• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FC Barcelona v Arsenal - Tuesday, March 08, 19:45, SS1

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Denilson and Diaby got loads of chances since they're here, don't know why Frimpong shouldn't.
Early signs have been promising imo.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Wenger played him the entire pre-season. He saw something interesting, and I did too. He's a beast physically; players were bouncing off him in duels, almost like what happens when against Drogba. And he's only 18. His passing definitely needs work, as does his positioning etc. but that always comes in time.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Yeah, remember a lot of misplaced passes from him (especially in our first EC game), but he's definitely a two footed tank.

NasrisShoelace

Established Member
I saw a player that can be found at Wolves, Stoke, or Blackburn. Its early days so I won't write him off but I don't like that type of footballer and I'd rather we bought someone with quality.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I'd also prefer if Arsène strengthened our midfield over the summer along with selling some dead-wood but it, let's be honest, won't be happening.

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict
I can see either Arshavin or Nasri getting through at some point, but we'll need to be clinical.

Really excited/nervous about the coming week.

IBL

Established Member
I've been toying with the idea of a defensive set-up which has pace allowing us to play on the counter. Gibbs in front of Clichy and Eboue ahead of Sagna. Eboue can go do his mindless thing on the right and Gibbs could supply good crosses from the left. The midfield would be defensively sound if a little direction-less. This isnt the game for experimentation though but hey-ho its worth a thought.

Great news on Wilshere, just need Song and Cesc available for the party other we're stuck with the dreaded D&D brothers

squallkid

Established Member
I'd take a 2-2 right now with both hands

---Chesney---

Sagna-Djourou-Koscileny-Clichy

-Nasri-Wilshere-Song-Fabregas-Arshavin---

---------Bendnter------

Pack the midfield and hit em on the counter

GaelForce22

Established Member
Not sure what to think about the game yet. It's going to be very very difficult, and we wont have much of the ball, but scoring one or two goals on the break isn't unlikely. Do that and we'd only have to limit them to 2 or 3 - a similar defensive performance to what we produced at home and that again is doable. Would rate our chances around 25%.

Quicker than Walcott said:
People are going so overboard with the Ramsey hype. Even before his injury when he was improving a lot he was still raw. He gave suicidal balls in our own half many times and his touch could be better. He's not the answer *right now*... sadly none of our mids are other than Jack and Cesc.
Have to agree with that. He's obviously hugely talented but hadn't yet established himself in the first team by the time of the injury, his performances weren't close to what Jack's done this season. Delighted he's fit again though, should be the back up for Cesc we've vitally needed.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Quicker than Walcott said:
People are going so overboard with the Ramsey hype. Even before his injury when he was improving a lot he was still raw. He gave suicidal balls in our own half many times and his touch could be better. He's not the answer *right now*... sadly none of our mids are other than Jack and Cesc.

A lot of that is true, but when you've got Diaby, Denilson and Song to pick from, Ramsey looks like the natural option.

What does that say for those three? Not a great deal, but that's where we are. Two of the three have to go, in favour of a signing IMO.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
awooga83 said:
Sorry the words Rosicky and we will be fine do not go together for me.

For the game overthere he might be a wise decision in midfield with his ball rotation if we play Song again we will play a sucide game. we have seen the second half when we played with 3 ball playing midfielders barca was finding it difficult

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i totally disagree Holland.. Rosicky's ball retention is pathetic.. he does nothing but fall over most of the time anyway.. and he doesnt have the stamina to press Barca.. i dont want Rozza anywhere near the starting lineup at Nou Camp

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom