• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Community Shield: Arsenal vs Chelsea, Sun. 2nd August, 3pm BT Sports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
haha i just think it's a bit too soon for the guy. He only left them a month ago..Just don't want to hear him getting any abuse. He's a gooner now after all. Martinez also looked very solid the other day.

Abuse?! Give me £100+k p/w and call me every name under the sun!

Cech has to start, we're already a key player down with Sanchez missing, need to start all our first teamers.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Abuse?! Give me £100+k p/w and call me every name under the sun!

Cech has to start, we're already a key player down with Sanchez missing, need to start all our first teamers.
Yeah maybe i'm just chatting sh1t. He's a professional i'm sure he could handle the abuse thrown at him. It's not like his first competitive game for us is at Stamford Bridge, there will be a decent blend of both fans at Wembley.

Ramsey_22

Cech is as professional and experienced as they come, a born leader. Abuse won't be any problem at all for him. Be madness to not play him.

Edit: Honestly if he hadn't just been signed, he'd be my captain by a mile.

Impact

Established Member
I don't want to see Bellerín start. He looked shaky under pressure today. Lost a lot of balls in dangerous positions on the pitch. I also think against a player like Eden, I'd want Debuchy - a dogged determined type.

Gervais

Established Member
Cech
Debuchy - Mert - Kos - Nacho
Coquelin --- Ramsey
Chambo ---- Özil ---- Welbeck
Giroud​

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Hope we come out with an experimental line up. Don't really want to see them setting out to injure Özil or Cazorla, specially if Ramires is still there you can be sure he'll be aiming to do it.

I don't really care much about this game, even if we win it people will continue talking about Arsène's zero wins against Mourinho in a competitive game.

But I think we'd win if we came out with our first team with Giroud and Walcott in there.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I'd go with

Cech
Bellerin Mert Kos Monreal
Coq Ramsey
Ox Özil Theo
Giroud

You can be sure Wenger is going to put one of Ramsey or Wilshere on the wings though and try to be defensively better even though it always has the opposite effect.

Roszart

The CS doesn't mean much itself, but it's another game at Wembley, it's another prize to add and ffs, it's a match against Chelsea. What else is there to say?

Hoping to see:

Cech
Bellerin - Per - Kos - Monreal
Coq - Santi
Wilshere - Özil - Ox
Theo

Let's hope for an absolute smashing. Not only in goals, but also in

article-0-00DA7B8F00000578-603_964x681.jpg
More like...

2m2xky1.jpg

Impact

Established Member
Disagree with those saying this match doesn't matter.

Wenger and our players hasn't beaten a Mourinho's Chelsea. I think it would be a massive confidence boost if we could beat them on Sunday.

Cech
Debuchy Mertesacker[c] Koscielny Monreal
Cazorla Ramsey
Chamberlain Özil Walcott
Giroud​

Gunners21

Disagree with those saying this match doesn't matter.

Wenger and our players hasn't beaten a Mourinho's Chelsea. I think it would be a massive confidence boost if we could beat them on Sunday.

Cech
Debuchy Mertesacker[c] Koscielny Monreal
Cazorla Ramsey
Chamberlain Özil Walcott
Giroud​

Agree.. it does matter... looked at what last season Community Shield win against Man city did for us.........

Emibury

I'm feeling good about the game - the first time in a while I feel we have a good chance of beating them. It's probably about 50-50 - we've looked better in pre-season and have a settled strong team, but there is no way that Mourinho doesn't take this game seriously. I'm also happy that Cech plays against Chelsea so early, and in a game that does not really matter. Should settle his nerves for when we go to Stamford bridge later in the season.

Emibury

Also, Welbeck is injured, Sanchez rested, Ramsey plays ahead of Jack, Debuchy plays ahead of Bellerin, so the team must be:

Cech
Debuchy - Mert - Kos - Nacho
Coquelin --- Santi
Chambo ---- Özil ---- Ramsey
Giroud
Edit: I've forgotten about Walcott. Not an easy team to pick I guess! Might have to drop Santi or Giroud.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom