• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

In all seriousness can we win the title?

go49oner

Established Member
What we need to challenge for the league title and cup trophies next season

We need to sign.

1-New goalkeeper, Almunia has not been convincing this season.

2- Experienced Center back

3- Genuine 100% Winger, someone who can actually run at defenders and stretch the oppsitions, and can cross the ball. I understand Vela can play there but we need anther one.

4-We must keep Eboue as RB back-up, He should never be played in wings ever again.

5- Walcott must play more..much more

6-Flamini must sign extend his contract.

Alfonso

Established Member
bluenaz said:
You know you're unlucky when this guy, says this about ARSENAL of all teams.
Yes, even SAF admits we were unlucky.
http://www.sportinglife.com/football/ne ... MHD=soccer

When Ferguson starts talking like that you know he doesnt fear us. Only when he is cursing and moaning about us you know that we mean business.

If Man Utd lose all their games and we win all our remaining games and Chelsea lose all their games bar the Utd game then I think we can do it.

Illusion

Established Member
We haven't had a realistic chance of the title since the Birmingham game.

It was fun while it lasted, that should be our new club motto really shouldn't it.

This team needs work, Wenger has to make some tough decisions this summer.

We are almost always the better team, but we still aren't winning.

Nutsy

Established Member
Alfonso said:
bluenaz said:
You know you're unlucky when this guy, says this about ARSENAL of all teams.
Yes, even SAF admits we were unlucky.
http://www.sportinglife.com/football/ne ... MHD=soccer

When Ferguson starts talking like that you know he doesnt fear us. Only when he is cursing and moaning about us you know that we mean business.

If Man Utd lose all their games and we win all our remaining games and Chelsea lose all their games bar the Utd game then I think we can do it.

Alfonso, your sheer optimism is very very admirable at this stage. had we won that game, THEN realistically we are still in the title race, or even if we drew. But the fact that we lost, that confirms our season's progress.

Fair enough, Mathematically it is still possible of what you mentioned, but Man United has enough squad depth that give them the consistency they need to progress through out the season, we don't. That's the difference. All teams struck with injuries and such, but the fact that when injuries got us, we don't have back up. We all know that.

hujja

Established Member
bluenaz said:
ibby said:
For those who can remember, have we proved we can win the title?

Yes.

Most definitely yes. Lack of quality squad depth did us in.

When our players were firing on all cylinders, we were flying!

We proved our first 11 are good enough. Just immediately beyond that, we need major restructuring.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Illusion said:
We haven't had a realistic chance of the title since the Birmingham game.
I was not optmistics since the Boro game.

The game that really killed my hope is the Chelsea game. Something was really rotten in the team's defending.

ibby said:
For those who can remember, have we proved we can win the title?
Yes.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Anzac said:
EMIR8_SOLDIER said:
Terrys talking a load of Tom Foolery, what about the backbone being England not qualifying for euro 08, couldnt even beat a team that qualified already and at home

What about all the penalty shoot outs that they bottled in the past and still do, why doesnt he take a penalty...Do me a favour.....

Having more english in your side in the prem enables more protection from the refs and leeway and also media love, thats all IMO

I think you're being polite - Terry's a f*ck wit - shows why he plays CB (no offence to other defenders).................if he played a rugby code he'd be a traditional stereo type front rower = not too much between the ears son!!!!!! :roll:

Listen if I wanted to cuss this woodworm id destroy him but whats the point really, he says this when were out the title not when we were top for months or 5 poins clear.

Then he wants to come across as if he knows it all, world class defender but a f*****g bastard he is

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Ermm well after the chelsea game where we threw it away, that confirmed to me not only will we not be champions but we dont deserve to be this year

Of course I want us to win the league but our defence these last few weeks havent been what champion in the past do

Our unbeaten sides defence wasnt like that, chelseas double team surely werent and nor was uniteds last year and this year their defence is again very solid letting in the least goals

ricky1985

Established Member
EMIR8_SOLDIER said:
Ermm well after the chelsea game where we threw it away, that confirmed to me not only will we not be champions but we dont deserve to be this year

Of course I want us to win the league but our defence these last few weeks havent been what champion in the past do

Our unbeaten sides defence wasnt like that, chelseas double team surely werent and nor was uniteds last year and this year their defence is again very solid letting in the least goals

Sad but true mate. Sad but true.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
closed2ur0.gif

this should be, since we obviously could not...

kooldawg

Established Member
Mr. Hotshot said:
USArsenal said:
closed2ur0.gif

this should be, since we obviously could not...

Should have did it 2 seasons ago

hehe :D

Quite harsh mate, this season was our best chance and had a few freaky incidents like Eduardo's injury not happened to us we might very well have still been in with a definate chance.

Well in any case, what this team has shown us is that its almost ready, all we need is a few more decent additions and we'll be back in business for next season.

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas
Top Bottom