• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: Huddersfield Town vs Arsenal | 06/08/08

True Gooner

Established Member
Re: Huddersfield v Arsenal | 06-08-08 19:00

FT

2-1

Much better performance in the second-half, although we had to conceed to get going

We won the Herbert Chapman cup! :D

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Lol at the cup

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member

Great skill by simpson, he will make it as hes shown he can play with the big boys when he impressed at Millwall. Hes gained some credibility.

Simpson, Gibbs, Wilshere, Walcott, Ramsey and Landsbury all have big futures ahead of them and all British

Also impressed by Jay Thomas, a robust character whos very good on the ball and showed this with a great long pass. Looks better than that donkey Gavin Hoyte and his brothers no better
Big win for the boys, that should do them the world of good

Alfonso

Established Member

USArsenal said:
who on earth is Sanchez Watt??

Thats just his stage name, his real name is John Smith.

Nah, he is a young guy who for some reason reminds me of Wallace from the Wire. Never heard of him till today either.

M+D

Established Member

:lol: All the players looked ashamed of winning it!

2nd half - I am a big fan of Thomas and he was good, so was Barazite, Watt and Frimpong. Most were prety good though in the 2nd half, Randall wasn't too bad having been shocking in the 1st half, Lansbury was far better than he had been.

1st half - Most didn't seem bothered, bar Ramsey, Gibbs and Fabianski.

arsmile

Established Member

most of the youngsters impressed fair enough, will be a real shame if barazite cant get near the first team, he is streets ahead of randall and lansbury but i get the feeling he isnt in wenger's plans....good shows from simpson/gibbs in particular- i can live with lansbury cos he looks like he works hard, get sick of randall though, and am completely struggling to see the point in jhoyte sticking about... saw watt and frimpong for the first time also and they've both look to have potential

M+D

Established Member

USArsenal said:

Was the star of the Nike Cup a few years back, plays for England U17s and 16s and made his reserve debut at 15 yrs old. Scored quite a few goals for the academy this year.

Now 16/17 and a huge talent, super-quick winger who also plays centrally occasionally. Very promising talent.

otfgoon

Established Member

Barazite impresses me everytime I see him, quality little player.

bigtimetopbanana

Alfonso said:
USArsenal said:

Thats just his stage name, his real name is John Smith.

Nah, he is a young guy who for some reason reminds me of Wallace from the Wire. Never heard of him till today either.

Sanchez has been around Arsenal for ten years or so! There was a bio of him on Arsenal.com back last year. http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?...703&title=Young+Guns:+Midfielder+Sanchez+Watt

He played for Senrab, the youth club that provided a fair few players who made the big time; Lee Bowyer, Sol Campbell, Jermain Defoe, Ugo Ehiogu, Vince Hilaire, Terry Hurlock, Muzzy Izzet, Ledley King, Paul Konchesky, J'lloyd Samuel, John Terry and Bobby Zamora. A nice little production line 8))

Don Pacifico

Established Member

Pretty boring game I thought. Passing was poor for much of the game and when we did pass well, the moves broke down around the penalty area. On the whole, defending was a bit disapointing even at this level, Gavin Hoyte being the main culprit. Gibbs was surprisingly assured at LB where he has now played a few times.

Simpson played well in the second half. He was probably our best player. With both Randall and Ramsey on at the same time, it occurred to me that Ramsey is pretty much an upgraded version of Randall. Randall has obvious talent but anything he can do, Ramsey can do better. For all Barazite's positive reviews, he hasn't really impressed me against Barnet or Huddersfield today. You can he see he's got talent but when the opponents pressure him (as lower league opposition will do) he doesn't look particularly assured. Would prbably fare better against Premiership players who give him more time and I can see him going out on loan in order to improve his game.

Lansbury was yet again played out of position. Showed signs of talent when he was on the ball but really didn't look too comfortable out on the wing.

Anyone know where Merida was?

GoonerGurjit

Established Member

I thought Gibbs and Barazite were superb in the second half. I'm a huge fan of Barazite. He's got great technique, vision and one hell of a shot on him. I really do believe he will go on to become a super player for us.

Gibbs had another good game at left-back. He was a big threat from an attacking point of view in the second half.

I thought Randall had an attrocious first half, but improved a fair bit in the second half.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member

I thought Simpson was very lively when he came on. He was a major improvement on Walcott and Vela in the first half. Walcott was very poor today. Really disappointed me with his inability to do the simple things well and at his constant failure to hold up the ball.

Ramsey had a very good first half. He was spraying some gorgeous balls about and was making some intelligent runs in to the box.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member

I have to say that both Fabianski and Mannone do not inspire any confidence at all. Fabianski made some good saves, but you always feel he's got an error in him. Mannone's got a lot of ability but judging by his performances for the reserves; he's very blunder prone..

GoonerGurjit

Established Member

Gunners boss Arsène Wenger was pleased with his side's run-out and felt Huddersfield put up a good fight.

"It was a very interesting game, a good test for the young players," he told Arsenal TV.

"It was a very even game. Huddersfield defended very well, were very organised and good on the counter attack.

"We had to be patient. Overall I'm pleased because that's approximately the

level the reserve team should play each week."
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_3942387,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_3942387,00.html</a>

qs

Established Member

We've ****ing awful goal keepers. Almunia is of back up quality and Fabianski of 3rd choice quality. Its pathetic for a club like us.

Anyway I thought Simpson was great again, needs a loan within the Premiership.

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom