• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gervinho's role

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiamondGooner

Established Member
I'm in my office listening to pumped up kicks by Jayme Dee believe me I'm calm.

The last time RandomH mentioned me he said am I mad at Giroud because he slept with my mother, I didn't reply.

karl

Certainly no Gervinho hate here. I think he has done great by taking his chance where others are not performing. If all players hit top form, I doubt he'd be a starter, but you can't argue with the goals.

titi perfection

The amount of slack he gets is unjustified and unfair. Last year the team was struggling badly Walcott was putting in his anonymous displays at the start of the season and RVP was struggling for service, Gerv stepped up with 4 goals and 6 assists in 15 games. That was a good return for a new player adjusting to a new team and league , a team stuggling badly for form and creativity up front. People can dismiss it and overlook it but it was important in a time when other so called better players were stuggling.

This year we sold our top striker and Giroud as alot of new players do was struggling again up steps Gerv to score some important goals and again he gets slated.

Instead of discussing the vital goals he has scored this season and his fantastic chance conversion rate, we are as usual downplaying all the good he does and over exaggerating his negatives. People can say what they want but he has stepped up to the plate when the team needed him much more so than other players.

People are assuming that Giroud is now settled and that Walcott will score freely if he signs that contract. I would love that to be the case, but assumtion and reality are 2 very different things and i can see a front 3 of Giroud Poldi and Walcott being very ineffective in certain games and very monotonous to watch. That is when we will be thankful we have someone like Gerv in the squad.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
GunnerGetYah said:
The big complaint of last season was that Gervinho wasn't scoring. This season he has changed that dramatically and still these people give him no credit at all. There it just makes me think they are either racist or trolling, to be so passionately against him that they see no value in him at all. Just lock this topic, I can't deal with such nonsensicality.

This sort of shotgun accusation should be banworthy. A topic isn't going to get locked just because you cry whenever your precious little flower receives criticism.

I spose all the non-white people who don't rate Andy Carroll are racists and trolls? Or is it just this guy?

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Okay, peace love and hair grease!!!!!
My 2 cents is as follows;
Gervinho isn't a clinical finisher who will always be composed and cool under pressure and he might never quite be. Obviously it's a mental thing and he's not the only forward who has that problem in the world. Having said that, like Adebayor, he can and is performing a nice role for us. Adebayor was offside more than half the time and still managed 46 goals in 104 appearances for us. There's no doubting that Gervinho's game has weaknesses but we have to take him for what he is, a good hard working dribbler who will either create or score goals with his pace and trickery. Along the way he'll frustrate you with some spectacular miscues but he has a role to play.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Locking this now.

It's become way too off topic over the last hours/days (various off topic posts) and no real debate was happening anymore. If anything still needs to be discussed, start a new Thread and keep that one clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom