• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup Semi-Final: Arsenal vs Manchester City | Saturday July 18 | KO: 19:45 BST | BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

:rofl: All the in-fighting here, game hasn't even started yet.

AbleRareAcouchi-size_restricted.gif

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
That's arrogance right there. We are 9th in the league and are player for player miles behind city. You have to adpat. Mayweather in 20 years wont be able to go toe to toe with a 25 year old. Dont live in the past.

I'm not. You're just acting as if you're on Burnley-mania.com. Liverpool got 52 points in 2012. But yet they won at the Emirates and did the double over Chelsea. They beat United in the cup as well, the same United who lost the title on goal difference. They also beat Chelsea and City in the mickey mouse cup.

I'm not suggesting that we go toe for toe, whatever that means. There's more than one way to skin a cat. We can play a game of football, that allows for attacking play and respects our opponent as well. The choices are not limited to throw caution to the wind and attack with all 11 players or put all of our players in the penalty box for 90 minutes as if we're a League One side.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I'm not. You're just acting as if you're on Burnley-mania.com. Liverpool got 52 points in 2012. But yet they won at the Emirates and did the double over Chelsea. They beat United in the cup as well, the same United who lost the title on goal difference. They also beat Chelsea and City in the mickey mouse cup.

I'm not suggesting that we go toe for toe, whatever that means. There's more than one way to skin a cat. We can play a game of football, that allows for attacking play and respects our opponent as well. The choices are not limited to throw caution to the wind and attack with all 11 players or put all of our players in the penalty box for 90 minutes as if we're a League One side.

I meant toe to toe. And surely you knew what I meant no?

When you play City you can have whatever gameplan you want. But one gameplan destined to fail is playing them off the park.

We used to try and beat Bayern, barca, city and other teams playing "the arsenal way". Which was basically how the other teams played. How did that go?

United have been most successful at beating this City side this season. What did they do. Go with 3 speed merchants in Martial, James and Rashford up top. And basically play on the counter attack. Why? Because they couldnt out pass city or dominate them.

Our problem is Pepe-Laca-Auba arent fast direct players. So we are going to have to try something else. What I dont know otherwise I would be manager and Arteta would be somewhere else.

But we need to accept that we are not the team we were. We are much closer to Burnley/Palace etc than City.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
I meant toe to toe. And surely you knew what I meant no?

When you play City you can have whatever gameplan you want. But one gameplan destined to fail is playing them off the park.

We used to try and beat Bayern, barca, city and other teams playing "the arsenal way". Which was basically how the other teams played. How did that go?

United have been most successful at beating this City side this season. What did they do. Go with 3 speed merchants in Martial, James and Rashford up top. And basically play on the counter attack. Why? Because they couldnt out pass city or dominate them.

Our problem is Pepe-Laca-Auba arent fast direct players. So we are going to have to try something else. What I dont know otherwise I would be manager and Arteta would be somewhere else.

But we need to accept that we are not the team we were. We are much closer to Burnley/Palace etc than City.

I know what you mean, I just disagree with your assessment of what toe to toe is. Toe to toe isn't just playing how we used to play against the big teams.

United went toe to toe with City this season. Liverpool always went toe to toe with United.

I'll have no problems if we approach big games in a counter attacking manner. Teams did that to us for years.

In what sense are we closer to Burnley/Palace? We're at our lowest ebb in 30+ years but we still managed in the past three years to make a European final, a European semifinal and an FA Cup semifinal. If I count years instead of seasons, we won the FA Cup as well in 2017.

Yet this is our lowest ebb as a club in decades. If Palace achieved all of the above, their fans would be dancing in the streets.

Players? Our best are lightyears beyond what they can offer and even our **** players would walk into their side.

Points on the board and league position? Sure, but the difference between us and them is that we can climb out of this dump, quite easily if our owner pulled his finger out.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We need pace in attack. No need for a 'hold up play' striker.

Pepe, Auba saka front three. Pack the midfield with powerful athletic players like Willock and AMN and we've got a chance

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Made some barbecue, getting my second caipirinha, so if this turns into a dud soon I'll have a right old nap.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Might ban the usual suspects from this thread until 7 to prevent fake team news from causing a meltdown.

GDeep™

League is very weak
We need pace in attack. No need for a 'hold up play' striker.

Pepe, Auba saka front three. Pack the midfield with powerful athletic players like Willock and AMN and we've got a chance
:lol:

Good old “let’s get at them” tactics.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I know what you mean, I just disagree with your assessment of what toe to toe is. Toe to toe isn't just playing how we used to play against the big teams.

United went toe to toe with City this season. Liverpool always went toe to toe with United.

I'll have no problems if we approach big games in a counter attacking manner. Teams did that to us for years.

In what sense are we closer to Burnley/Palace? We're at our lowest ebb in 30+ years but we still managed in the past three years to make a European final, a European semifinal and an FA Cup semifinal. If I count years instead of seasons, we won the FA Cup as well in 2017.

Yet this is our lowest ebb as a club in decades. If Palace achieved all of the above, their fans would be dancing in the streets.

Players? Our best are lightyears beyond what they can offer and even our **** players would walk into their side.

Points on the board and league position? Sure, but the difference between us and them is that we can climb out of this dump, quite easily if our owner pulled his finger out.

We are closer to Palace and Burnley today. Not 5 years ago. Not with Henry and Vieira. Now. The present. What we did 20 years ago counts for nothing today. Just like what United did in the league in the 90s and 2000s counts for nothing today.

Fans need to understand where we are today. Just because we are a historically bigger club than those I mentioned means nothing if the points on the board and general performances tell a different story.

You talk about our players as individuals being so much superior to them. On paper they are. However as a collective they arent. Sheffield United are getting more out of a team of builders and plumbers as we are getting out of internationals with 1000s of caps between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary

Latest posts

Top Bottom