<

Folarin Balogun (Out)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Preacher, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Tomb Bombadil

Tomb Bombadil Active Member

Yes, I think I would rather sell him for relativ low money and put sell on if we think he's good. If you get 5mil and 25% sell on and he's gonna get you another 10mil in the future if he breaks trough. If he's ok you get another 2 to 5 millions.

2. Ashybashy86

Ashybashy86 Well-Known Member

Apologies for the bump, but this guy is either just an Arsenal fan, or has Özil levels of PR.

Camron and #254 like this.
  3. SevenOfClubs

SevenOfClubs Member

I reckon his renewed and his going to be loaned out

4. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Not at all there no suggestion he renewed. we just waiting for Sheffield to give us 8-10M so he can go.

5. senna

senna Well-Known Member

Tonights game will be an indicator - if he has renewed or about to, he'll be in the matchday squad & probably loaned out. If he's not in it, then he hasnt renewed & is likely on the way out unless something changes.

6. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

7. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

guess the fee is close to 10M if we are willing to accept.

8. Gooner416

Gooner416 Well-Known Member

Get him out and reinvest the money. One of the areas we could afford to move on for the kitty, provided it's a decent fee.

Red London, truth_hurts and say yes like this.
  9. Firetruck

Firetruck New Member

I admit that I’ve only watched the highlight reels on YouTube but this kid looks so well rounded. He is technical, can receive the ball with his back to goal, quick on the turn, great power for his age. I like Nketiah too but I think Balogun has star attributes. I know Arsenal need money to spend in midfield and there is no path to the striking position atm (Laca, Nketiah, Martinelli - Auba if you let him play there) but I’d hate to see this guy leave.

If Sheffield want him, then do to them what Real is doing to us with Ceballos - loan without option to buy. Get him experience in a good team, see his value increase. Either we can bring him in next season, if Laca leaves, or sell him for a higher fee. Don’t see why he couldn’t be better than the Celtic striker we have been nosing around for.

#254 likes this.
  10. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

One thing youtube can't show you is players willingness to reach very highs.

bingobob likes this.
  11. drippin

drippin Well-Known Member

Loan him so he runs his contract out next year? :lol:

Of course they would loan him if he extends his contract, but it doesn't look like it currently.

12. PressResistance

PressResistance Active Member

Sell with a reasonable buyback clause and first bid rights.

13. drippin

Well duh, but does the player accept such a clause if he wants out.

Does he want that Arsenal can affect his career later, possibly coming to bench here.

14. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

He has no say over that, only Sheffield United would. And if he doesn't want to come back he can just reject the move if the clause ever gets triggered.

15. drippin

Well that is basically the same thing as what I said being a problem.

Also can't he choose not to go to any club? Isn't that the same thing as rejecting the offer for any reason?

16. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

Chirs Wilder saying Sheff Utd are going for Balogun/Brewster. Probably end up being one or the other.

17. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

With our luck it will be the other.

18. senna

senna Well-Known Member

Would be good for us, rather he stays. Get him to sign a contract and loan him - would be a wasted year for him staying at asrenal without signing a contract as they'll play him in the u23s or not play him which will set his development back.

Tourbillion likes this.
  19. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

I think he will just run down his deal if he stays, thats why I said that.

20. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right