majority do it.:lol: I went to 5 games last season, its enough to know what the crowd are like. I was there when Chelsea beat us 4-1 and a third of the stadium was empty by the final whistle.

And there is no way in hell the majority of the 60,000 people who are at every match sing. If half them sang it'd be deafening.

Cruisio

Established Member
Haha, in fairness I thought we were ok at the Chelsea game (as we usually are when we are playing them) especially when we were on top. By you know, we lost 4-1, we had nothing to play for at that stage of the season so you cant really blame people for leaving. Im not saying its right, im just saying I can understand it as getting back from games is a b**ch no matter where you live.

I'll agree with that though, that not enough people sing. Anyways....6-1? :D

progman07

Established Member
qs said:
I was there when Chelsea beat us 4-1 and a third of the stadium was empty by the final whistle.
That's something I can't understand. Why would anyone pay money to leave early? Why are those people going to matches, if they aren't interested in the team? What if we score the goal of the season in the 90th min?

OK, some have good excuses, but most of them don't.

otfgoon

Established Member
progman07 said:
qs said:
I was there when Chelsea beat us 4-1 and a third of the stadium was empty by the final whistle.
That's something I can't understand. Why would anyone pay money to leave early? Why are those people going to matches, if they aren't interested in the team? What if we score the goal of the season in the 90th min?

OK, some have good excuses, but most of them don't.

Its understandable if we're losing 4-1, why sit there in misery for another 5 mins then have to wait a over an hour just to get on the train?

But yeah, I've seen fans around me leaving when we're 1-0 down or drawing and pilling on the pressure, which is pretty terrible tbh. Coming to the match 10 mins late, leaving 10mins before half time to stuff their faces and coming for the 2nd half 10mins later after stuffing their faces is also pretty annoying.

banduan

Established Member
It's very harsh on Everton that reports made out that the 5th goal was due to lack of desire.

If anything, it just shows why man-marking as a team discipline had gone out of fashion ages ago. We had four players advancing all of whom could have received the ball, Cesc's marker was forward and nobody was marking the zone the capitan ran into.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
Unforgiven said:
I am right to blame Eboue for ball watching and not marking Saha for the goal Everton scored yesterday? I saw the goal only a few times I couldn't be 100%.

Nuh you will be wrong. If anybody got it wrong on that it was our new man TV. Either he didnt see the run of Pieneer or he was assuming Almunia will get there on time. Actually i think if almunia had come out from the get go, he would have had gotten to the ball first.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom