• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere and the burden of expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
It's about time Mesut got an extension too.

I agree with everything you said about Jack.

Re Özil, I'm sure they are already working on it, also Alexis. The way our salaries have gone up, the club will certainly want to keep those 2 happy and tie them down for longer. Lets win the PL then they will both sign!

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Jack Wilshere is a crock and always will be. The way he plays the game dictates this. We are paying 110k a week for a guy who gives us 3 months a season ffs. Diaby mk2. As much as I would love for him to stay fit and be the player he can be, we should really get a replacement (of which there are many btw) who can give us a full season now and again.

1745492.jpg

On the positive side, his right hamstring must be indestructible!

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Our best midfielder really, absolutely bastard whoever decided to make him a s injury prone as he is.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Ha! His form was up and down before his injury, let's not go overboard. I won't expect too much from him initially when he's back.

We need Santi and Coquelin back, I'm interested to see how Coq and Jack would do though. I think they match up well together.

Impact

Established Member
No. Wilshere when fully fit is always a 7/10 minimum. Has a ridiculously high base level. Wilshere building up his fitness via game time is a different proposition.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
No. Wilshere when fully fit is always a 7/10 minimum. Has a ridiculously high base level. Wilshere building up his fitness via game time is a different proposition.
Your memory must be bad, he has great talent but consistent he was not. I remember being pretty frustrated with him.

It's the case of people overdoing it with a guy who's been out injured again. Happens all the time on here and it doesn't help when our midfield looks championship level.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Let's look at a game where he was given time to get into the team after an injury:

Sublime. He intercepted, passed, dribbled, moved, and shot effectively.

No other midfielder we have does all of that.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
I'd like to see him play more like he does for England - less running around and more dictating play from deep. As good as he can be at dribbling in might be better for our team and Jack's health. Our midfielders tend to run around like headless chickens though.

Impact

Established Member
Your memory must be bad, he has great talent but consistent he was not. I remember being pretty frustrated with him.

It's the case of people overdoing it with a guy who's been out injured again. Happens all the time on here and it doesn't help when our midfield looks championship level.

I agree that happens on here. But I'm not being revisionist in my take on history with Wilshere. I think you'll struggle to find a run of games where he has been match fit and has underperformed since he broke into the first team. Key words there are match fit.

Impact

Established Member
Think we miss his character just as much as his quality. He's never intimidated. Has the mental strength to perform consistently under pressure.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Let's look at a game where he was given time to get into the team after an injury:

Sublime. He intercepted, passed, dribbled, moved, and shot effectively.

No other midfielder we have does all of that.
Brilliant performance that. Is that the last time he played for us?? Barring a few friendlies in the summer? I can't remember.

Top player, when fit. Shame his career is very likely to always be blighted by injuries. :(

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Yes - it's the last time he played for us, then had a few friendlies for England which he was MOTM.

Such a shame - he seriously looked ready to dominate this season. He has all the attributes we are craving at CM.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Yes - it's the last time he played for us, then had a few friendlies for England which he was MOTM.

Such a shame - he seriously looked ready to dominate this season. He has all the attributes we are craving at CM.
Oh yeah those England friendlies were at the end of last season too. He was immense in those.

Coquelin-Wilshere is the partnership everyone wants to see. Get this lad back and sort our central midfield out for christ sake. Ramsey doesn't know what to do nowadays.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
I like Jack and want him fit and healthy, but it's funny hearing people reminisce on qualities that people were criticizing him for when he was playing. "The injury effect"

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I hope he's better defensively than he normally is if he's coming back to play CM. I liked what he was doing with England though so we'll see. Hope he comes back and plays well, he's a top talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom