• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: Burgenland XI vs Arsenal | 28/07/08

mccroix

Re: Burgenland XI v Arsenal | 28-07-08 17:30

kamikaze80 said:
seb larsson was better than randall. randall's just not that good, the sooner everyone realises it, the better. we're just grooming him so we can sell him for 1m or so and make a little profit.

glad to see that wilshere had another good match. i'm really loving this kid, he's got what it takes to make it here.

what I don't like about Randall is this arrogance. He always tries something hard or wants to show off...his ego is a big concern in my eyes.

Wilshere looks class. Also could have scored a few more...looks best on the right wing

Impressed by Wilshere, Ramsey, Vela

Denislon had a few good passes but wasn't really in the game, he did his job I guess..still I expect more from him

invisibleman18

Established Member

Just seen the highlights from ATVO. Wilshere looks a special talent even from the 10 minutes of highlights. As long as he continues to develop and remains injury free then he looks like he could be a massive player for us.

Some nice finishes from Vela too although is there any sign of a right foot at all or is it purely for standing on? (Genuine question as I really haven't seen anything of him apart from these highlights) I imagine we'll see plenty of him and Traore on the left wing this season rather than any new signing.

Anzac

Established Member

second the comments about glandular fever - basically ended my playing days. Likewise I was super fit at the time, lost a stone in body weight in a week & my blood wouldn't come right until I regained the weight 10 months later. After 10 months I went back to work for 3 weeks & relapsed for another month & then back on light duties for 5 months.

Physically IMO my metabolism has changed & is much slower - I've never been able to train as well since.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Randall and Lansbury does looks like the same type of players.

I am still generally undecided on both. They looked pretty average, but decent enough for us

number_0

Established Member

GaelForce22 said:
number_0 said:
GaelForce22 said:
:lol:
How did I watch the last pre-season game and miss this one!

I thought that after the snore-fest last week, watching the dark knight would be a better way to spend the afternoon. Looks like I was so wrong.

HAHA, i also opted on watching the dark knight at the time, what a f****g waste of time.

You're kidding me, surely. I'd have preferred to see Arsenal knock in 10 but the dark knight was great!

Dark knight is shown for 4 shows a day for the next 10 days, but arsenal scoring 2 short of a dozen comes only twice in mellenium......

Anyway the dark knight was fantastic, one of the best movies I've seen.

number_0

Established Member

I havent seen any of the preseason games, but randell somehow reminds me of lampard, the way he knocks the ball around, not sure he is good enough or not, but i say hes worth keeping for another 2 years, but Lansbury looks like a better prospect, i would rather keep the 2, they seem to have a touch of class about them, like bently did, they just need some first team action.

banduan

Established Member

Anzac said:
second the comments about glandular fever - basically ended my playing days. Likewise I was super fit at the time, lost a stone in body weight in a week & my blood wouldn't come right until I regained the weight 10 months later. After 10 months I went back to work for 3 weeks & relapsed for another month & then back on light duties for 5 months.

Physically IMO my metabolism has changed & is much slower - I've never been able to train as well since.

Just remember Arsenal would be able to handle it better than you by yourself would.

But I concur that it's harsh to judge Lansbury coming back from that. People don't know how bad it can be.

OTOH, I think he came back too soon.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom