• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: Ajax vs Arsenal | 01/08/04

kin4ever

Jose_Reyes_2004 said:
The stick persie had to put up with was 2 times more than what campbell had to put up with at s**t hart lane.

I had to lower the volume of the tv as soon as persie came on - it was unbelievable !!

They should just leave the poor boy alone :wink:

hesham

Established Member
Arsène just said that we still might get 1 or two players cuz 1 might leave !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But he also said he is confident PV4 is staying not to convincing

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Arsène just said that we still might get 1 or two players cuz 1 might leave !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow ! Lets all pray he's talking about jeffers !

kin4ever

hesham said:

Let's hope that "1" is Cygan :roll:

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
kin4ever said:
hesham said:

Yeah, that'd leave plenty of cover for Sol and Kolo then :roll:

KingReyes

Established Member
hesham said:

That is very interesting and at the same time scary. I just want all this Paddy stuff to end, one way or another.

As for the game, really happy at the way we played. Reyes impressed me immenesely. He is going to be a hit this season also Toure, the guy is a class act.

kin4ever

kaids said:
kin4ever said:
hesham said:

Then Wenger will get someone else! :wink: Is too easy to replace players like Cygan

bobbypires

Established Member
1st pics...

51134648.jpg
51134650.jpg
51134649.jpg

51134702.jpg
51134701.jpg
51134703.jpg

KingReyes

Established Member
By the way, I didn't see Paddy on the bench! was he there, sory but I don't have lots of time to read all the posts in this thread to find out.

hesham

Established Member
kaids said:
kin4ever said:
hesham said:

I dont know i got the impression hes waitin to see who goes so he can replace him, hopefully its not paddy

kin4ever

KingReyes said:
By the way, I didn't see Paddy on the bench! was he there, sory but I don't have lots of time to read all the posts in this thread to find out.

He was there!

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yea he was - strange enough he wasnt sitting next to any of the french boys.

He was sitting right at the end of the bench - with only cesc next to him.

patrick42uk

Established Member
that was ajax's best team as far as i know. the only player missing was escude. we'v just played them without our three top players, our spine, and we have dominated. theat is very positive. like arsen says, the lack of goals shouldnt be a worry because if chances keep getting created like today, we will score. besides, tha ajax goalkeeper was having one o those days.

ljungberg's back problem hasnt cleared. thats a worry. jermaine could have a fair few games this year. did very well today when he came on. so did van persie who didnt lose the ball and used it well.

kolo and cygan will be fine. they'v kept ibrahimovic quiet today and he was on very good form, thats positive.

Adam

Established Member
Bobby Pires was superb - that is is his first pre-season game too!

He doesn't rush. He looked alot more pacey at times tonight - and as he gets older, that is what we want to see.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Things are definately looking very very bright for Arsenal football club.

I thaught the performance against madrid was a fluke, but after watching him in the river and the ajax games i think i can safely say that Jose Antonio Reyes will one day become the world's best footballer.

As for flamini he is definately 10 times the player i thaught he was - And im not exhagurating when i make such a statement. Has a great future ahead of him and even though he's only 20 i can really see him being the 1st choice partner for vieira next season.

Also - Jens Lehmann looks fresh and made some sensational saves today. That save early on from Ibrahamovich's volley was unbelievable. When you think about it - the guy hasnt played a game since May - and there he was making such a spectacular save so early on in the game. He's out to prove his critics wrong this season.

It's scary how good our squad is now - really, really scary !!

A

Anonymous

Very very pleased with our performance tonight, has made me feel a lot better about the coming season. Just gutted I had to come home and miss it and have the misfortune of sitting through the river game!

Ash and Kolo were fantastic, rocks of our defence for years to come. They both seem to get better with each game they play.

Cygan had his usual solid if unspectacular game. I cant understand some of the stick he gets. Hoyte looked like he isnt quite ready yet, but will be soon enough. Didnt do anything wrong.

I thought our midfield was excellent, and Reyes looks like a superstar in the making. Ive been critical of him so far, but I hope he makes me look like an idiot.

All in all a lot of positives to take from this game. We were much much better then Ajax. Plus we have Vieira, Henry, Campbell and Edu all to come back.

wiltord11

patrick42uk said:
that was ajax's best team as far as i know. the only player missing was escude. we'v just played them without our three top players, our spine, and we have dominated. theat is very positive. like arsen says, the lack of goals shouldnt be a worry because if chances keep getting created like today, we will score. besides, tha ajax goalkeeper was having one o those days.

ljungberg's back problem hasnt cleared. thats a worry. jermaine could have a fair few games this year. did very well today when he came on. so did van persie who didnt lose the ball and used it well.

kolo and cygan will be fine. they'v kept ibrahimovic quiet today and he was on very good form, thats positive.

i agrree with you

i think are squad looks very strong if we can get trabelsi we will be completed

impressed with flamini and gilberto they both might play against everton if vieira aint fit they played well together and he did some nice passes

reyes and toure were great cygan was much better than he was against river plate and thought pires, ljungberg played very well

and the away kit is nice :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom