• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Community Shield: Arsenal vs Chelsea, Sun. 2nd August, 3pm BT Sports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
------------------------Cech
Debuchy-Mertesacker-Koscielny-Monreal
-----------------Ramsey-Coquelin
Chamberlain----------Özil---------Wilshere
-----------------------Walcott

Subs: Martinez, Gabriel, Gibbs, Cazorla, Arteta, Adelaide, Giroud

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I'm confident for this, even more so than last season when we faced City. Would be great to "defend" the CS as well, and to end our poor run vs Chelsea/Mourinho ahead of the new season.

Lilwizzle

Established Member
Hope Wenger's still flexible with his formations and plays 433 in these kind of games.

Back 5
---------Coq
---Ramsey--Caz
Ox--Giroud--Theo

Plutarch

It seems odd that Chelsea are playing a pre-season friendly against Barcelona on Wednesday, in Washington. Presumably they'll have to put out a strong team in that, then travel back to England on Thursday. So we should be much better prepared. I'm expecting to win this anyway, at this moment we're looking like the better team.

nicky47

Established Member
Would be absolutely brilliant if we could finally get one over Mourinho and Chelsea, really looking forward to this one!! Be nice to just score a goal against them to be honest, haha.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Hope Wenger's still flexible with his formations and plays 433 in these kind of games.

Back 5
---------Coq
---Ramsey--Caz
Ox--Giroud--Theo

That sort of line up performed brilliantly against City away last year, but i'm not sure we can leave Mesut out atm he's bang in form!

12TimeWinners

---------------CECH
Hector--BFG----Boss--Nacho
-----------Coq-----Santi----------
--Rambo----Özil--------Ox-------
--------------Giroud---------------

Need Rambo helping Hector Vs Askpleasethewaiter + Hazard
Ox has the pace and strength on the ball to test Ivan the cheat
Coq + Santi have a great thing going
Mesut to drift and destabilise the wheels on their bus
Make or break with Oli, if he occupies their back two as we know he can, and takes at least 1 chance I have us winning this in a similar manner to the City win last year.
Be under no illusion guys, this is a big game! We have no qualifiers to contend with so can place even greater importance on this. A win will affect both teams mentality going into the season without a doubt.
If things are going very well late on I want to see these lads brought on to take the p1ss....
arse.png

3-1 The Champions elect COYG!!!!!

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Be under no illusion guys, this is a big game! We have no qualifiers to contend with so can place even greater importance on this. A win will affect both teams mentality going into the season without a doubt.
Much like the easy win v. City last season gave us the right mentality going into last season?

I would love for us to win, but the only games I "care" about winning are the ones with 3 points in the league actually attached to them.

12TimeWinners

Much like the easy win v. City last season gave us the right mentality going into last season?

I would love for us to win, but the only games I "care" about winning are the ones with 3 points in the league actually attached to them.
Agreed, it has no literal bearing on the league obviously. However, we had CL qualifiers and a disjointed squad (injuries / WC) at the beginning of the last campaign....No such distractions this time around.....City hardly got off to a flier last year either

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator

The win against City just papered over the cracks - the squad wasn't ready for the new season mentally, and the CL qualifiers costed us as well.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

FWIW I care about this match as much as a three pointer. We have to play Chelsea twice in the season and it would be nice to go in for those with the 'never defeated Mourinho' monkey off our back.

That type will just move the goal posts as usual and then say we haven't beaten Mou in a "competitive match"

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Can see Mourinho intentionally throwing the game just so he can beat us in the league and make some crack about winning when it counts. Bet he's thinking long-term on his soundbite game.

Him being a narcissist rules that pretty much out.
He'll want to beat Wenger again, I'm deadsure of that.

eye4goal

Established Member
I'd play something close to the team that started vs Wolfsburg, just to see what sort of contribution we can expect from Arteta, Gabriel, Theo(at CF) etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom