• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Everton vs Arsenal, Saturday, 29th December 17:15

Webdesignlab

Established Member
tam1886 said:
Highlights websites anyone?

Especially showing the red cards?

There are some 10 minute MOTD highlights about they have the reds. Search for "footytube" or "Football highlights" on Google.

Very funny indeed. I still say that we killed them in the second half. That is why we won, not through luck. We deserved that without doubt.

I of course am omitting the first half from my musings as is my Gooner wont.

banduan

Established Member
psycho said:
Well, I have a feeling Wenger has been reading the forum and taken the advice.
Think about it, 4-4-2, Diaby starting instead of Rosicky, Bendtner for Ade.
Lets hope he doesn't take suggestions from here for a while.
They obviously needed to be rested. In fact I think he said he was resting them.

qs

Established Member
Jesus you know you're top of the league when a yellow card tackle like Bendtners is being called terrible and when your players are slated for being elbowed in the face.

Jealousy all round us these days. Get used to it lads, the rest of the seasons gonna be the exact same.

The media have the knives out bigtime for Cesc.

sesquioxide

qs said:
Jesus you know you're top of the league when a yellow card tackle like Bendtners is being called terrible and when your players are slated for being elbowed in the face.

Jealousy all round us these days. Get used to it lads, the rest of the seasons gonna be the exact same.

It's not necesarily because of our position, qs. They were saying the same things about us when we were beaten at Sheffield United away last season and we were no where near the top then.

They are jealous though, I think, because we have assembled a great squad of young foreigners and few of our competitors can boast quality of the same level.

banduan

Established Member
qs said:

The media have the knives out bigtime for Cesc.

Well, it's fair cop the comment on that tackle.

Agree with the conclusion on Cesc though. He got whacked in the face he fell down. In fact, he didn't even go rolling around in agony. He just lay there checking his teeth.

scruzgooner

Lukazan said:
Erm, I'm sorry, what? Cesc wasn't rolling round?

I suggest you watch it again to be fair.
i counted at least 720deg of rotation once he was prone...he could have won the X-games with that kind of landing...

scruzgooner

i counted at least 720deg of rotation once he was prone...he'd've won the X-games sticking a landing like that...

scruzgooner

ok, damn those php errors!

SQL Error : 145 Table './arsenalmania/phpbb_search_wordmatch' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

DELETE FROM phpbb_search_wordmatch WHERE post_id IN (1158199)

Line : 419
File : functions_search.php

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Unkmengani said:
Funny that there's been nothing about Ballack's diving to get 2 penalties in the last 2 games???

Ballacks a smart footballer, I dont think hes a diver like ronaldo who dives for fun to get a needless penalties like the one against the bottom side when theyre winning 3-1

He gets free kicks in smart positions, ballack, and knows how to get vital penalties to help his team, not himself
Like he did against chelsea 3 years back

A world class footballer, two footed and a beast in the air, always held him in high regards
Glad he never went man united or they would of been unstoppable

Unkmengani

EMIR8_SOLDIER said:
Unkmengani said:
Funny that there's been nothing about Ballack's diving to get 2 penalties in the last 2 games???

Ballacks a smart footballer, I dont think hes a diver like ronaldo who dives for fun to get a needless penalties like the one against the bottom side when theyre winning 3-1

He gets free kicks in smart positions, ballack, and knows how to get vital penalties to help his team, not himself

A world class footballer, two footed and a beast in the air, always held him in high regards

Thats the thing though...

Ballack dives at specific times to get penalties and free kicks and he's called clever, Ronaldo (to name but one) does it and he's a dirty diver, like old Pires was labelled when he had ONE high profile 'stumble' against Pompey!

Where's the consistency?

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Unkmengani said:
EMIR8_SOLDIER said:
Unkmengani said:

Ballack dives at specific times to get penalties and free kicks and he's called clever, Ronaldo (to name but one) does it and he's a dirty diver, like old Pires was labelled when he had ONE high profile 'stumble' against Pompey!

Where's the consistency?

Thats the thing, there is no consistency, dont let it play on your mind
No matter what I say ronaldo is an unstoppable player, the most destructive force in the league but if we want to talk about diving thats a whole different topic to me

Thats where your judging the man, not the player
Theres divers and smart players everywhere..Fabregas, he doesnt dive like drogba or ronaldo or eboue but he knows how to get free kicks in dangerous situations via contact like ballack does which helps his team not himself

People might not like it but the game has evolved just like time and not every law and act will go down well with the purists

sesquioxide

Unkmengani said:

Where's the consistency?

Pires and C. Ronaldo (and also Fabregas, who appear to also get vilified for dirty play) came from (traditionally) Catholic countries. Ballack (and other serial dirty players like Gerrard) came from Protestant countries. There has been a long tradition of bias in Protestant countries (including the US) against those countries who follow the Pope, and while hatred of the Latin "Papist"s and the thought that they are lazy cheaters are no longer as strong as they used to be doesn't mean they are gone.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season

Latest posts

Top Bottom