• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Expectations For The 2022/2023 Season

What are your expectations?

• Top 3

Votes: 30 20.5%
  • Top 4

Votes: 25 17.1%
  • Top 4 + Deep cup runs

Votes: 74 50.7%
  • Top 6

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Top 6 + Deep cup runs

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • No Expectations

Votes: 7 4.8%

• Total voters

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Yes, you could see it a few times in that game. And as much as we made it a comfortable finish to the game, were there moments of concern, which better, more confident teams will take advantage of.

What's positive for me though is that the management team are analysing this too, and will be putting together plans to mitigate these threats. As you say, teams will be adopting this as their chief strategy against us, as it has shown to be effective (United, Southampton, Leeds, and Wolves).

As for goals this season, it pains me to say that we should remain focused on top four. I know there is a chance to say **** it, lets go, but we shouldnt make decisions with that in mind. Instead keep our main targets in sight and if possible, move those to meet adjusting goals. Not get in crap to meet an immediate need.
It’s hard to know what to do, but for some perspective, if we had gone all in last season in January for a striker, we probably would have ended up with Isak and not Jesus for double the transfer fee. Might have affected getting Viera or Zinchenko. January only works if you are opportunistic and a bit lucky.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Its still a top four race for me, but I think we are now getting an idea of what the team and Arteta are building towards. The metrics are no longer bubbling under, and are staring you in your face.

Hopefully we continue with our work at the club, and the supporters are a bit more patient. Especially when our rough period hits again.

Important to remember that even if we don't win the league this season, as long as we get Top 4 all our players will commit to us for a few more years..and we will also be one of the most exciting projects for players to join too, think we will be even better next season.

Eventually it will become City v Newcastle as the top 2 teams in the league, they both just have too much disgusting money for it not to work...but really feel for the next 2/3 years at least, we will be right up there too.

D

Deleted member 102404

It’s hard to know what to do, but for some perspective, if we had gone all in last season in January for a striker, we probably would have ended up with Isak and not Jesus for double the transfer fee. Might have affected getting Viera or Zinchenko. January only works if you are opportunistic and a bit lucky.

So true - or Vlahovic. I think either Isak or Vlahovic would have been a big mistake.
Sometimes waiting is the more ambitious play.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Important to remember that even if we don't win the league this season, as long as we get Top 4 all our players will commit to us for a few more years..and we will also be one of the most exciting projects for players to join too, think we will be even better next season.

Eventually it will become City v Newcastle as the top 2 teams in the league, they both just have too much disgusting money for it not to work...but really feel for the next 2/3 years at least, we will be right up there too.

Think it will be City, ourselves, Newcastle, United, Liverpool, Chelsea as the key contenders over the next 5 years. With Sp**s possibly featuring as an outsider, if they continue with Conte or looking for such fixes.

Dont want to get too ahead of myself, but I think we can really establish ourselves with the right decisions and consistency on the field and off. But most importantly, I want us to continuosly look forward and be ready for what is to come, and not rest too much.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
So true - or Vlahovic. I think either Isak or Vlahovic would have been a big mistake.
Isak was self control on not paying huge money for a player not currently worth it but I think we did go all in for Vlahovic; he would be here if he was willing to come

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Im not too sure about that. Vlahovic has seemed like a flop at Juve, but I think his game would have given us a different dimension.

That said, I do think Jesus offers that option for us somewhat, namely being able to use strength (specifically in the air) to give us a targeted upfront option from deep. Useful for more technical runners (Mudryk/Leao) in the second half of a season, but ultimately I still want a taller, strong presence upfront to give us that route 1 option.

Would still be keen on Dusan Vlahovic, but at a cut price and in addition to a top forward like Rafael Leao.

D

Deleted member 102404

Isak was self control on not paying huge money for a player not currently worth it but I think we did go all in for Vlahovic; he would be here if he was willing to come

I agree - I think if Vlahovic had said yes, he'd be here - and Jesus would not.
That, IMO, would have been to our detriment.
I don't think there is a single player signed in the summer who has had a bigger impact on their new team than Jesus.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
It’s probably a big temptation for Arteta too. He’d be the most sought after manager in world football if we won the league.

Lots of guys around here nursing semis right now at the prospect of winning the league and getting rid of Arteta in one go…

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I think most fanbase expectations was top 4 finish. I'd be honestly surprised if you find title challenge.

True, it would have been very hard to predict the way it went after last season.

The first few pages are funny though, it just goes to show how things can change in football.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
True, it would have been very hard to predict the way it went after last season.

The first few pages are funny though, it just goes to show how things can change in football.

I voted top 6 + deep cup runs. Mix of underrating the impact of Saliba + the progress of the young players, slightly overrating Man Utd and not expecting the complete collapse of Chelsea.

I know there's a wave of disappointment right now which is understandable, but the progress you made this season really was remarkable. Literally no one expected you to push for the title; the mere suggestion would've gotten you laughed out of the forum, planet and probably galaxy.

And FWIW, I haven't seen the Arsenal fan base so positively engaged with the team since like 2014. It was really ****ing depressing on here for a good while.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I had us down for top 4 and deep cup runs! Those cup runs failed to materialise, but I'd never have thought we'd mount a credible title challenge.

I'm actually rather chuffed with our season. We've played some top stuff, and while we've most likely come up short for the title, we've been great to watch.

This club is on the up.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom