• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Expectations For The 2022/2023 Season

What are your expectations?

• Top 3

Votes: 30 20.5%
  • Top 4

Votes: 25 17.1%
  • Top 4 + Deep cup runs

Votes: 74 50.7%
  • Top 6

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Top 6 + Deep cup runs

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • No Expectations

Votes: 7 4.8%

• Total voters

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I'm not raining on your parade or anything but I ****ing hate stuff like this. I just find it patronizing.

They should stop congratulating us on losing. Same **** happened on our new year day loss to City.

I find it annoying. Ngl.

I bet these same people used to foam at the mouth when we lost to better Chelsea and united teams then despite outplaying them.

Yeah, I agree the team has come on leaps and bounds from last season. But we should stop patting ourself on the back until we do stuff.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

After doing some adjustments on my expectations, I'm settling for 2nd.

I'll make adjustments as the season progresses.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Safe to see the expectation has gone up. Every of our rivals look vulnerable. Even City doesn't look quite up to it. I don't think we have enough to capitalize but a title challenge isn't impossible if we bring in reinforcement in January.

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If we win the league this season @A__G

Can you change my tagline to "Gatekeeper of Greatness" please?

Think I will have earned it, due me keeping the Kronekes at the club!

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Its still a top four race for me, but I think we are now getting an idea of what the team and Arteta are building towards. The metrics are no longer bubbling under, and are staring you in your face.

Hopefully we continue with our work at the club, and the supporters are a bit more patient. Especially when our rough period hits again.

D

Deleted member 102404

Its still a top four race for me, but I think we are now getting an idea of what the team and Arteta are building towards. The metrics are no longer bubbling under, and are staring you in your face.

Hopefully we continue with our work at the club, and the supporters are a bit more patient. Especially when our rough period hits again.

Rest of the season is going to be tough. We are now truly established as title contenders. We can expect more of the defensive set ups from our opponents looking to hit us on the break. That will be our world, breaking that down, for the majority of games.
Despite the win vs Wolves, we looked vulnerable to the break as we have done all season and were quite slow in terms of trying to open them up.

I don’t think we will maintain anywhere near the same rate of winning points.

Still a top 4 race for me. Just secure CL football comfortably and go deep in the cups.
Winning the league would of course be an unbelievable achievement.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Rest of the season is going to be tough. We are now truly established as title contenders. We can expect more of the defensive set ups from our opponents looking to hit us on the break. That will be our world, breaking that down, for the majority of games.
Despite the win vs Wolves, we looked vulnerable to the break as we have done all season and were quite slow in terms of trying to open them up.

I don’t think we will maintain anywhere near the same rate of winning points.

Still a top 4 race for me. Just secure CL football comfortably and go deep in the cups.
Winning the league would of course be an unbelievable achievement.

Yes, you could see it a few times in that game. And as much as we made it a comfortable finish to the game, were there moments of concern, which better, more confident teams will take advantage of.

What's positive for me though is that the management team are analysing this too, and will be putting together plans to mitigate these threats. As you say, teams will be adopting this as their chief strategy against us, as it has shown to be effective (United, Southampton, Leeds, and Wolves).

As for goals this season, it pains me to say that we should remain focused on top four. I know there is a chance to say **** it, lets go, but we shouldnt make decisions with that in mind. Instead keep our main targets in sight and if possible, move those to meet adjusting goals. Not get in crap to meet an immediate need.

D

Deleted member 102404

Yes, you could see it a few times in that game. And as much as we made it a comfortable finish to the game, were there moments of concern, which better, more confident teams will take advantage of.

What's positive for me though is that the management team are analysing this too, and will be putting together plans to mitigate these threats. As you say, teams will be adopting this as their chief strategy against us, as it has shown to be effective (United, Southampton, Leeds, and Wolves).

As for goals this season, it pains me to say that we should remain focused on top four. I know there is a chance to say **** it, lets go, but we shouldnt make decisions with that in mind. Instead keep our main targets in sight and if possible, move those to meet adjusting goals. Not get in crap to meet an immediate need.

So true about the temptation to say **** it and over extend. This is one of the reasons I am against trying to go big in January with signings. We’re already on the cusp financially and there is also the danger of unsettling a sqaud doing remarkably well. It’s probably a big temptation for Arteta too. He’d be the most sought after manager in world football if we won the league. Truth is that it is still very unlikely and expecting players to parachute in in January and make a big impact enough to win is the league is a long shot. We’re more likely to do it with what we have IMO.
I want us to stick to what we’re doing. These young players are getting better and if they are together for 5 years I feel we will win the title (and more) in that time.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom