• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

In all seriousness can we win the title?

Gunner Ossie

Invincible said:
bluenaz said:
ibby said:
For those who can remember, have we proved we can win the title?

Yes.
Seconded.

its totally bemusing that arsenal have proved that they can win the title by not actually winning it? :?

i wonder what you guys will be doing to celebrate proving we can win the title by not doing so and when the medal ceremony will be. :roll:

Lancelot

Established Member
:lol:

And we are back to square one. I wonder who will have enough free time to deal with the same old debate again this time. :whistling

Dez

A brief reflection on this thread, if I may...

This was started in the summer, "seriously, can we do it". Thats how much we were written off, even us, the loyal fans, questioned whether we could win the title. The thread was not 'will' we win the title, it was 'can'. Not many of us, if any, would have been bold enough 1 year ago to suggest that we would, Henry and Ljungberg had left, rumours about Wenger and possible takeover and the stalwart in the boardroom, Dein, had gone too. It was dire. Noone thought we would do it, no one. We were written off as mid table mediocrity, 'struggling to make europe'. Sp**s were definately going to finish higher than us.

But we proved them all wrong, Sp**s, the pundits, even ourselves. We are the Arsenal, the finest football club in the country, trophies or not the team stood up and were counted and if any solice can be taken its that we were in the race, and that after 2 years of not, feels good. By mid year the title of this thread hadn't changed but all we were discussing was whether we would or not, many of us, were unfortunately right. We were in the race and that more than you can say for Liverpool and Tottenham. But if nothing else, we proved them all wrong and for now, thats quite enough for me.

ibby

Established Member
Gunner Ossie said:
its totally bemusing that arsenal have proved that they can win the title by not actually winning it? :?

i wonder what you guys will be doing to celebrate proving we can win the title by not doing so and when the medal ceremony will be. :roll:

These are the same Gooners that want a million signings because we have won diddly squit this year.

How they think we have proved we can win it is beyond me.

ibby

Established Member
hujja said:
Most definitely yes. Lack of quality squad depth did us in.

When our players were firing on all cylinders, we were flying!

We proved our first 11 are good enough. Just immediately beyond that, we need major restructuring.

We need major restructuring yet we have proved we can win the title :?

asajoseph

Established Member
We can't win the Title this season - unless Manchest Utd and Chelsea lose the rest of their games, in which case I'll re-open this thread and go and live as a hermit under the Drayton Park bridge.

So I'm going to close this thread - it's too painful. There are plenty of other threads to discuss what we're going to do in the summer and next season.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom