<

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Ricardinho, Aug 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godwin1

Godwin1 Very well-known

Specifically regarding that abuse you're right.

2. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One

Listen, I was one of his harshes critics, but he has turned it around from a point me and a lot of people deemed as no return.

Did well again today, as he has been doing once we finally got a manager that gives him structure.

3. Ash10

Ash10 Jury Lite

Do you want me to bring up his compilation of mistakes?
    & I was solely talking about his performance today

4. say yes

say yes To Sweet Soulful Vinai

I don’t even think ‘turned it around’ does him justice.

He’s becoming indispensable. The player I thought we were signing 4 years ago.

celestis, Rex Banter and El Duderino like this.
  5. Manberg

Manberg Predator

You see things as “sideways passing equals bad”. Considering that alone, your opinion on Xhaka’s footballing ability will lack integrity.

Football Manager likes this.
  6. Football Manager

Football Manager Copy & Paste Merchant

Mistakes under the right set up now? Come on, try your best to find it.
    Or mistakes that we had a system to expose his weakness and hide his strength?

7. Ash10

Ash10 Jury Lite

You see Xhaka's playing= Great & not to mention the players you compared him to
    So yeah no point in arguing

8. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One

Figures that Arteta, who for years was our metronome, finally figured it out how to get the best out of him.

His flaws are evident, we know (and suffer from) those, but we finally see the player who can cycle the ball and control tempo, an underrated quality on a lot of players.

say yes likes this.
  9. Ash10

Ash10 Jury Lite

Find me some of his hollowed long passes in recent games in the right set up for him
    The right means him being a spare cb & attempting safe passes to minimize his mistakes

Doing bare minimum is the best a manager can get out of him in England. Early on Mason Mount took the ball away from in a dangerous position to get a shot away. That's what happens when he tries to do more as he's slow af & gets caught

10. Football Manager

Xhaka did make the correct choice of passes today. Whether it's going long/short, or taking it faster/slower. He made the right decisions.

11. Manberg

Manberg Predator

That was only one mistake, and which didn’t directly result in a goal. Being as good as he is, he’s allowed to make a mistake every couple of games. Every player in his position makes mistakes. Even Xavi and Alonso.

12. Football Manager

It's about reading the game and making the right pass. If your long options are marked. You don't play long. If you don't have passing options forward, go for a sideway one, progress the ball up slowly as a team.

He is not doing bare minimum, he is contributing a lot with his passing.

13. Ash10

Ash10 Jury Lite

Just gonna highlight this for the other readers

14. Ash10

Ash10 Jury Lite

Yeah sure whatever floats your boat

15. Football Manager

Yes you want to make forward pass for the sake of forward pass even if there are no passing options.
    You must have hate prime Barcelona, the best team in the world with a lot of sideway passes

16. Manberg

Manberg Predator

:lol: let’s pretend footballers don’t regularly make mistakes.
    Does Auba not occasionally miss good chances? Let’s pretend he’s not a world class striker I guess.

17. Ash10

Ash10 Jury Lite

Yeah you can be a great range passer only when you're afforded 100 acres of space & an hour of time but supposedly you're 'elite' at it & get instructed by the manager to not even make a single attempt whenever you're playing against a side that knows anything about pressing

Even after that somehow you're still regarded as an 'elite' passer who turns into a mid-table player when the manager tries to hide his flaws....just wow

Somehow you brought prime barca into this smh

18. Ash10

Ash10 Jury Lite

Auba, a guaranteed 20 goal a season striker who at the age of 31 would walk into almost every team if he wants to leave
    Xhaka was only wanted by Hertha Berlin in his prime

But yeah keep making comparisons

19. Football Manager

The post you just quoted, it wasn’t about Xhaka or arsenal. It’s about your misunderstanding in football.

20. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Aren't you guys tired of having the same exact argument again for the nth time even on a day like this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.