• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

scytheavatar

Established Member
His ego may be fragile but you have to see the context: The behaviour against Xhaka and his family before that game. Do you really think that he is some kind of robot that can accept all crap that is thrown at him? I dont think his reaction was good but we shouldnt forget about the unacceptable cheering. Yes, it was most certainly unacceptable and shouldnt be defended by fans that didnt took part in it. We should condemn it because its very destructive.

Not as destructive as Xhaka sticking his head in the sand and being in denial that his performances aren't acceptable. Xhaka has done nothing to make himself immune to criticism.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Except Xhaka wasn't complaining about them attacking him, he was complaining about the "gleeful jubilation" when his numbers came up. He's complaining not about the boos, but the cheers and delight to see him off the pitch. Fans are absolutely entitled to be happy about a change which they see as positive and necessary. Xhaka is way overestimating his value if he thinks he can't be bought off the pitch.

There's no such thing as sarcastic cheering, it's simply cheering. Don't deny that you were happy to see Xhaka being taken off the pitch.

They cheered because they wanted to express their hate against him, nothing else. Lets not pretend otherwise.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
His ego may be fragile but you have to see the context: The behaviour against Xhaka and his family before that game. Do you really think that he is some kind of robot that can accept all crap that is thrown at him? I dont think his reaction was good but we shouldnt forget about the unacceptable cheering. Yes, it was most certainly unacceptable and shouldnt be defended by fans that didnt took part in it. We should condemn it because its very destructive.
That's basically modern football. Clubs treat fans as customers, and expect fans not to want to get their money's worth from players.

scytheavatar

Established Member
They cheered because they wanted to express their hate against him, nothing else. Lets not pretend otherwise.

They wanted to express their hate against him because they think we are better off with Saka on the pitch instead of him. Why do you hate Saka so much that you think it is outrageous for Xhaka to be bought off the pitch for him?

I didnt say that he is immune to criticism but the cheering had nothing to do with criticism.

You seem to suggest fans can't be happy to see Xhaka out of the pitch. Why not? Why is Xhaka such a big name that he can't be sub off?

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
They wanted to express their hate against him because they think we are better off with Saka on the pitch instead of him. Why do you hate Saka so much that you think it is outrageous for Xhaka to be bought off the pitch for him?

You seem to suggest fans can't be happy to see Xhaka out of the pitch. Why not? Why is Xhaka such a big name that he can't be sub off?

They didnt give a sh1t about Saka, all they wanted to do was to trash Xhaka. Arsenal fans always need a scapegoat that they can hate and spit on, you know. You are trying to rationalize their behaviour in a pathetic way.

scytheavatar

Established Member
They didnt give a sh1t about Saka, all they wanted to do was to trash Xhaka. Arsenal fans always need a scapegoat that they can hate and spit on, you know. You are trying to rationalize their behaviour in a pathetic way.

No they don't, fans want to see the team win and play well. And they think we will play better without Xhaka. It is up to Xhaka to prove those fans wrong, to turn in performances so good that no one can scapegoat him. Can you make a case that Xhaka's performances are so good that no one should be allowed to trash him?

Cause sticking your head in the sand and pretending everything is fine isn't supporting your club.

blrgooner

Established Member
Only midfielder who can pass a ball, of course he'll be starting sooner or later. Torreira-Guendouzi is a terribly balanced partnership. Neither are great first phase players, neither can pass through the lines or spread the play as well as Xhaka does (Guendouzi's passes tend to hang in the air a bit long). If he's still leaving then we'll need a replacement who has similar attributes because we've got no one else like him. For all his flaws he offers what no other midfielder does.
Exactly. We don`t have a midfielder who replaces Xhaka. Of course we can improve in that position but at the moment, we don`t have any player good enough to do his job. Torreira and Guendouzi can play with him depending on the opposition.It would be brilliant if we can get someone of the same attributes but with better defensive nous though.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
What? The comment about not basing your happiness on the opinion of others? Yeah... unforgiveable

20180412-QPVEoMRax6jlxcBMvL1h

Yeah surely there has to be some other social media post these guys are referring to. Otherwise I really hope they are just pretending to be offended and are not actually offended by something like that :lol:

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
What? The comment about not basing your happiness on the opinion of others? Yeah... unforgiveable
Nobody said it was ‘unforgivable’. That’s s strawman argument. The best advice anyone can give Granit right now is this: Until Stoke or Newcastle show real interest, use Twitter only to show you are moving forward.

He’s playing in front of some of the loyalist fans in the country in our next away game, and they deserve better.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
If you admit his ego is fragile there is no discussion really. It should stop there. There are no ‘buts’.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
No, nothing ‘clear’ about that at all. Never mind ‘hate’. Ironic cheers could have been for a number of things tbh. It could’ve been because Emery chose to at last change something... I guess we’ll never know.

Jae

"I have a clear idea as to how things should proceed, and Arsenal know this as well. There will surely be a solution – as I can’t accept what has happened with me."

Yeah he's a goner guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom