• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: Grazer AK vs Arsenal | 24/07/04

hesham

Established Member
RobinVanPersie said:
Realwood said:
Alexone234 said:
I think he is going to be a star that Van Persie. From what I have seen he is every bit a good as the £10m Robben.

Let's not get carried away. Robben was a monster against much tougher competition in the Euro's. RVP looks good, but cmon.....he's no Robben.

I can tell you that Robin van Persie is a bigger talent . The difference is that Robben is mentaly stronger.

I dont see what all the hype is about Robben he was dyving all over the place in E2004 and IMO Duff is a better player than he is

burnsjed

Established Member
johe said:
Arsenal1989 said:
i know it dont count but its still nice to think that we are 41 games unbeaten :D :lol:

The way you're counting we're actually 43 games unbeaten. See, 2 last games 02/03, 38 games 03/04 and the 3 friendlies that you counted.

Man Utd beat us in the Charity Shield at the start of the 03/04 season so if you are including friendlies etc you can not count 02/03

Jinn

Established Member
burnsjed said:
johe said:
Arsenal1989 said:
i know it dont count but its still nice to think that we are 41 games unbeaten :D :lol:

The way you're counting we're actually 43 games unbeaten. See, 2 last games 02/03, 38 games 03/04 and the 3 friendlies that you counted.

Man Utd beat us in the Charity Shield at the start of the 03/04 season so if you are including friendlies etc you can not count 02/03

Not to mention the Champions League, FA Cup and Carling Cup!

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Looks like Arturo Lupoli came on in the 69th minute. Anyone care to comment on his performance.

Arsenal1989

johe said:
Arsenal1989 said:

i didnt count in the keown testimonial only all the games past season and the 3 freindlies

Andrew

Van Persie seems like quite a player. For some reason I just get the feeling he has a winner's mentality. I think he's loving it at Arsenal as well.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The problem with Van Persie is where can we fit him in ? He's going to have to keep Reyes out of the starting lineup if he wants to be a regular.

I can see him giving Reyes the fight of his life but i have no idea who would win.

anyone ?

brianfrance

Established Member
Very pleased that Lupoli played and the dutch are on fire;
Flamini didn't play; the worst thing!

Our squad is solid; I'm really confident for the season 04/05

calvinngai88

I'll like Reyes, RVP and Henry playing together at the same time. Reyes and RVP can switch their roles, from wing to forward, from forward to wing, during the intervals in the games. 3 goals in 3 games for RVP. Not a bad start. :D Looks like he has adapted very quickly maybe through the help of master DB10 ;D

Andrew

Well Pires won't be around forever, one of them can surely play his role. He scores plenty of goals and almost plays like another attacker. No doubt one of them can do that in the future. But for the time being I don't think Van Persie will be a starter, perhaps not for the first season at least.

calvinngai88

Only Wenger will know whether RVP is a starter or not. If he continue his form of scoring a goal in every game, no doubt Wenger will give him a run in the starting 11.

weelip

how come no one is talking about alumnia?He seems solid. So far so good, a clean sheet for Arsenal FC (That would mean Taylor is ****. All the goals are conceded by him)

Jinn

Established Member
Almunia conceded the goal against Barnet.

Without seeing any footage of the matches, its very difficult to say which keeper has been playing the better.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom