• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: Burgenland XI vs Arsenal | 28/07/08

Kain

Established Member
Re: Burgenland XI v Arsenal | 28-07-08 17:30

Was hoping to hear the "Are you Tottenham in disguise!!!" chants but they never came :p

scruzgooner

KY said:
it this match is anything to go by, randall and lansbury doen't have futures at arsenal.
i would agree with that, though i am still a small percentage undecided about lansbury.

i don't think simpson does, either. should have had a hattrick.

vela, Wilshere, ramsey...on the other hand, most certainly do.

KY

Established Member

well tottenham have lost keane so i don't see how they can be any better than burgenland XI

GaelForce22

Established Member

scruzgooner said:
ah, gael, i would never joke. about a scoreline. today.

10-2, nik with 4, vela 3, Wilshere 2, theo 1, and berglund XI 2.

fun. and you're right, they were s***e again.

:lol:
How did I watch the last pre-season game and miss this one!

I thought that after the snore-fest last week, watching the dark night would be a better way to spend the afternoon. Looks like I was so wrong.

otfgoon

Established Member

How exactly were the Hoyte bros "****e"? They had nothing to do in the first half, Justin had nothing to do in the second. Gavin was effectively playing in the middle with a rightback and a rightback who was basically playing in midfield.

But I guess making fun of the Hoytes is the 'in' thing to do right now.

scruzgooner

kind of like making fun of the goalkeeper, oftgoon.

i should have made myself clear. gavin looked ok, justin less so.

raidersoftheark

Established Member

oh well.

Analysis:

Brilliant first half performance and mediocre second half performance. Burgerland was seriously ****, and we really should have won by 15 goals without conceding.

Vela and Wilshere look ready to make a difference next season, and I'm sure that Walcott and Bendtner will also get games (but they really need to shake off their rust).

Ramsey and Denilson both looked formidable in the 1st half, but Ramsey greatly decreased in quality in the 2nd. He's still far too raw, and I don't really think he should be considered an option for the premiership (excluding occasional 10 minute cameos where we're cruising)

Randall and Lansbury look very average. They need more time either in the reserves, or to be loaned out as they're not good enough at an age where they should be making some noise.

Traore appears to be a decent winger. I wouldn't mind having him start in the CC and as a last resort option for the prem. He's not very good at LB, so Wenger should do something about that, as we're one Clichy knock away from ruining our defense.

Mannone looks nowhere near ready. His positioning is completely wrong and his reflexes aren't the best either. He needs to stay in the reserves.

The Hoytes looked adequate during the first half, but decided to do put on their minstrelsy show for the 2nd (bar an excellent tackle from Gavin to deny a certain goal).

otfgoon

Established Member

haha gotta love the guy interviewing Arsène..

"Bentdner got 4, Vela got 3, Wilshere got 2.... Simpson tried to score :mrgreen:

Rohit

Established Member

:lol: already writing off Lansbury. I thought he was very highly rated. He hasn't turned 18 yet and although he didn't shine against one of the worst teams we have played doesn't mean he won't make it here. Jack Wilshere is certainly a special talent and so was Fabregas. Let us stop using them as barometers for deciding which 17 year olds will make it at Arsenal. All our young players are technically very good, the rest of the footballing aspects do improve with age and playing time.

One player who won't make it for sure is Justin Hoyte.

KY

Established Member

agreed on justin hoyte. 22 and not a hint of an ability to make it at the very top.

raidersoftheark

Established Member

Rohit said:
:lol: already writing off Lansbury. I thought he was very highly rated. He hasn't turned 18 yet and although he didn't shine against one of the worst teams we have played doesn't mean he won't make it here. Jack Wilshere is certainly a special talent and so was Fabregas. Let us stop using them as barometers for deciding which 17 year olds will make it at Arsenal. All our young players are technically very good, the rest of the footballing aspects do improve with age and playing time.

I don't think anyone is quite writing him off just yet, but they have not shown the required hunger and talent to Wenger and to us, that demonstrates that they are capable of having any part in the upcoming season. We are Arsenal, and it is fair for us to demand these things from 17-19 year olds, because players of this age are already making strides at this club to play in the prem, the FA and the CC.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member

I feel sorry for Jay Simpson. As harsh as it sounds; those misses could have a very detrimental effect on his Arsenal career.

otfgoon

Established Member

Lansbury is highly rated for a good reason, a couple of preseason games out of position after a long injury doesnt change that.

Even at his best though his work rate has not been great, just breezes through games and i think he needs to work on that to make it.

Rohit

Established Member

raidersoftheark said:
Rohit said:

I don't think anyone is quite writing him off just yet, but they have not shown the required hunger and talent to Wenger and to us, that demonstrates that they are capable of having any part in the upcoming season. We are Arsenal, and it is fair for us to demand these things from 17-19 year olds, because players of this age are already making strides at this club to play in the prem, the FA and the CC.

What us? Did you watch the youth tournament last season where we reached the finals and Lansbury won player of the tournament. What do you mean by hunger? Just because Lansbury wasn't running around the ground like a man possessed in his appearances so far, doesn't mean he has no hunger. What 17 year old apart from Jack Wilshere is making strides or showing quality enough that suggests he can be part of the first team albeit against less than mediocre opposition?

It is funny how we all cry and whine for experience in our first team and then write off 17 year olds on baseless assessments.

qs

Established Member

Highlights available anywhere?

qs

Established Member

Search youtube, not hard to find

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Missed the 2nd half. How did we concede 2 goals?!?! :shock:

I reckon Wilshere should be equal the pecking order as the likes of Vela and Ramsey

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom